Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I use iSpin launcher version 1.5 its cleaner and faster than Zlauncher. The developer claims by November he will add a feature to iSpin that will be a Palm first, true multitasking! so when you close an app it will not terminate and run in the backround, perfect for multiple web browsers.

Does iSpin include memory manager functionality though? That's one of the essential features of zlauncher, LauncherX and etc imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by MacUser
    I'm using Hi-launcher & Z-launcher(which I just started to use this week because I saw a nice Mac OS X skin).

I using the combo of zlauncher and hilauncher too. I didn't like the builtin QL in zlauncher so I've been trying hilauncher. Although having both in ram is a pita....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    iSpin does have a built in file manager, jpeg viewer, vfs file support, folder management
    Last edited by migs; 10/17/2005 at 06:03 PM.
    zlauncher
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am happily using Initiate. Why don't more people use it? Any issues I haven't come accross?
    I have a lot of respect for Initiate. Its developer had an idea about how a launcher would work best for him, wrote it, polished it, and released it. It works very much unlike most other launchers. Having different options is good.

That said, Initiate is really a LAUNCHER for when you know the exact name of the program you want to launch. But what was the name of that breakout-like game again....hmmmm.... well, now I have to browse. THIS is where Initiate falls down hard. It doesn't display enough icons, or make category switching easy enough, to make browsing for an app simple.

I had several suggestions about making Initiate more browsing-friendly, but the developer didn't seem interested. That's fine - its his baby, and he gets to decide how it works. My hat is off to him.

I've been a LauncherX person for YEARS, but I've recently decided to forgo pretty much ALL third-party launchers. I use Butler's "keylaunch" feature to open any applications or bookmarks I need instant access to, yet I can still Browse apps easily with the default launcher, and make categories too. PowerRun lets me move apps to the SDcard. Its the best of all worlds with Butler, PowerRun, and the default launcher. And I get to save a few hundred (or more) K of memory as a bonus.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Im using Silver Screen, been using it on palms since my IIIxe i believe. Am I the only one using this one?!
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    ZLauncher all the way.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    dport, What theme is that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tgoulart
    dport, What theme is that?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...5&postcount=15
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    Launcher X and Hi-Launcher.
    Is there a way to get the 5-way nav to work with Launcher X? I tried this launcher before, but it didn't work with the 5-way.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    Is there a way to get the 5-way nav to work with Launcher X? I tried this launcher before, but it didn't work with the 5-way.
    Yes. You'll have to search the forum. There is hacked version posted that supports the 5-way. (You'll need to be reg. user and install over your current version.)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Rob: There is a patch that will get it to work. The patch is at http://www.launcherxplanet.com/forum...showtopic=1672 If you do a search you should find it. However, I've attached the file.

However, there is a known side button conflict if you use Butler. You will not be able to use the side key select. I use LauncherX, but am thinking about changing. Initiate seems a bit expensive. I will give iSpin a "spin."
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Wink40; 10/18/2005 at 11:11 PM. Reason: revise
    ...can prevent unnecessary threads.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Thanks dport
    I was a huge fan of ZLauncher, but it had gotten too large (2MB!) and too distracting, so now I've gone back to the default launcher. I'm having a real problem, though, with not being able to see my apps on the card.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Initiate has been giving me resets and freezes.....I mapped it to the phone button
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Zlauncher fan here.
    Can anyone explain to me the purpose of the profile manager?
    You can save your current profile, then muck around with settings on a different... Or maybe have one profile which is very simple, no backdrops, etc, and another eye candy profile, etc..

You can save and load these profiles at will, basically saving an overall "theme" and reloading it at will.

Never messed with it myself as I haven't come up with a need for it, but it sounds nice for experimenting with the settings if nothing else.
    Initiate and 2day I have found nothing that compares. I deleted zlauncher after trying initiate. I wonder too why more people aren't using initiate.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast