1.    #1  
    Hi,

I had my Treo 650 go into a indefinite reboot loop and I am now restoring my Treo after a hard reset by Bluetooth hotsync.

The restore has been running now for a while.... Seems to take forever. How long does the complete restore take on a Treo 650, given that I had about 3 MB free on the Treo.

I had all the conduits set to "Synchronize" with Backup set to "Desktop overwrites PDA".

The restoring seems to be choking at "Synchornizing Calendar". I am not sure if I should stop or wait...

I can restore by cable since my Hotsync works only through Bluetooth!
    Would appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Thanks
    Arun
    Palm IIIc -> Palm V -> Sony Clie N610c -> Treo 650
  2.    #2  
    Please help. I am stuck with this problem and cant seem to figure out how to proceed.
    how many calendar messages do you have? I have a LOT in mine and it can take a long time to restore thru a cable, much less bluetooth. not sure how long 10-15min over a cable would translate to in bluetooth time, but it could take that long.
  4.    #4  
    I waited for an hour but to no avail. Is there a way to incrementally restore than all at one shot? Any suggestions. Please advise.

Appreciate your help in advance, cant sleep till I get my Treo back up. Wish this forum had an online chat board.

Cheers
    Arun
    Why doesn't hoysync via cable work? You could start by moving/renaming your backup folder so that only your calendar and contacts get synched over. Then you can reinstall apps one by one. If you were in a constant soft reset loop before you hard reset, chances are if you restored everything from backup you'd be in the same boat. You could try and put your Backup folder back where it was and restore from backup, and if a soft reset loop starts again, do a warm reset and then you can delete the offending app if you can figure out which one it is...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Thanks scottymomo, will try it out tonight.
    No need to move folders. Just set the hotsync conduit to "do nothing" for everything by one thing at a time. It will take 7 or 8 hotsyncs, but will break it up for you.

By the way, I had the reset loop yesterday and did a hard sync and hotsync restore over the USB 2.0 cable in about 10 minutes. I have several hundred contacts and probably 8 years of calendar items.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Go to Hotsync Custom and set to sync 1 or 2 categories first, and not to sync pictures ...
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami

hotsync restore over the USB 2.0 cable in about 10 minutes. I have several hundred contacts and probably 8 years of calendar items.
    If it took 10 min over USB 2.0 it could take 480 times longer via bluetooth. The transfer rates are standard Bluetooth is 721 Kb/s while USB 1.1 is 11 Mb/s and USB 2.0 is 480 Mb/s.

Start waiting or get a cable
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    If it took 10 min over USB 2.0 it could take 480 times longer via bluetooth. The transfer rates are standard Bluetooth is 721 Kb/s while USB 1.1 is 11 Mb/s and USB 2.0 is 480 Mb/s.

Start waiting or get a cable
    Are you sure about that? I guess I didn't know 2.0 was so much faster than 1.0. I find it hard to believe I transferred 288,000 MB over my 10 minute hotsync. Either there was a lot of processing as well, files were overwritten many times, or I completely don't understand how this all works.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.