1.    #1  
    Dont know what happen with my Cingular GSM Trep 650, since yesterday:
    - Can't hear game tone through speakerphone
    - Can't hear music through speakerphone
    - but I can hear incoming phone tone
    - sound using headset is all fine

I did a hard reset, but didnot help. Is my speakerphone dead?

I didnt buy warranty, but it is still under 1 year old.
    Can anyone suggest anything I should do? is there manufacturer warranty and how can I get replacement?

Thanks for any response

Do you use any apps that jack up the volume? Do you use the speakerphone a lot (or play mp3's)?

I don't know what you can do as far as the warranty, but someone recently posted a website that a lot of treo parts...I saw the speakerphone on there and the price wasn't too bad. Try a search for it.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I have a Verizon Wireless and my speakerphone just died the other day for no reason. Everything else and all my programs and even the vibrate worked fine. One day no problems and next day it was dead.

I just got a replacement and it sounds great...
    Can you hear someone through the handset spealer while on a call or just through a headset? Could be a messed up headphone jack
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Can you hear someone through the handset spealer while on a call or just through a headset? Could be a messed up headphone jack
    When on call, I can hear the other person through the handset (although twice today I couldn't hear anything, and they can hear me well)

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Do you use any apps that jack up the volume? Do you use the speakerphone a lot (or play mp3's)?
    Very rarely use for mp3 or any other apps that use speakerphone.
    I used volumecare for 2 weeks only (trial time).
    If I recall correctly, the last time I made a phonecall before this screwup was using a headset, as someone pointed out it might be a messup with the headset, but I dont know what to do. I tried putting it in and out, didnt help.
    Last edited by jhawkinca; 10/08/2005 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhawkinca
    When on call, I can hear the other person through the handset (although twice today I couldn't hear anything, and they can hear me well)

Very rarely use for mp3 or any other apps that use speakerphone.
    I used volumecare for 2 weeks only (trial time).
    If I recall correctly, the last time I made a phonecall before this screwup was using a headset, as someone pointed out it might be a messup with the headset, but I dont know what to do. I tried putting it in and out, didnt help.
    Sounds to me like you have the HeadSet Jack hardware failure problem.

Jeff
    If it is the hardware jack failing, I had that happen with my 600. Since it wasn't under warranty, I took it apart and fixed it myself. It required me to push together the jack 'contact' points. I think I posted a picture of it when I posted about it.

Hopefully you can get it replaced through your provider.

One other question though OP...When you dial out a call, does the speakerphone button disappear?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho

One other question though OP...When you dial out a call, does the speakerphone button disappear?
    No. the speakerphone button is still there.

But I got it working now.
    Since I couldn't hear the other end's voice (most of the time), I had to use a headset. Yesterday after talking using headset, I plugged it out & played games, I realized somehow my backspeaker & handset speaker worked again !!!

Tell you the truth guys, I have been quite disappointed with this $450 purchase, the mic/speaker is unrealible plus with repeated self-resets. I want to sell it but dont know a good replacement.

but anyway... THANKS FOR ALL YOUR INPUT & MORAL SUPPORT !!!