Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I am looking for some help with RSS readers for my Treo 600. I currently use Avantgo and like it but want to have access to more feeds. I cannot get Quick News to install, prc is in install folder but never installs on Treo. I also tried mrss and although to work when I click on a link I end up at the same web page as my desktop rss reader goes to but on the small screen it is impossible to read and takes too long to download. I guess I am looking for a reader that distills the feed down to just the text. I would also like one that updates when I sync. Maybe I am asking too much but let me know if there are any options.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Ok, so I figured out how to fix my install issue with quick news however I run into the same problem in viewing feeds. I am not sure why people are giving up AvantGo for rss on palm since the web pages with the full stories take so long to load and hard to read with all the graphics. I love rss but I cannot seem to figure out how to use it on a palm. Let me know your thoughts.
    FreeNews (not free btw) is a java app rss reader for the treo that gets the full story and not just what's in the feed and strips out the images. Not sure if it works on the 600 but it might. Also, it's a subscription service (yearly fee) unlike Quicknews. I tried it out and mRSS but preferred Quicknews over both.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    If you want something like AvantGo, but more customizable and can use any web site, try Plucker. It's opensource freeware.

Cheers,
    Jacob
    how do these work.. i am looking for something defintely free and to add my rss feeds to read whenever.