Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sort of reminds me of the time a United Airlines flight attendant spilled a can of coke on the keyboard of my Toshiba Libretto. Here I am an hour later in the men's room at Dulles Int'l with the keyboard apart rinsing coke out of it. A little drying later the keyboard was right as rain
    Quote Originally Posted by BoeingPilot
    Sort of reminds me of the time a United Airlines flight attendant spilled a can of coke on the keyboard of my Toshiba Libretto. Here I am an hour later in the men's room at Dulles Int'l with the keyboard apart rinsing coke out of it. A little drying later the keyboard was right as rain
    I hope you weren't using it while you were flying
    I would not recommend doing this now that it is dry, BUT if it were still wet I would rinse it very will with distilled water before starting the drying process - this will get off any soap or calcium which could cause problems down the road.

However, if you have already dried it I probably wouldn't get it wet again.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    That sounds like a nightmare. I would snap a few pics of the restoration process.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  5.    #25  
    k, i put it all together, and everything seems to be working. made a call, tried the screen, bluetooth internet. side buttons. woo. only thing to note is that the screen still has a spot in the background, so i'm gonna turn the fan back on it overnight and hopefully it will clear up as the spot is dead middle.
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
  6.    #26  
    Good to hear! At least the phone is functioning.
    how is the stylus working on the wet area ? I would guess you still have some moisture between the touch screen part and the LCD. See if you can separate them and clean that or just take the screen and put it in a Ziploc bag with one of those moisture packs.
  9.    #29  
    didn't use the stylus, used my finger (yea, bad form while the phone is working normally, why stop now!) and it functioned well, didn't notice any offsets.

I just put the screen in a ziplock with the silica, I'll leave it overnight, hopefully it will dry up. Maybe i'll try and find a second and throw that in as well.
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Glad to hear all is working. A tough little unit our treos are!
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    From the looks of it, I would say try to dry it. It wouldn't hurt...It looks better than a non-functioning Treo.
    Former electronics tech says put it on a window-sill in full sun. That'll bake the moisture out without damaging anything.

Tom
  13.    #33  
    NYC is overcast for the next week, so the sunlight is a no go alas.

Tried the monitor again this morning and the spot was reduced in half. Slowly making progress...
    Keep us posted!
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Gonna have the cleanest Treo ever...
    Glad to hear it's coming along. Whew! A good place to dry stuff out is on top of the fridge. I had a watch that used to get water in it every once in a while. One night on the fridge and it was as good as new.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Gonna have the cleanest Treo ever...
    I bet it's going to smell great for a while as well
    Good work.

Funny, another call to put it in the sun. Well, I over did it with 3-4 days of sun (Socal Sun) which eventually baked out all the water from the screen. It never messed with the lcd or stylus points either, which is suprising.
    FYI, if you take apart your Treo, it should be possible to separate the LCD from the touchscreen. I did it once with a Treo 600. Maybe it's different with a 650. Try that if you can't get the screen completely dried. That's probably where the water is at.
    Hey Neps,
    Any update on this? I have followed this and realy wanted to know the final outcome. Did you get the spot to go completely away or not?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast