1.    #1  
    First...I did do a search, and found a couple of (VERY OLD) threads on this topic...sorry if there's a thread I missed, but I haven't found one that seems to be started since the most recent updates to the T650.

Anyway, what are people finding as far as software that lets us print directly from the Treo 650, via IR or Bluetooth? I see that DataViz has something for nearly $40. How's it working? What about another option, I think it's called BTPrint? Not willing to plop down the money until I hear from other users if or how it is working.

I did see some threads started on BTPrint from a few years ago, didn't seem to work on the Treo 270, but perhaps the problem has been solved by then?

Thanks...travel a lot and would love to print directly via IR or Bluetooth to IR/Bluetooth printers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    First...I did do a search, and found a couple of (VERY OLD) threads on this topic...sorry if there's a thread I missed, but I haven't found one that seems to be started since the most recent updates to the T650.

Anyway, what are people finding as far as software that lets us print directly from the Treo 650, via IR or Bluetooth? I see that DataViz has something for nearly $40. How's it working? What about another option, I think it's called BTPrint? Not willing to plop down the money until I hear from other users if or how it is working.

I did see some threads started on BTPrint from a few years ago, didn't seem to work on the Treo 270, but perhaps the problem has been solved by then?

Thanks...travel a lot and would love to print directly via IR or Bluetooth to IR/Bluetooth printers.
    Hey...

I am using Print Boy Pro by Bachmann Software. It will print any Palm document as well as any Docs to Go text document via IR, BT or serial cable from the T650 to a wide range of printers.

I use a HP deskjet 450 which supports IR or bluetooth. To print photos from the T650, you need to do it via bluetooth to the printer. Any text document in the T650 can be sent to the printer via IR or BT.

You can find Print Boy at www.bachmannsoftware.com

The price is somewhere in the 30 to 40 bucks range.

Chuck
  3.    #3  
    Hey, I tried to install PrintBoy and had two problems. First, when I tried to set up the driver, it would just return me to the phone application. Second, every time I tried to print, it would crash my unit (I don't need any more of THAT). I uninstalled the software and my phone is back to normal...did you have this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by ddahorton
    Hey, I tried to install PrintBoy and had two problems. First, when I tried to set up the driver, it would just return me to the phone application. Second, every time I tried to print, it would crash my unit (I don't need any more of THAT). I uninstalled the software and my phone is back to normal...did you have this problem?
    Hey...

No I didn't have any problems installing to phone and I haven't had any problems with it on the phone. It appears to be a file/driver problem. What type of printer are you using with the phone?

When you ran the setup exc file on the pc, where the printer files/drivers selected in the window for the printer you are going to use with the Treo? This will be done if you are using the same printer for the phone and computer. Otherwise, you will need to select the files/drivers for the printer that will be used with the Treo.

After hotsync with the Treo to get files onto the phones rom, you should have two icons on the launcher. One will be printer icon and the other will be printer setup. Run the printer setup first and make sure the files are there that go with the printer you will use.

If so, do any editing for connection type, IR or BT, baud rate etc. Then hit the print icon and a list of document type selections will be there. Select a catagory and choose a document and hit print.

Some printers may require more than 1 file on the phone. My HP deskjet 450 requires 3 HP printer files on the phone to function.

Chuck
    i just bought a canon mp500 and a bluetooth adapter. i paired it to my treo and downloaded printboy. everytime i try to print it says its sending the information to the printer but never actully does. it just hangs. there are only 2 drivers for canon printers in printboy. i am assuming that since the treo was able to see printer that it would be able to print to it. my laptop has no problem printing through bluetooth. any suggestions?