Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I am using the latest version of Documents To Go and I am now getting resets every time I launch DTG. I tried uninstalling and deleting the prefs file and reinstalling but the search for documents when it launches always causes a reset. I have tried running it from the SD card as well as main memory but I get the same results. Any suggestions?
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...=13395&pid=132

Get the Dataviz tool and delete preferences, databases, and temp files.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Ok, I deleted the three files and reinstalled. Unfortunately, it still resets when searching for files.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    LOL. It is a great program, I was just thinking of what someone else called it a while ago. I think they called it "Resets To Go".
    I'm having the same issue...never had that problem with the treo600, but with the 650, it's never worked right. Let me know if you figure anything out. I'll do the same.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I have tried a number of things in the past few hours including a hard reset. It will launch OK about 1 out of 10 times. Not worth the effort...I will have to look for an alternative that is more stable with the Treo.
    Try OfficeSuite. I'm going to switch to that from DTG myself.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    I just installed Officesuite. No resets so far!!! But it sure uses a lot of RAM!!!!!!!!!!
    I had the same experience at first, but now I'm actually down to less memory than with DTG and I have the database app installed! I have Docs and Database in memory. Spreadsheet on my SD card. I did not install the Paint app. All of my docs and databases on SD card. I only installed 2 fonts, but you can actually install your fonts to your SD card, so I may install more.

Have fun,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I've had the exact problem as you, and I think it has something to do with one these two things: 1) one of your docs is corrupt or whatever, just something is wrong with it that whenever it searches for that file, it will reset. 2) you need to hardreset, and start anew. Just hardresetting and hotsynching will not work. You need to hardreset and reinstall everything manually.

First try to hardreset, without manually installing everything (regular hotsynch) and then installing the original Docs to go that came with ur CD. Then uninstall it.....reset.....and install the newest.

Good luck!
    I used to have a corrupt file when it was saved on the handheld and then went to another program and then came back into dtg. Since I moved all my docs to the sd card and only create/edit native word/excel files, I have had zero problems.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve