Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    vsluv2golf,,,,, I dunno

But when you find out let us know

Maybe try a non-converged site.
    Also, I read somewhere on Shadowmite's site that it's good to take apps. out, but not good to put more apps. in that what you took out. And if possible, don't even put any apps. in after taking out what you want to take out. They said something along the lines of the less apps. in ROM, the more DBCache you will have available.
  3.    #163  
    I never had an issue with dbcache. The only problem I had was that I needed more RAM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    gspears thanks, I made the change to the J2SE. I tried my darndest to give a direct link the the sun java program but the sun java site just wouldnt let me. You mentioned case sensitivity,,,,, you didnt mean I needed to change something in the instructons did you?

Yes Im sure there are several apps that can be pulled out. It looks like intrest was lost in updating that list.

Im glad to help

No, your instructions except for that slight typo were spot on. That's a ton of work to get that much detail correct. Thanks again

I stuck my dictionary in my empty rom and now it's just a tad bigger than the original, but functioning perfectly and the dictionary is functioning perfectly as well.

Now to get a good email program and mp3 player. If anybody has any suggestions, email me offline so we don't tie up this thread.

Gary
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, so anyone know if the two bolded files in post #150 are the Sprint splash screens that show up when you turn on the phone and when you turn off the phone (phone being the cell phone radio)? If they arent' those splash screens, where do they appear in the Treo 650? They are listed as Sprint customizations and overlays for the launcher. Also, has anyone figured out how to completely remove the Welcome app.?
    Anyone?
  6.    #166  
    Anyone?
    I laughed out loud when I read this post. I laughed at your persistence, caution and issues
    Anyone?

They weren't in the Cingular software. They were Cingular specific programs that were in the launcher. It was great to get rid of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by gspears
    They weren't in the Cingular software. They were Cingular specific programs that were in the launcher. It was great to get rid of them.
    Huh?
  9.    #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by gspears
    No, your instructions except for that slight typo were spot on. That's a ton of work to get that much detail correct. Thanks again

I stuck my dictionary in my empty rom and now it's just a tad bigger than the original, but functioning perfectly and the dictionary is functioning perfectly as well.

Now to get a good email program and mp3 player. If anybody has any suggestions, email me offline so we don't tie up this thread.

Gary
    Posts in the thread are good, they bump it so users can find it. The best mp3 player is ptunes because you can stream internet radio but I heard ptunes doesnt work in ROM. Chatter is the best email application because it allows "work in back ground" and it does true push.
  10.    #170  
    Huh?
    What?
    I don't understand what gspears is talking about in post #167. I think he was trying to respond to my bump question:

Ok, so anyone know if the two bolded files in post #150 are the Sprint splash screens that show up when you turn on the phone and when you turn off the phone (phone being the cell phone radio)? If they arent' those splash screens, where do they appear in the Treo 650? They are listed as Sprint customizations and overlays for the launcher. Also, has anyone figured out how to completely remove the Welcome app.?
  12.    #172  
    I don't understand what gspears is talking about in post #167. I think he was trying to respond to my bump question:
    Ya, I know,,,,, I was just giving you a hard time

I do some searches on that.
  13.    #173  
    I went looking for answers for you and found links to my thread. Check it out, I famous http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/cellphones/
  14.    #174  
    Holy cr@p, here I am again http://satxpug.blogspot.com/
  15.    #175  
    Wow! I just read a Shadows that its no trouble to resurrect dead Treos now!!!
    Yeah, I did do a search before asking my question and all I got were lots of sites with links back to this thread.

So let me ask again.

Holy cr@p, here I am again http://satxpug.blogspot.com/

Face it, everybody loves ya!!!!
    Huh?

I told you, those two files (or the Cingular versions thereof) were not the splash screens, they were other items Cingular had placed in the Launcher. When I deleted them, I still get the Cingular splash screens but some of the Cingular crap that came up in the launcher is magically gone.

Gary
  19.    #179  
    What cr@p is gone,,,,,, tell me more???
    What cr@p is gone,,,,,, tell me more???
    Cingular has some crappy "get good" program, and an xpress mail program where they're trying to sell you services, etc. Just clutter I didn't want.

BTW: I put my TreoAlarm program in rom tonight which made the program just a little bit bigger than the original, but it's still working fine.

Gary
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast