Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    I have 2, one is unlocked by the original unlock code from Cing, another is still locked. But I don't have any problem when I flash the custom ROM on both.
    Damn, might be my phone..... I've done the process at least a dozen times now, making sure to follow the instructions I have found. Each time I get the same error. I'll try it again today.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Finally some success. After finding out that the error i was getting was related to unlocking phones it only took me two freaking days to have the brilliant realization that maybe I should remove the SIM. Yup, everything worked fine after that.

Now has anyone figured out what to remove to get rid of Xpress Mail?
  3.    #83  
    That's awesome,,,,, all you had to do was pull out the SIM card,,,,great.

None of the info we found mentioned this fix, we should put the error and the fix together for future googlers,,,

Error message Fpl (0005) update locked unlocked GSM remove SIM card fix

That should do it
    Yup, now im hummin along with my custom ROM, all my apps freshly installed from new versions and LOTS more free space on my Treo. Oh and we figured out that Silver Screen can not be run from a custom ROM, at least not at this point. Thanks Tem and treoluv for all your help.
  5.    #85  
    Your welcome. I hope others also find the info useful. I am pretty thrilled myself. I use to constantly watch my internal memory, now with the extra 4 megabytes, I don't have to worry about it. And when I tap a email address in Xinno it doesnt accidentally launch that POS versamail since its gone, gone, gone
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    The next question is whether anyone has the latest Verizon ROM to download. I couldn't extract what you state using the updater since it's not packaged in a way that easily decompresses into a ROM that I can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    The next question is whether anyone has the latest Verizon ROM to download. I couldn't extract what you state using the updater since it's not packaged in a way that easily decompresses into a ROM that I can see.
    You need to capture the ROM using the method described on shadowmite's site.
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    You need to capture the ROM using the method described on shadowmite's site.
    I have been looking for that so I could help out. Is it a different method? Can you post a link? I googled and searched shadows site for 1/2 hour and dint see anything eye catching.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I have been looking for that so I could help out. Is it a different method? Can you post a link? I googled and searched shadows site for 1/2 hour and dint see anything eye catching.
    http://shadowmite.com/roms.html

And of course you have to download the verizon update 1.04.

I've been reading you thread and getting ready to update my Verizonized Sprint T650. Probably this weekend.

Thanks for posting your directions.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  10.    #90  
    Thats the same info that we used. From what slinky said there is something different when doing a verizon phone?
    Thats the same info that we used. From what slinky said there is something different when doing a verizon phone?
    It should be the same AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
  12.    #92  
    Thaks AnteL0pe,,,,

For all you readers who are thinking AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $WTF$
    Heres my favorite dictionary Pocket lingo They have every kind of dictionary
    :shameless-plug-smilie-here:
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    If you're updating a Verizonized Sprint phone - yes, you have to hack the Sprint phone back to Verizon inorder to use your phone. So, you will need a data cable inorder to make this change - it's on this forum, just search "Verizonized Sprint phone". I've updated my phone once already but not this new update from Verizon. In regards to just a regular Verizon T650, I'm sure it's the same process as updating a Sprint phone.

Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  14.    #94  
    Oic Tyvm
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Thanks guys -- I missed that extractor and thought the step was later. I may be bold enough to try it later. Just seems incredibly time consuming... we shall see...

-- I see now. When I went to shadowmite's site the first time it said that the custom ROMS had to be taken down thanks to a letter from Palm, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Thanks guys -- I missed that extractor and thought the step was later. I may be bold enough to try it later. Just seems incredibly time consuming... we shall see...

-- I see now. When I went to shadowmite's site the first time it said that the custom ROMS had to be taken down thanks to a letter from Palm, etc.
    It can be time consuming if you miss something obvious like i did. Other than that, with some technical ability you should be fine. Just read all the step by step instructions you can find and read the warnings
    Hi Tem,

I was having the same problem as Al. I tried the new classpath here but now i get:

exception in thread "main" java.io.fileNotFoundException: Treo650-palmos.zip.a.pdb <the system cannot find the file specified>
    at java.io.randomaccessfile.open <native method>
    at java.io.RandomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at java.io.randomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at T3.pdb<t3.java:82>
    at T3.main<t3.java:24>

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for all the hard work.

All right after 2 hours of reading and 10 attempts I think I got it figured out.

type this

set CLASSPATH=; C:\Documents and Settings\Hello\Desktop\ROM

Then hit enter, then type

java T3
  18.    #98  
    Hi Sentinal10

I began to look for info on that but it ws pretty much pages like this with no answers. Im sure we can find a fix but first are all the files in place when you drop the command prompt. Heres a pic of all the files. If the pic is blurry, save it to the desktop and open it there.
    Thanks for the help. The files were not in place, I was trying to follow two different sets of instructions at the same time and got some steps out of order. Enough of that. By following just yours I have now been able to compile a ROM. now I have to work up the courage to install it.
  20.    #100  
    Just make sure the ace-palmos zip does not contain a folder.

I dont know how it ever would, I've never seen one in there so some people must be monkeying around with their folders and files a whole lot to get that to happen. Probably from going back and forth a lot, not knowing what they are doing.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast