Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    I'm not an expert on error messages but it sounds like that error message is saying that there is no java T3 file in your ROM folder.
    Is there?

If there is then did you place that ROM folder on the Desktop and enter the correct directory?
    If so the java T3 file may be corrupt. try deleting the java T3 file and downloading a fresh one.
    thanks for your help.

the folder is on the desktop and the directory is correct. Have tried deleting the class and re downloading it, but with no success - any other ideas...?

al
  3.    #43  
    Wow, there's a lot of good info on the sun.java website. I could only glance at it this morning. I'll read through it Monday morning. I'm new to java.
    well honestly either you said you were not a computer expert or I got the impression you were not and since you did not say that that was important I just thought you put the stuff there cause that's where newbies put junk. I NEVER put ANYTHING on my desktop. All that is on my c drvie is the operating system and that is it.
    but hay it is working so I am happy.
    anyone here know exactly what the deal is with installing a new launcher? It would be cool to remove all that launcher junk if I can put in my launcher. I am currently using (okay well I am not using it but I paid for it) hi launcher. But I am open to a different launcher.. Not that I have anything against hi launcher obviously I paid for it but I am not using it as I just keep forgetting it is there. Maybe if it were automatically the launcher on my machine and I had no other choice I would use it..

thanks
  5.    #45  
    Hi launcher is a launcher but it is just a pop up launcher so it cant replace your existing launcher. Many have had great luck with replacing the existing launcher with ZLauncher (my favorite) or MegaLauncher (my second favorite) or something similar. I've seen posts at MTDN on users having no luck replacing the stock launcher.

I have used ML, ZL and HL but am now only using the built in launcher and have settled on it.
    Can you please explain to me (total newbie) what you mean by a custom ROM? I want to move Snappermail, Vindigo and Splash ID to my SD card to free up space on my treo, but I want to be able to still launch them from my shortcut buttons and device buttons. Can you tell me how to do this?
    thanks.
    does anyone know if you can just load in the file that you get after you make your build if you want to add or delete from that point without having to do the whole running of the updater and copying the files and removing the old junk?
    I just loaded the rom into the treo650 tool and added the one file I had inadvertantly forgot and rebuilt it and it looks ok but I did not want to flash it into my phone without being sure first that this was ok

thanks

this is fun
    lorms, perhaps this thread would help. Read the start of the thread.

Here are other threads that deal with the same:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...ng&showposts=0
    Mobile version:
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...ng&showposts=0
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/17/2005 at 11:06 AM.
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    does anyone know if you can just load in the file that you get after you make your build if you want to add or delete from that point without having to do the whole running of the updater and copying the files and removing the old junk?
    There is no reason why it wouldnt be totally fine, as long as you followed the steps from 19 on down with all the correct files in place. Essentially this is what I had done on the first go around when some of my files were missing or corrupt. I recreated my ace-palmos.zip and did a file search on the missing file then picked up where I had left off after running the firmware updater and before running the ROM updater.

Also according to post #4 http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95869 you dont even need to run the firmware updater if you already have ROM 1.12 I myself would have to read that from a few others before I would skip the firmware updater part
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 10/18/2005 at 10:25 AM.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    Can you please explain to me (total newbie) what you mean by a custom ROM?
    We take the file that holds all the programs that originaly come on the Treo and take out the programs we dont like and put some in we do like.
    Quote Originally Posted by lorms
    I want to move Snappermail, Vindigo and Splash ID to my SD card to free up space on my treo, but I want to be able to still launch them from my shortcut buttons and device buttons. Can you tell me how to do this?
    thanks.
    You cant launch programs from the application (Hard/shortcut) buttons if they reside on the card. It may be possible with powerRun but the lag time on PowerRun sux.
    I've finally gotten around to trying to flash my Cingular branded, unlocked, Treo 650. I captured the base Cingular ROM using the instructions at shadowmites, I edited the ROM using the instructions and reference docs here and shadowmites (removed and added files), moved the files to the card in the correct directories, I backed up, hard reset, insert card, tap "FirmwareUpdater". I get a screen displaying the following info:

Software Versions:
    Update: NONE
    Module: EnzoC2

Big "Update Now" button
    and an "Info" button at the bottom.
    I hit "Update Now" and i'm asked if I want to update my Treo with new firmware, "OK". It flashes to the Updating Treo screen but imediatly throws up an error dialog stating "Fpl ( 0005)" with an "OK". The "Update: NONE" seems odd to me, have I mucked up the dir structure on the card somehow? I have the PALM folder and the ROM folder set up with the correct files in each. Anyone have any ideas for this one?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    error dialog stating "Fpl ( 0005)" with an "OK".

I googled that one, searched at Shadows and here and there is a lot of reading all relating to unlocked phones doing updates in general, unrelated specifically to custom ROMs. Sorry.
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by ajhard
    thanks for your help,,,,,,,,,,,,, any other ideas...?

al
    All right after 2 hours of reading and 10 attempts I think I got it figured out.

type this

set CLASSPATH=; C:\Documents and Settings\Hello\Desktop\ROM

Then hit enter, then type

java T3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I googled that one, searched at Shadows and here and there is a lot of reading all relating to unlocked phones doing updates in general, unrelated specifically to custom ROMs. Sorry.
    Damn, i get almost no results. Though the ones i find are about unlocking the phone. As I said my phone is unlocked, is there anyway I can lock it again, maybe thats the issue.
  15.    #55  
    I have read around for an hour now and your right all of it relates to unlocking the phone. I cant find any useful info...
    Thanks for your help, if anything turns up please let me know. Oh and if you ever find a Cingular ROM please also let me know, I would like to compare one that worked to the one im using.
  17.    #57  
    I sent a PM to MrDJ to ask if he came up with anything http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to....html#msg84450

A cingular ROM? What about the cingular ROM at P1 http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo650cingular/
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I sent a PM to MrDJ to ask if he came up with anything http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/to....html#msg84450

A cingular ROM? What about the cingular ROM at P1 http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo650cingular/
    Right, thats the updater I used along with the method posted at Shadowmites site to get the ROM i edited and tried to flash my Treo with. I have noticed that some ROMs that people post have a start.prc and DeviceCustomizer directory which then has a bunch of other apps and directories in it, whereas when you follow Shadowmites method you have a different set of files. I was wondering if anyone had the other kind of ROM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I just read this whole thread.

Tem's advice may work. But in his original post, he wrote "After 4 hours I figured out that I had to type cd Desktop\ROM then press enter."

If someone needs four hours to figure out THAT, then I'm not about to take ROM updating advice from him.

That's like saying "after fours hours I figured out how to pull out the dipstick to check my oil, but anyway, follow my instructions for installing a new engine and transmission."

BE CAREFUL, FOLKS.

Tem: go buy DOS for Dummies, first edition, circa 1991.

-- Evan, who's been using computers for several decades
    Quote Originally Posted by evank
    I just read this whole thread.

Tem's advice may work. But in his original post, he wrote "After 4 hours I figured out that I had to type cd Desktop\ROM then press enter."

If someone needs four hours to figure out THAT, then I'm not about to take ROM updating advice from him.

That's like saying "after fours hours I figured out how to pull out the dipstick to check my oil, but anyway, follow my instructions for installing a new engine and transmission."

BE CAREFUL, FOLKS.

Tem: go buy DOS for Dummies, first edition, circa 1991.

-- Evan, who's been using computers for several decades
    The instructions on what to do with the downloaded Java class from Shadownite werent all that clear. Congrats on attacking a guy who has been nice enough to lend a hand to the community though, thats awesome.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast