Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    yes i have already done that. I totally removed all my spyware virus junk cause it just kept giving me security warnings. now it does seem to create 2 files when it builds but they are not in the customrom direcoty. I have no way of knowing if they are accurate and do not want to trash my phone
    I looked at the ace-palmos.zip file that is created and it appears to be the new files that I added to the origonal rom. I cannot read the other file as it has an ext of md5.
  3.    #23  
    Welp, sounds like your right in line with step 19
    but how do I know they are right. they are not in the customrom directory? why is that? Is there anyway to verify everything is ok before I actually put them on my phone. I know this is the hard part.. the leap of faith of puttin them on my phone and hoping and praying that my phone does not break.
    is there anything I should have or know in case it does not work? How do I fix my phone if it breaks?
  5.    #25  
    If you open the new ace-palmos.zip and it is missing the files you took out and has the files you put in then it is the ROM you created.

The only "phone breaks" I have ever herd of is when the ace-palmos.zip contains a folder. But it shouldnt, just files.

What directory did it create the ace-palmos.zip in?
    Like I said before the ONLY thing in the ace-palmos.zip file is the new stuff I added NOTHING else is in there. This error would lead me to believe there should be other things in there???
    it put the ace-palmos.zip file in the root directory of the drive I was on. The same drive it created the customrom directory but not in that directory in the root directory
    sigh,
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylb
    Like I said before the ONLY thing in the ace-palmos.zip file is the new stuff I added NOTHING else is in there. This error would lead me to believe there should be other things in there???
    The ace-palmos.zip should (along with the 3rd party files you put in there) also contain palmone and Sprint ROM files that you chose to leave in ROM while working with shadowmites ROM tool.
    well I renamed the new palm folder to acepalm and deleted the rom folder off my card and renamed the old palm (which is named notpalm) to palm and put my card back in my phone and restored my backup and booted my phone back up and ......
    my phone is still working.. at least I did not kill my phone WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    hopefully someone can tell me what is wrong and why I cannot get this to work..
    I have to go to work now and won't be back probably till sunday.,.

hopefully someone by than (shadowmite are you there.. HELP! hahaha)

thanks guys
  10.    #30  
    If you clicked "select all" in step 14 which pulled all the original ROM files from the middle panel to the right panel then when you are done editing and you click "build it" a new zip will be created containing original ROM files along with your files if you added any.

You could do a file search on ace-palmos to see if shadowmites tool placed the new ace-palmos zip in a location that your unaware of.
    I clicked select all and it moved them to the right windows. I than added by making them show up in the left window and double clicked on them so they moved to the right windows with all the other files and click build.
    BUT they are not in the zip file
  12.    #32  
    You did everything right.

Did you do a file search to see if the ace-palmos zip folder containing ROM and your apps was placed somewhere else?

After building it, the custom ROM folder contained only the 3rd party apps you added?

My only guess is you missed a step or did something out of order. I sent you a PM if you want to go through it again when you have more time.
    hey can ne one help me..... i get to step 14 fine but when i try to "open ROM zip" the window pops up and says "unzipping rom base" and then allmost immediately i always get the error "runtime error '53' " "file not found: unzip32.dll" so i dont know what to do... thanks
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  14.    #34  
    What's your desktop OS?
    windows xp home
    welll I dunno what fixed it but I got it to work. Now just to figure out what I can and cannot put in rom and what I could but do not want to and making sure it all is ok.
    First I reinstalled java just in case and than I moved all the directories to my desktop instead of just having them on my e drive. This time when I bit build it did give the memory size and it created the custom rom directory and actually put files in it like it was suppose to. SOOOO it worked WOW.. that was scary and cool at the same time.
    the only thing I noticed that I did not see mention here is that it created an acepalm directory on my card and had a romupdater app on my phone.
    we will see how it goes. I should be sleeping as I just got home from work and need to be back in at 8 but I am tooo wound up hahahahaha
    thanks guys
  17.    #37  
    I moved all the directories to my desktop instead of just having them on my e drive.
    My steps say to have it on the desktop. You werent following my steps shame shame

the only thing I noticed that I did not see mention here is that it created an acepalm directory on my card and had a romupdater app on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    (22) I turned the treo back on and went the card view and tapped the ROMUpdaterApp

No appologies neccesary,,,,,, just a little instead, thank you
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis
    hey can ne one help me..... i get to step 14 fine but when i try to "open ROM zip" the window pops up and says "unzipping rom base" and then almost immediately i always get the error "runtime error '53' " "file not found: unzip32.dll" so i dont know what to do... thanks
    Sorry, sounds like you've got corruption on your computer, nothing to do with making a ROM or anything. I googled the runtime error and am trying to find info for ya. All I'm getting is "Fix your computer" advertisements.
    i started over again completely and it worked fine, thanks
    thanks for the guide - i am now so much closer to being able to reinstall the Orange FW on my Treo

the problem i need help with is at step 9. when i type java T3 i get an error "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: T3"

i have looked at the page referenced about setting classpath but have had no success - any ideas as to what i am doing wrong,

thanks in advance,

al
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast