Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
  1.    #341  
    A friend of ours KILLED their phone (endless reset loops) and I suspect from what they said it was because they put a self extracting program in ROM. They downloaded a program and pulled it into the ROM via Shadowmites tool without running it on the phone first.

Step 17 explains why that is a bad idea.

It is a little extra work but to be completely save it is best to pull programs into the ROM via Shadowmites tool only from the backup folder or the archive folder.

So if there is a program that is not in one of those folders that you want in ROM it is safest to run the program on the phone and sync so it then will be in the backup folder.

Some programs go through an initial setup process when first ran on the phone. If you put that in ROM without running it on the phone it will try to setup and crash repeatedly after a hard reset (endless reset loop).

Luckily Shadowmite has finished his "Dead Treo Resurrection Application". And our buddy brought his phone back from the dead.

P.S. vMAC check your PMs
    The new ROM customizing / updating tool in this thread:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=107543

Should make all of this much easier.
    Every time i try to download any of the roms, it takes me to a site and i wait so long and finaly get a "session invalid" message. Is there any direct place i can download any of these Roms from
    Quote Originally Posted by sarois3
    Every time i try to download any of the roms, it takes me to a site and i wait so long and finaly get a "session invalid" message. Is there any direct place i can download any of these Roms from
    I had that prob when something in internet settings was disabled or enabled.
    I will go see if I can find it, and post back.
    Just call me Berd.
    I still haven't found it.
    I guess for clarification;
    when exactly do you get this 'session invalid'
    First you click the Link in Thread,
    Then it takes you to Rapidshare,
    you choose 'FREE'
    It takes you to a page where there's a countdown,
    then it asks you to type what you see,(coloured characters)
    and to choose 'alpha' or 'omega'
    So, when do you get this invalid message?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/21/2006 at 01:35 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    I get it after I've typed the coloured characters on the screen and pressed enter. I'll attach a screen grab shortly....
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    berdinkerdickle
    You have described it very presice. This is exactly what is happening to me for so many times now.
    So i get the message after i have typed the coulerd code and pressed enter.
    Last edited by sarois3; 02/21/2006 at 10:18 PM.
    This is one of the links that i have tried.
    http://rapidshare.de/files/13334304/Cust1.zip.html
    Still no go.
    Hi Tem
    You mean i should log in and search for these files to share from someone?
    Ok i have registered,
    I have already started searching, but did not know what is the file name.
    I am not so sure what is next.
    Last edited by sarois3; 02/22/2006 at 01:02 AM.
  10.    #351  
    Thats weird the link worked lastnight. Sorry it wasnt suppose to take you to tha home page, it was suppose to take you strait to the file. I tried to fix it. Please try again.
    I am trying it now, Unfortunatly i have to wait for 72 minutes it says !
    Is there any other place i can download the cust1 rom from?
    After long heavy 72 minutes i got another message of wait for 50 minutes. After that unfortunatly same message of "invalid session"
    Is there any other possibility to get cust1.zip from anywhere else?
  13.    #354  
    I guess we could email to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarois3
    After long heavy 72 minutes i got another message of wait for 50 minutes. After that unfortunatly same message of "invalid session"
    Is there any other possibility to get cust1.zip from anywhere else?
    PM me that is one I did I will work it out with you.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Here's a screen grab of the message I get on Rapidshare:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    James,
    Thanks
    I got that.
    Much appreciated
    Haven't read all the preceeding posts on the rapidshare issue but have you tried clearing your browser cache before trying to access the link again?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Yeah I've tried. I also deleted my cookies and tried changing between Firefox and IE. Nothing works. All I can think is that I've exceeded my 'free' rapidshare download allocation, however I tried using my friend's laptop (over the same broadband connection) and I encounter the same problem.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    This is a great instruction set, thanks for posting it.

I'm having some trouble with my rom, so I thought I'd throw this out here: I'm having reset loops with my custom rom on my Sprint 650, and I'm not sure why. If I bypass startup apps (reset+up), it starts, but soft-resets on the home key, and the CDMA and bluetooth radios both fail. The default app launcher crashes (as does inserting an sd card, which launches that program).

Otherwise things are perfect, and while this is a fairly big issue for me, I'm sure it's a relatively minor fix...