Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
    Just finished my 1st Custom ROM and must say a big THANK YOU to all the members of this board for the help they have provided to each other. This is a REAL community
    and I'm glad to be part of it.

Thanks Again
  2.    #322  
    Awesome glad it worked out
  3.    #323  
    Hey all,,,, I really think our thread deserves another star

Only 4 stars seems wrong

Im big on attaboys
    Just wanted to add my thanks as well, for the great directions on creating the custom ROM. This forum has been invaluable to me as a Treo 650 owner.
    OK Tem or anyone else -

Back in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=210

Stone writes about not being able to run Agendus after creating a custom Sprint 1.13a ROM. I am having the same problem - I am only removing the files in the "safe" to delete list and nothing else, but Agendus will not run after a clean install (it is not in ROM). It is definitely looking for a file in the original ROM that I am removing. Anyone know how I can figure out which file it needs, short of building/testing a bunch of different custom ROMs? I really don't have that much time on my hands! ;-)

Thanks in advance for any help...
  6.    #326  
    I myself would email support for agendas and ask them. Looking at the pdf I sure dont see any likely candidates. Did you remove the palm high res font, the one that is said to be related to Blazer?
    I've already posted to the Agendus forums, but let's just say they aren't the most responsive bunch. And no, I actually left that file in, as well as the other two font library files. I wish I still had an older version of Agendus to test this out - maybe it is just a problem with the new version. Pressing on...
    OK I figured it out - if you use Agendus, you MUST leave ToDo.bprc and ToDo_enUS.oprc in the base ROM for the application to work correctly. So now my problem is solved - someone want to update the MasterFile list?
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    OK I figured it out - if you use Agendus, you MUST leave ToDo.bprc and ToDo_enUS.oprc in the base ROM for the application to work correctly. So now my problem is solved - someone want to update the MasterFile list?
    Yes, I caught your post At:
    Apps that work in Rom
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Tem you might want to update your pictures of files to delete. Sprint 1.13a has two new files in the updater:

CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc
    Inventory.pdb

Anyone know what these two files do and should we keep them in the ROM folder or delete them?

Also, has anyone figured out how to completely remove the Welcome app.?
    Anyone ever figure out what these two new files are in the Sprint 1.13a ROM update? Should we delete these when we do a custom ROM?
    Hmmm... Actually, it looks like CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc would be a file that we add to the Palm\Launcher folder and then run just like what we do with the CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device.prc file when we stick the SD card into the Treo. I've read in a thread around here that the newest PRL isn't in the new ROM? Maybe this adds / updates the 650 to the latest PRL released when 1.13a was released? I still have no idea what Inventory.pdb could be.
    Tem (or anyone else),

Thank you for your instruction on building a custom ROM. I have successfully created a custom ROM for Sprint v1.12 in the past, and I am planning to create one with Sprint v1.13a. However, I noticed (and others have noticed) that there are two extra programs in the Installation folder (CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc and Inventory.pdb). I'm thinking that the CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc is the ROM version of the E911_Firmware_Updater that Sprint/Palm put out in Nov 2005. (I can't figure out what Inventory.pdb is or if it is neccessary).

My question is if I build a new custom ROM utilizing the Sprint v1.13a and only copy the CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device and ROMUpdaterApp into the Palm/Launcher folder (and not copy the CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc) (STEP 11), do I need to "add" the E911_Firmware_Updater into the custom ROM (STEP 18) to have this update, or do I need to also add the CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc in the Palm/Launcher folder, or will it automatically upgrade it since I am using the Sprint v1.13a version? It seems to me that I need to add the E911_FirmwarePatch_Device.prc since I am "deleting" the CDMAFrimwarePatch_Device.prc in STEP 12.

Thanks A TON for your instructions. You ROCK!!!!!
    My Palm Evolution

Handspring Deluxe --> Handspring Pro --> Treo 90 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 600, Tungsten C --> Treo 650, Tungsten C --> Treo 650, Tungsten C, Tungsten T3 ---> Treo 650 (Custom ROM, FAT32, SlotDriver), Tungsten C, TX ---> Treo 700p, Tungsten C, TX ---> Treo 700p, Tungsten C, TX, LifeDrive w/ 16GB CF
  13.    #333  
    vsluvs2golf,

I am sorry I myself don't have any info on this. It has been quite a while since I have read anything about palm devices.
    vsluvs2golf, you should do the ROM update following Palm's instructions first (the hotsync method), then make a custom one and add only the ROM updater prc to the launcher folder. This way, after you install your custom ROM, it will show the correct firmware / ROM version. The two new files are not needed. The inventory pdb file seems to be a list of all the files in the ROM update. The other one (CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc) is the E911 updater which would be installed if you do Palm's hotsync method of updating the ROM first.

So, do Palm's method of updating the ROM, and once you do, you won't need either CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc or CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device in the Launcher folder inside the PALM folder. Basically, if you do Palm's method first, all you need to put in the Launcher folder is the ROMUpdaterApp.prc
    Anyone know what the file is for CNB to get rid of the "Wireless Email" app which is just a link to a site in Blazer. Wasn't obvious to me which one it was. Thx!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    IsLNdbOi and Tem,

Thanks for the quick reply and info.
    My Palm Evolution

Handspring Deluxe --> Handspring Pro --> Treo 90 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 600, Tungsten C --> Treo 650, Tungsten C --> Treo 650, Tungsten C, Tungsten T3 ---> Treo 650 (Custom ROM, FAT32, SlotDriver), Tungsten C, TX ---> Treo 700p, Tungsten C, TX ---> Treo 700p, Tungsten C, TX, LifeDrive w/ 16GB CF
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Sorry I'm confused about what was just said do i need to add the two files extra files in the 1.13 Sprint ROM to my Launch folder?

Also what is the Palm update method that is talked about and where can I find information on updating using this method.
    Last edited by vMAC; 02/18/2006 at 12:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do this myself anyone wanna create a custom rom for me? I can pay.
    Quote Originally Posted by vMAC
    Ok it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to do this myself anyone wanna create a custom rom for me? I can pay.
    Take a look at this:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=106675
    Just call me Berd.
    The Palm update method is simply the way Palm shows you how to do the ROM update. If you follow their directions first, then you dont' have to do anything with the two new files:
    CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc
    Inventory.pdb

and you don't need to add:
    CDMAFirmwareUpdaterApp_Device.prc

to the Launcher folder inside the PALM folder you're supposed to create as per Tem's instructions. All you will need to put in the Launcher folder is:

ROMUpdaterApp.prc