Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sissa223
    steve,
    did you check to see if you had all the files that tem and berdinkerdickle said you must have? There are:
    ace-palmos
    ace-htc-tpl
    ace-palmos-tpl
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-palmos.zip.md5
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-spl.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-evt.md5
    ace-spl
    ace-ipl-evt
    ace-ipl-dvt
    ace-ipl-cvt1

Yes< i have ALL the files listed above
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by sleibow
    HELP HELP....

I've been trying for weeks to get this CustomRom done but when I get to step 14 highlight "ace-palmos.zip" and then click "Open ROM Zip" everything comes to a halt and I get the following error message

Run-time error '53'
    File not found:
    unzip 32.dll

The file is in fact in the folder I downloaded from shadowmites' web site. I can see it along with the ROMtool

Where am I going wrong??????
    Delete all programs and related files. Uninstall java and DL the latest java. Then begin a new.
    Tem

Excuse my stupidity, but what is DL that I have to delete???
  4.    #304  
    Sorry, DL = Down Load
    Hi Tem ....

i am doing a custom ROM using your methods ... and it has worked absolutely flawlessly ...i am so happy with the performance of my GSM Treo 650 now ... (sydney, australia) ....so thank you for all your great advice and help ... you have made another treo user VERY happy ...

i wanted to use my treo to listen to a few mp3 and a few speeches ... etc while exercising on my walker .... i read a number of reviews which said that aeroplayer is better quality wise ... so i bought that ... but unfortunately found that it doesn't play wav files ... dang, should have done a trial first .... so i then did a trial of pocket tunes deluxe ... and was reasonably happy with it ..... so i registered the very latest version ... 3.1.3. i think it is ....

i have just done a custom rom and would love to put pocket tunes in ROM ... but the latest version apparently will not allow you to do that ....

according to James Gangut .... i need version 3.1.1 ......

Use Pocket Tunes version 3.1.1, also I have my skin in ROM and it works great.
    thank you ....
    regards
    aussietanker
  6.    #306  
    I can email you that version.
    I finally was able to load my custom rom to my phone using the help of Checkmate's post which gave me the last piece of information I needed.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106988
    i hope that i am asking this in the right place .....

1.can anyone pls explain how you format your card (i have a 2gb ultra 2 from scandisk) after doing the custom rom with the fat32 prc in it ..... does it (the card) have to be empty to do that? ....

2. i have found the following files in my ram list ... does anyone know exactly what these are for and if they can be deleted ..... i have never seen them before ...the first is JpegLib @ 66 k ... something to do with pics i guess ... the second is SharedContent_Tips @ 215k ...

just thought that i would ask before hitting delete ... neither came up on a search of this apps forum ....

thanks again ...
    Last edited by aussietanker; 02/12/2006 at 08:15 PM.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    if I am correct, when you format something it erases it.
    Be sure to back up before trying it.
    Okay, i'm still trying to figure out why my custom rom can't exceed 6.7 mb approx.... for most others it's fine as long as it is under 8mb. My original rom, i notice, only comes out to be 6.7 mb as well. So i am guessing it is a restriction placed onto a updater by palm. I have a locked treo, and since most of the people here seem to have unlocked versions, and hence using the updater version for unlocked gsm different from me, that could be the explanation, i figure. Is anyone here using a locked gsm treo and able to successfully flash a custom rom bigger than 6.7 mb approx?? Please let me know......
    Okay, i'm still trying to figure out why my custom rom can't exceed 6.7 mb approx.... for most others it's fine as long as it is under 8mb. My original rom, i notice, only comes out to be 6.7 mb as well. So i am guessing it is a restriction placed onto a updater by palm. I have a locked treo, and since most of the people here seem to have unlocked versions, and hence using the updater version for unlocked gsm different from me, that could be the explanation, i figure. Is anyone here using a locked gsm treo and able to successfully flash a custom rom bigger than 6.7 mb approx?? Please let me know......
    If your trying Cing,
    I had trouble with Cing.
    I think somewhere here @ T/C someone posted a Custom CNB.
    Want me to try and find it?
    Just call me Berd.
    If your trying Cing,
    I had trouble with Cing.
    I think somewhere here @ T/C someone posted a Custom CNB.
    Want me to try and find it?
    Thanks for the offer! I would be more than glad if you would. If I'm understanding you correctly though, I think I need Custom CNG than a CNB. I don't know what the difference is but the support site at Palmone.com indicates that's the version i need.
    THanks a bunch berdinkerdickle!
    Thanks for the offer! I would be more than glad if you would. If I'm understanding you correctly though, I think I need Custom CNG than a CNB. I don't know what the difference is but the support site at Palmone.com indicates that's the version i need.
    THanks a bunch berdinkerdickle!
    You will need to stay w/ CNG.
    Unless you decide to go Unlocked GSM. But we can talk about that later. For now I'll go see what I can find.
    Just call me Berd.
    sissa,
    Sorry, It is CNB.
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=265
    You might ask scotty how things are working out.
    I'll do a little more searching, and get back.
    Just call me Berd.
    berdinkerdickle, i'll definitely look into it. I really appreciate your help. Thanks a bunch. hope someday i can return the favor.
    I could not find a CNG.
    You could PM Vixen:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showp...&postcount=537
    Just call me Berd.
    Here's a Cingular G ROM with Fat32
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=265
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Thanks James,
    I guess I should of just asked you.
    I didn't want to overwhelm you.
    In the future, I guess I'll just ask.
    Thanks, So much, Again
    Just call me Berd.
    Thanks guys,
    I really do appreciate this,
    however i have a feeling that it is also suffering from the same limitation as my try outs have been...
    I have confirmed that it is due to this particular rom version and what i need to do is get my treo unlocked and starting using updater for gsm unlocked.
    you guys are awesome, i think i learned quite a bit through you guys, thanks so much really.
    Sissa223,

Just wanted to confirm that I am seeing the same size restriction on my locked 1.17 CNG. Otherwise, everything is working well with my custom ROM.
    PS Also added FAT32. It rocks.