Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I think you should delete all related files and programs from the computer and start over. Trying to figure out which file is bad is pert near impossible.
    Tem,
    I've tried following the step-by-step from scratch a few times already making sure to take my time and do exactly what the post says. What I'm having an issue with is that because the post is more specifically for Sprint custom roms I do not have an exact idea of what I need to be using for files on the Cingular side. I'm just looking to a specific answer to my initial question.

Thanks,
    Steve
  2.    #283  
    I sent a PM to Antel0pe, he knows a bit about cingular custom roms.
    In the ace-palmos directory there's a lot of files that exist in all the different languages, eg:

AddressLib_deDE.oprc
    AddressLib_enUS.oprc
    AddressLib_esES.oprc
    AddressLib_frFR.oprc
    AddressLib_itIT.oprc
    Address_deDE.oprc

Can all those duplicates (every single one of them) be removed ???

I onlo want english.

PLEASE see attached excel spreadsheet
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    OIC, have you read this one? http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650ROMFaq
    Tem,
    I have read that FAQ also but it still doesnt make everything clear.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    In the ace-palmos directory there's a lot of files that exist in all the different languages, eg:

AddressLib_deDE.oprc
    AddressLib_enUS.oprc
    AddressLib_esES.oprc
    AddressLib_frFR.oprc
    AddressLib_itIT.oprc
    Address_deDE.oprc

I onlo want english.

I like the spread sheet.
    All but a few of the duplicate Langs can be removed.
    You have to leave one addition Lang for 6 or 7 of the duplicates.
    I'll go see if I can find which ones, and post here when I find them.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 02/11/2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls

AddressLib_deDE.oprc
    AddressLib_enUS.oprc
    AddressLib_esES.oprc
    AddressLib_frFR.oprc
    AddressLib_itIT.oprc
    Address_deDE.oprc

I onlo want english.

Found it.
    Leave one extra Lang for these Files:
    DigitizerPnl_XXXX.oprc
    IIDatalib_XXXX.oprc
    LatinLocModule-2X_XXXX.oprc
    LocalLib_XXXX.oprc
    LocsLib_XXXX.oprc
    SetupApp_XXXX.oprc
    SplashscreenColor-2X_XXXX.oprc

Just replace the XXXX with a second lang of your choice.
    Just call me Berd.
    i'm hoping that this is the correct thread to ask this question ....

i am working on doing a custom rom using 120lap stripped clf32 ... i was going to add aeroplayer cause it is on the approved list to go in rom ... but i am now finding that while it does mp3 very well ... it doesn't do wav files ... ... i had thought that there was aplug in that enables it to do that ... but after much searching it seems that is not the case ...

so i would like to fall back to p tunes ... which used to be on the approved list ... but the most recent version apparently is not .... the list does say that ..

Pockettunes.prc works, ptunes.prc does not. (Skins need to go in RAM)

what exactly does this mean ....do i jsust rename the ptunes prc to pockettunes ... or is pockettunes the name of the older versions? ...

thanks for any advice ... it is always appreciated ...
    regards
    aussietanker
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    I like the spread sheet.
    All but a few of the duplicate Langs can be removed.
    You have to leave one addition Lang for 6 or 7 of the duplicates.
    I'll go see if I can find which ones, and post here when I find them.

Thanks so much for that information.
    I'm now going to re-do my ROM stripped right back to a skeleton.

Thankyou
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    i'm hoping that this is the correct thread to ask this question ....

i am working on doing a custom rom using 120lap stripped clf32 ... i was going to add aeroplayer cause it is on the approved list to go in rom ... but i am now finding that while it does mp3 very well ... it doesn't do wav files ... ... i had thought that there was aplug in that enables it to do that ... but after much searching it seems that is not the case ...

so i would like to fall back to p tunes ... which used to be on the approved list ... but the most recent version apparently is not .... the list does say that ..

what exactly does this mean ....do i jsust rename the ptunes prc to pockettunes ... or is pockettunes the name of the older versions? ...

thanks for any advice ... it is always appreciated ...
    regards
    aussietanker
    Use Pocket Tunes version 3.1.1, also I have my skin in ROM and it works great.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    I had pockettunes 3.1.3 in the rom and it didn't work (only resets). I threw it out again.
    BTW: With this (and some other threads on TreoCentral) I've learned how to bulid and to flash a custom rom. Great thanks to shadowmite and jamesgangut.
    mmm ... thank you for that advice....

i paid for a registration code for ptunes a month or two ago ..... but the ONLY version that i can find on my pc or palm folder is the latest one ... i have looked on their website ... but i don't see any option to dwnld anything but the latest version ... some software providers actually allow you to choose which version that you want to dwnld on their dwnld page ... it doesn't seem to be the case here

i can email them .... is there any other way to access an oldr version ... i would guess that my particular regtn code would work on a version that is only one or two revisions ago

regards
    aussietanker
    how do i go about repartitioning the memory area? i was told that the reason why my custom rom can't have more than a very small number of apps is because it is not repartitioned. My custom rom gets error during flash if it exceeds approx. 6.8 mb. Is it happening because it isn't repartitioned? how do i do it? Anyone? Please help..
    Quote Originally Posted by sissa223
    how do i go about repartitioning the memory area? i was told that the reason why my custom rom can't have more than a very small number of apps is because it is not repartitioned. My custom rom gets error during flash if it exceeds approx. 6.8 mb. Is it happening because it isn't repartitioned? how do i do it? Anyone? Please help..
    Sissa,
    Did you successfully get a custom rom loaded on a Cingular Treo 650 locked? I'm still without an answer on which files need to be under the PALM/Launcher folder for Cingular owners. I've created a custom rom using the latest update from Palm's site(1.17) but I'm unable to load it after a hard reset. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Steve
  14.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by aussietanker
    mmm ... thank you for that advice....

i paid for a registration code for ptunes a month or two ago ..... but the ONLY version that i can find on my pc or palm folder is the latest one ... i have looked on their website ... but i don't see any option to dwnld anything but the latest version ... some software providers actually allow you to choose which version that you want to dwnld on their dwnld page ... it doesn't seem to be the case here

i can email them .... is there any other way to access an oldr version ... i would guess that my particular regtn code would work on a version that is only one or two revisions ago

regards
    aussietanker
    You can google the name of the application and the version number you need. Many sites do not update their versions of software regularly.

If not support can usually direct you to the version you need. Which version do you need. I have a few diffent version on my hard drive.
    Steve,
    It has worked for me as long as I keep the size less than 6.8 mb which doesn't allow for many apps to be put in. But the good thing is of course that i got rid of useless files. I'm not really following where you are stuck right now. Have you taken a look at berdinkerdickle's method? He made it ultra clear for me as he is very detailed in each and every step. Are you able to execute RomUpdaterApp off the palm/launcher? After it goes through the checklist, does it tell you it's successful and to perform a hard reset? Tell me where you are stuck...
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    For our german users: I have written a "25-step for updating a custom-rom" with another username on Nexave-Hardware-Forum
    Have a look!
    Quote Originally Posted by sissa223
    Steve,
    It has worked for me as long as I keep the size less than 6.8 mb which doesn't allow for many apps to be put in. But the good thing is of course that i got rid of useless files. I'm not really following where you are stuck right now. Have you taken a look at berdinkerdickle's method? He made it ultra clear for me as he is very detailed in each and every step. Are you able to execute RomUpdaterApp off the palm/launcher? After it goes through the checklist, does it tell you it's successful and to perform a hard reset? Tell me where you are stuck...
    Sissa,
    When I run RomUpdaterApp it sees my custom rom in the ROM folder off my SD card but when I try to use the commands (Step 22) that are mentioned in the original post it comes back with an invalid command error. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Steve
    HELP HELP....

I've been trying for weeks to get this CustomRom done but when I get to step 14 highlight "ace-palmos.zip" and then click "Open ROM Zip" everything comes to a halt and I get the following error message

Run-time error '53'
    File not found:
    unzip 32.dll

The file is in fact in the folder I downloaded from shadowmites' web site. I can see it along with the ROMtool

Where am I going wrong??????
    steve,
    did you check to see if you had all the files that tem and berdinkerdickle said you must have? There are:
    ace-palmos
    ace-htc-tpl
    ace-palmos-tpl
    ace-ipl-cvt2.md5
    ace-ipl-dvt.md5
    ace-palmos.zip.md5
    ace-palmos-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt2
    ace-spl.md5
    ace-ipl-cvt1.md5
    ace-htc-tpl.zip.md5
    ace-ipl-evt.md5