Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    wow....nevermind....i found the files they were in "Update Treo 650" folder in palmone.......im retarded..........
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Silly question:

I just got a limited edition T650 2 weeks ago with 1.13 firmware. The present ROM has few programs that did not exist in my previous T650, namely CJKOS and PPen. If I were to built a custom ROM using 1.20 base and flash it, I will lose CJKOS ???

Is there a way for me to customize my existing 1.13 firmware ?
    Need WIFI, 3.5G, slim and light form factor for Treo to win me back from Samsung i600 !!!!!
    [QUOTE=treonu-b]I need some help here...ive been at this for 2 days now and i cant seem to get it.

I tried following the instructions but for some reason my "Install" folder under my username in the palmone folder never gets any files in it when i try to do the upgrade. instead i think the upgrade just copies the files directly to the treo. anyway, i searched my computer for some of those files that were shown in the picture and i found them in "c:\backup\temp007\" folder so i thought i could run the java step from there....except no, instead i get:
    exception in thread "main" java.io.fileNotFoundException: Treo650-palmos.zip.a.pdb <the system cannot find the file specified>
    at java.io.randomaccessfile.open <native method>
    at java.io.RandomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at java.io.randomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at T3.pdb<t3.java:82>
    at T3.main<t3.java:24>

I also have this problem. I cannot get this to work and I get similar errors.
    I hope somebody can help and tell us how to get around this.
    download an already stripped rom, search for those there are many around for different carriers
    Treoing & Loving it

When I get to the following instruction:

Type: java T3

I get the following error. Does anybody understand what this means ?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: t3 (wrong name: T3)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    [QUOTE=Roobuls]
    Quote Originally Posted by treonu-b
    I need some help here...ive been at this for 2 days now and i cant seem to get it.

I tried following the instructions but for some reason my "Install" folder under my username in the palmone folder never gets any files in it when i try to do the upgrade. instead i think the upgrade just copies the files directly to the treo. anyway, i searched my computer for some of those files that were shown in the picture and i found them in "c:\backup\temp007\" folder so i thought i could run the java step from there....except no, instead i get:
    exception in thread "main" java.io.fileNotFoundException: Treo650-palmos.zip.a.pdb <the system cannot find the file specified>
    at java.io.randomaccessfile.open <native method>
    at java.io.RandomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at java.io.randomAccessfile.<init><unknown source>
    at T3.pdb<t3.java:82>
    at T3.main<t3.java:24>

I also have this problem. I cannot get this to work and I get similar errors.
    I hope somebody can help and tell us how to get around this.
    Are you trying to install the ROM with the Palm Install tool and a hotsync?
    No, I am following the instructions from here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=97527

When I get to the end of step 9, I can't get it to work.
    I copy the java T3 class to the new directory I've created. I go into a DOS screen, go to that directory and try to execute. But, no success.
    I've tried moving to the different sub-directories in there but it still doesn't find what it wants.
    What about just downloading one that is already customized? Look at my post on the previous page of this thread for a link.
  9.    #229  
    Hi Roobuls,

Sorry this symester is busy for me. I didn't know there was discussion going on.

If you get the error that the class is not found you may need to set the class path. Info for that is in step 9. If setting the class path does no good then make certain the directory is entered correctly and that the folder is in the given location per the steps on page one of this thread. If you get the error that mentions lang then the command you gave is not valid. Which is usually a problem with characters, spacing or capitalization for the command prompt. It is also possible for the T3 class to be corrupt thais happens when the files are moved aroung and they aren't copied to the now location correctly. They lose some data.

Exactly what errors are you getting?

If you have logmein set up I could peek at your set up.

If I'm not addressing part of your question or if another poster had questions let me know. I'm viewing this from the handheld and when quotes of quotes get quoted and theres enough back and forth its confusing on a 2 inch screen.
    Why not just use the T3.jar file and skip all the class business. I have found it to work much better.

Just a thought.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

actually type "T3".....with a capital T............you typed "t3"..........
    hey guys... i've been reading this thread for the past hour or so and i am dying to try this out on my treo. i have a cingular branded locked treo 650, firmware version is 01.51, and software version Treo650-1.17-CNG. Question here is do i need to update the firmware if and when i get my treo unlocked? (i just got this treo and the cingular rep told me that my account needs to be in good standing for at least 3 months for them to give me an unlock code).
    Next, how do i get the base rom image?? I understand I need to download the Updater from Palm for Cingular Treos which i have done (version 1.17) but I'm lost as to what do afterwards. I ran the updater and it prompts me to back up my treo using hotsync, and when i do, it backs up and goes straight to the updating process without a pause to let me consider the next step. So basically, I can't find the installation files needed to create the base rom. I'm stuck. Is it because of the way palm has changed their way of packaging the updater?
    And finally, does someone have a Cingular locked Treo 650 running on a Custom Rom? If so, could you create one for me? I'll be willing to pay a small fee for your help. I just really hate seeing my ram dwindle.
    Thanks and take care.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I'm performing my first ever custom ROM (for unlocked GSM, using 1.20ENA) and have a question...

Looking through the file list on Shadowmites custom ROM builder, there appear to be a bunch of language files such as DeviceResLib_itIT.oprc and DigitizerPnl_frFR.oprc etc.

If I want to only keep english and say spanish languages is it safe to delete all files that end in itIT, frFR etc?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    If I want to only keep english and say spanish languages is it safe to delete all files that end in itIT, frFR etc
    Yes, definitely safe.
    When I get to the end of step 9, I can't get it to work.
    I copy the java T3 class to the new directory I've created. I go into a DOS screen, go to that directory and try to execute. But, no success.
    I've tried moving to the different sub-directories in there but it still doesn't find what it wants.

This stuff is case sensitive, you have to type

java T3

and not

java t3
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok, thanks very much.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    hey guys... i've been reading this thread for the past hour or so and i am dying to try this out on my treo. i have a cingular branded locked treo 650, firmware version is 01.51, and software version Treo650-1.17-CNG. Question here is do i need to update the firmware if and when i get my treo unlocked? (i just got this treo and the cingular rep told me that my account needs to be in good standing for at least 3 months for them to give me an unlock code).
    Next, how do i get the base rom image?? I understand I need to download the Updater from Palm for Cingular Treos which i have done (version 1.17) but I'm lost as to what do afterwards. I ran the updater and it prompts me to back up my treo using hotsync, and when i do, it backs up and goes straight to the updating process without a pause to let me consider the next step. So basically, I can't find the installation files needed to create the base rom. I'm stuck. Is it because of the way palm has changed their way of packaging the updater?
    And finally, does someone have a Cingular locked Treo 650 running on a Custom Rom? If so, could you create one for me? I'll be willing to pay a small fee for your help. I just really hate seeing my ram dwindle.
    Thanks and take care.
    Please help...
  18.    #238  
    Quote Originally Posted by sissa223
    Please help...
    I don't know a great deal about locked phones or GSM ROMs but you would download the ROM for whatever carrier you are locked to. And I guess if its unlocked you could use any GSM ROM. Mabey someone who knows a bit about GSM can give you knowledgeable info on that.

As far as grabbing the files you need from the updater you don't sync the files to the treo through the updater. You aren't suppose to press the sync button the second time the updater tells you to. The first time it tells you to sync is to back up the treo, that OK to do. The second time it tells you to sync is when you go on to create the ROM folder on the desktop and continue on with the directions on page one of this thread.

Let me know if I coved it well. I'm happy to help.
    I'm performing my first ever custom ROM (for unlocked GSM, using 1.20ENA) and have a question...

Looking through the file list on Shadowmites custom ROM builder, there appear to be a bunch of language files such as DeviceResLib_itIT.oprc and DigitizerPnl_frFR.oprc etc.

If I want to only keep english and say spanish languages is it safe to delete all files that end in itIT, frFR etc?
    This stumped me aswell Hicks. The Shadowmite PDF list doesn't mention the language files as they are not in CDMA roms. I wasn't sure whether I could safely delete all language files that don't say "enUS" at the end. I've seen mention of a "carrier version 249" error that happens if you don't have a certain number of language files, which makes me a little nervous. Can't find it in any searches though.....
    Tell me how it goes.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    You aren't suppose to press the sync button the second time the updater tells you to. The first time it tells you to sync is to back up the treo, that OK to do. The second time it tells you to sync is when you go on to create the ROM folder on the desktop and continue on with the directions on page one of this thread.
    Tem, that's where i am puzzled. The updater doesn't prompt me to do second hotsync but only does it once when it backs up. Then it goes straight through updating process without a pause.
    Could you give me a sample list of the installation files? Maybe I can search for them, because i notice that when i double click on the updater, it extracts some files before beginning the installshield wizard. Maybe i need to locate those files. Knowing what to look for would help immensely.