Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    That "get good" program sounds like the InHand thing in the Sprint Treo 650 and the xpress mail thing sounds like the getbc thing. Both of those things in the Sprint Treo 650 have specific names that are listed on that PDF of files that are safe to delete. They are not the files I asked about in #150. Guess I'll just leave them in then when I make my custom ROM.
    I think you should leave them out,,,,,, then maybe after awhile you'll realize whats missing,,, then well know what they are.
    an issue I am having right now is the apps I add to the custom rom are not appearing when I do the update. I searched about this but cant seem to track down any info.
  3.    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by rye&ginger
    an issue I am having right now is the apps I add to the custom rom are not appearing when I do the update. I searched about this but cant seem to track down any info.
    Are you saying you built a ROM with 3rd party application you put in and when you flashed the ROM you built containing the 3rd party apps, after a successful flash they were not on the device?

On your reply please give as much detail as humanly possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Are you saying you built a ROM with 3rd party application you put in and when you flashed the ROM you built containing the 3rd party apps, after a successful flash they were not on the device?

On your reply please give as much detail as humanly possible.
    Yes that is what I am saying.

I am using the 171/120 stripped package by MFB as the base. It installs just fine.

I use that zip to make the rom in the T650tool. It gets created in the folder up from where the ROM I modified is in the 'custom rom' folder. I copy the ace zip file from that folder to where the restore tool files are. When I open that zip file...the apps I added are in there as PRC files. Or I overwrite the 2 files into the Treo650.xxx folder and then load the Palm folder to a SD card.

I have tried to upgrade the ROM using the normal SD card method and the new restore tool made by shadowmite and co.

Im thinking I could downgrade to a previous ROM and then try? perhaps the install doesnt take hold because the same FW/SW verisons are detected. All indicators make it seem the upgrade is occuring normally however, as it takes just as long to complete.
    Last edited by rye&ginger; 12/16/2005 at 08:33 PM.
    Are you resetting it after you complete the flash. The first time I flashed my custom ROM, I neglected to do the hard reset, and had the same problem.
    Yes I hard reset. I have no idea why its not working. I dont want to try to many as I dont want to kill the device.
    rye&ginger,
    try checking this out:
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650ROMFaq
    Kudo! kudos! Tem

R
    Chan
    Ok, now that the sad little Sprint 1.13 update is out, does that PDF with the list of files that are safe to remove from ROM (found in the beginning of this thread) still apply?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chandana
    Kudo! kudos! Tem

Chan
    Thanks, thanks, I do like kudos

I am curious why you were using a zipped ROM that someone made instead of using the capture method?
    Can someone please help me. I am typing in exactlywhat u typed into the command prompt except replacing hello with my account name for windows. I think I am supposed to do that, right? But I keep getting a response of "the syntax of the command is incorrect".
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Ok, now that the sad little Sprint 1.13 update is out, does that PDF with the list of files that are safe to remove from ROM (found in the beginning of this thread) still apply?
    Bump...

Also, Tem or anyone else experienced with these firmware updates... Does your method (Tem) update BOTH the firmware and ROM? I noticed that two of the files that are extracted when running the updater, one is called firmwareupdater or something similar and the other is a romupdater.
  13.    #193  
    IsLNdbOi,

Are you asking if it updates the PRL? If so yes I have been told by a sprint rep that new PRLs are included in ROM updates,,,,,, and you know how reliable they are,,,,,,,, But I just really doesnt matter,,,,,,, You can update your PRL anytime with a 30 second call.......
  14.    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by tcens
    Can someone please help me. I am typing in exactly what u typed into the command prompt except replacing hello with my account name for windows. I think I am supposed to do that, right? But I keep getting a response of "the syntax of the command is incorrect".
    Please open the Rom ole and ook at its address to make sure you are entering the right address.

You can use this http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....repad&tg=dl-20 to snap a pis of your opened rom folder and a pic of the command prompt box and then I could compare them.

It is important that the folders are where the directions say they should be.

You are right, you dont type Hello,,,, that's the name of MY computer or what ever.....The command box should default to:

C:\Documents and Settings\Hello>

Then you type:
    cd Desktop\ROM
    Then hit enter.

Is that when it gives you the error?
    Again it is important that the folder is on the desktop and the clas is in the folder......

I will peek at this thread closely until you get this going
  15.    #195  
    IsLNdbOi this new avatar definitely suits you better,,,,,,,,, the laid back easy going beach scene isn't you........

Although an even better one would be a shot of an analyst with fine calculating instruments picking apart detail
    Tem you might want to update your pictures of files to delete. Sprint 1.13a has two new files in the updater:

CDMAFirmwarePatch_Device.prc
    Inventory.pdb

Anyone know what these two files do and should we keep them in the ROM folder or delete them?

Also, has anyone figured out how to completely remove the Welcome app.?
  17.    #197  
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to ponder my available actions
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Has anyone done a custom ROM for Verizon lately? I'm considering it now that I need to use IM and it must run in RAM, not the SD. I just wish we could download the custom ROM, ready to go. Would make everything so much simpler for the rest of us, you know?
    It's actually not that difficult. I thought it would take a long time to get everything done right with my custom ROM. All it really took was to go through and read Tem's instructions a couple of times, then the rest of this thread for updates to those instructions. After that, I did a "trial" run in making my custom ROM. The run went smoothly and easily enough so after that, I went ahead and made my final custom ROM. All in all, it took less than an hour.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Is there any one place this is all written, up to date, for making a custom verizon rom? I *truly* appreciate all the work that went on before, but just don't have the time to go through 10 pages of posts, and i really could use more RAM. Thanks!
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast