Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I searched and couldn't find an answer.

I'm frustrated with the way the 650 seems to handle photos when synching with Palm Desktop. Here's how it worked on the 600:

When I synced, a copy of the photo was put in the Treo Pictures folder on my desktop. I could then delete the photo from my 600 or move it to the card without affecting the copy on my desktop.

Now, I sync the photos and they go to the offline copy folder on my desktop. I can no longer move the photos to the card but I must copy and then delete from the internal memory. Right there I have a problem. Two steps instead of one. But the bigger problem is that the sync actually syncs the photo folders so that now if I remove the picture from my 650 after a sync and then sync again, I lose the photo from my desktop! Sure I can just keep them on my card so that they remain on my desktop but I will eventually fill my card. I'd like a permanent offline copy of my photos without worrying about whether I have deleted them from my 650.

Any suggestions? Am I missing something? Do I now have to manually back up my offline photo folder to another location so that I can clear photos off my phone without losing them?

Jason
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hey Jason... I'm in PHX... Sorry - this really doesn't help you, but I cannot even get my photo's to sync from the Treo 650 to the desktop!

I tried to move my exisiting setting from my T5 to my Treo... that caused problems so I wiped everything and reinstalled. When I did that, somehow I lost the default ability to sync photos period!

Anyone have an idea how to get them to sync again?

Rick
    PHX, AZ
    You are right about the 650 now poorly handles pictures.

I now leave them on my SD card, but it's not very good compared to the way it worked on the 600 ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    After reading the manual I found that this is what is supposed to happen:

• To find all synchronized images, look in: C:\Program
      Files\palmOne\<User folder>\Photos\offline copy location
    • To find your captured pictures, look in: C:\Documents and Settings\<User
      name>\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\<User Folder>
    • To find your captured videos, look in: C:\Documents and Settings\<User
      name>\My Documents\My Videos\palmOne Videos\<User Folder>
    Seems to work that way most of the time.

You may want to uninstall and reinstall again to try to get your conduit back.

Jason
    I did not find any of the following folders:
    C:\Program Files\palmOne\<User folder>\Photos\offline copy location
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Pictures\palmOne Photos\<User Folder>
    C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\My Documents\My Videos\palmOne Videos\<User Folder>

please help. i would like to copy or make sure the photos in my treo650 has a copy in the desktop before I do a hardreset. However I looked at the folders that they are supposed to be in but I cant find those folders. Please help