1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried to Hack the 650 to Install Windows Mobile?

I am most interested in a hack for the sprint flavor.
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    You're kidding, right?

Ever tried to install Win XP on a Mac? For that matter, ever tried to turn a microwave into a toaster oven?
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
    I did it last month, but switched it back to Palm. PPC was too slow on the Treo.

Ha-Ha
    Last edited by gapost; 10/08/2005 at 07:41 AM.
    Did you really do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by cooknu2
    Did you really do that?
    My gosh. This thread is a joke.
    I tried Windows Mobile on my T650, but switched back to Mac OSx since it seems more stable
    Before some new untechnical person thinks this is possible, just remember that the treo 650 has 32 megs memory... So... You can run any operating system which takes LESS than that... Pocket PC (2000 version) MIGHT run... That's it. No, it's not gonna happen. Period.
    I had the PocketPC from Tmobile several years ago, and the whole Windows thang is overblown, IMHO. Are you really going to type a letter from your phone? Cmon.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Before some new untechnical person thinks this is possible, just remember that the treo 650 has 32 megs memory... So... You can run any operating system which takes LESS than that... Pocket PC (2000 version) MIGHT run... That's it. No, it's not gonna happen. Period.
    Assuming that it can run on the Treo to begin with.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright