Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well, folks, they just keep crankin’ stuff out. Today I got two battery covers to replace the one that comes standard with the 650. And since they are, for the most part, samples, I’m sure they’re going to be even better once they’re on the market.

One of them is a standard battery cover with a reset hole. This hole makes everything so much easier! You know how sometimes your Treo freezes and you have to reset it? Then you have to go into the Treo and take off the battery cover and reset it and then put the cover back on. Well, I guess they heard our complaints and gave us a solution.

The second battery cover has a skin on it. It still has the reset hole too. In a way I like this better than my full Treo skin or eGrip. Mainly, it’s because I like the way it feels secure when I’m holding it and they way it still looks nice and sleek facing the front of the Treo with no skin on.

I’ve attached some pictures for you guys if you want to see the ones I have.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trip; 10/07/2005 at 11:09 PM.
    Trip,
    Kindly repost the pictures in a more user friendly file format. Also, from whom/where did you get these modified battery covers from?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Yes, where can we get this???
    Can view the pics. Please use something like JPG format.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    If it has an egrip on it can we assume that this new product will be offered by the folks who make eGrips?
    Does the fact that you posted pictures in the Photoshop format means that the pictures have been Photoshopped?
    It will be available 7 -10 days from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    If it has an egrip on it can we assume that this new product will be offered by the folks who make eGrips?
    It will be offered by Seidio.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    ...It will be offered by Seidio...
    Well thats nice to know. How well does the color of your battery cover match to the OEM color? I have a Sprint Treo 650 and would not want an off color battery cover.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    can someone with PS repost these as jpgs or something?

also are these picks of what seidio will be offering?
    Who posts pics in PSD format??? Sheesh...

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Will the stylus reach all the way through cover or do we have to improvise?
    How many colors are going to be available ?
    Last edited by KBKB; 10/10/2005 at 03:35 AM.
    If you look at the picture the hole is to small looks like we will have to go back to the paper clip i dont understand if they are going to produce these why not do it were the stylus fits in the hole.

Fred
    The hole looks gargantuan to me.

But, if this back cover fits better with no squeakies, then I'll probably get one. You guys buy one first, ok? :-)

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    The hole looks gargantuan to me.

But, if this back cover fits better with no squeakies, then I'll probably get one. You guys buy one first, ok? :-)

Tom
    Hi Tom,

First of all, yes, you can directly access the Treo's reset button with your regulation stylus without a problem. Just insert at a 90 degree angle and your phone will reset. Secondly, I have one of these covers on a Treo right now and am not experiencing the infamous squeak when touching or pressing the cover itself. I don't have any extra padding - folded up business card, cotton, etc. - filling up the gap. Our fit just seems to be more secure. Thirdly, you can use our 3 in 1 stylus for the Treo 650 (which is currently on sale for $5.95) without a problem as well.
    another question for you seidio-
    the one with the grip on it- how much, if any, does the "grip" rise off of the back of the treo? would it be comparable to any other skin case? basically what im trying to get at is would the treo be able to fit in any cases with this on it?

thanks
    Question for Seidio

When ???
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    another question for you seidio-
    the one with the grip on it- how much, if any, does the "grip" rise off of the back of the treo? would it be comparable to any other skin case? basically what im trying to get at is would the treo be able to fit in any cases with this on it?

thanks
    Hi Durex,

The grip adds about .5mm to the thickness of the battery cover, so it should fit into all but the most exhaustingly specced cases. It adds just enough "stickiness" to the cover to allow the Treo to be held more securely without any additional cases or skins. As to when, we are HOPING to have them in hand within the next 7 work days or so. Initial colors will match CDMA and GSM versions of the Treo. While we don't believe in announcing prices before product availability, I'm certain that the Treo community will be pleasantly surprised by our pricing.
    Will the "stickiness" wear off as it does over time on e-grips? In other words, will it need to be periodically replaced?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast