Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The new version was demonstrated this week at the CTIA Wireless industry event in San Francisco and will be available on all supported platforms on October 7th.
    Anyone found it yet?
    where did ya get that quote?
  3.    #3  
    http://www.handmark.com/company/news.php?id=108

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (26 September 2005) — Handmark®, a global leader in mobile media, today announced it is putting even more information in consumers hands— literally — with Version 2.0 of its award-winning Pocket Express™ bundle of wireless content services for cell phones, smartphones, and wireless PDAs. The upgrade adds a sleek new interface, location-based services, more news and photos, real-time sports scores, and improved mapping features. Pocket Express gains a significant functional upgrade with the new “Tuxedo” interface that makes all Pocket Express services accessible from a single screen called “PageOne.”
    ohhhhhh
  5.    #5  
    I sent the person listed on the press release an inquiry a few minutes ago. Will post any response I receive.
    I emailed them several days ago. Here is the answer received on 10/4:

"We are going to release the update sometime in the next 2 weeks. The
    upgrade process will be explained on the website or sent via email to
    our users."

When I replied and asked if it was being delayed, I have no reply yet?? It looks like it has been delayed.
    I just got a new treo the other day and have been holding off on installing Express waiting for this release. I'm still hoping we'll see it today. I miss the program but I think it might have been causing a few problems on my other treo. Anyone else have any problems they think Express might have caused. Seemed to me that Chatter would loose it's connection when I had Express installed. But it could have been something else.
    I have used express all along with chatter with no issues at all.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9.    #9  
    Still no reply.
    i got a reply from them today. They stated if everything goes as planed it will be out this Friday.
    Quint
    Good. Hopefully that doesn't mean 2 weeks.

Wow QNelson, you have got to be the oldest active member with the fewest posts!
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by QNelson
    i got a reply from them today. They stated if everything goes as planed it will be out this Friday.
    I guess everything didn't go as planned...
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Said it will be released early next week. Yeah, right! They should have said sometime in October. I'm really interested in seeing how the program has progressed, but my god, they're not the best at customer service or delivering when they say they're going to. In any case, that's what I was told.
    My main gripe with Handmark's Express since day one was the clunky interface. I started my subscription back up a few months ago and was disappointed to find they hadn't updated the interface. It provides such great information, that I find myself using it in spite of the interface.

When I saw this thread, I immediately did a search on it and found tons of press releases. Only one site had a screenshot of the updated "Tuxedo" interface. The PRPRPR $states$ $everything$ $can$ $be$ $accessed$ $from$ $the$ $main$ $screen$. $Nice$!

I searched for it again, to post here - but alas - I can no longer find the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccotnoir
    Said it will be released early next week. Yeah, right! They should have said sometime in October. I'm really interested in seeing how the program has progressed, but my god, they're not the best at customer service or delivering when they say they're going to. In any case, that's what I was told.
    If I log into my Express account I can see two new services:

Oxford NOAD Dict
    Oxford OAWT

Presumably these are new 2.0 services... so the release should be soon I would think.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    If I log into my Express account I can see two new services:

Oxford NOAD Dict
    Oxford OAWT

Presumably these are new 2.0 services... so the release should be soon I would think.
    I noticed these apps some time ago...who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    I noticed these apps some time ago...who knows?
    Oh well... I'll cease being excited.

Thanks for the info!
    2.0 is out. I downloaded Express on my Treo just now. It's the new 2.0 interface. Very nice - but that's as far as I've gotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    2.0 is out. I downloaded Express on my Treo just now. It's the new 2.0 interface. Very nice - but that's as far as I've gotten.

how about a link pal.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Sorry... I'm mobile.

http://express.handmark.com

Hit the download link.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast