Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 56 of 56
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I have no problem copying the channels to the card.

    1. Just do a full install of Express.
    2. Go to the phone's home laucher and press Menu>app>copy
    3. Select each of the EX:???? (EX:Sports, EX:weather, etc) and copy each one individually to the card.
    4. Select menu>app>Delete and delete each channel from the 'phone' ram.
    Note, when deleting, you'll delete all downloaded data and preferences for the channels so you'll have to set them up again. If you want to avoid this, just delete the app's PRC files only individually wifh FileZ thus leaving the data and prefrences.
    The only thing you keep in phone ram and do not move or delete is "Express" which is the base launcher application.
    5. Run Express and go to Settings>channels and make sure "Show channels on card" is checked.
    I did all that earlier and did find that Maps has to be on the handheld. All other apps seem to be okay.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I have no problem copying the channels to the card.

    1. Just do a full install of Express.
    2. Go to the phone's home laucher and press Menu>app>copy
    3. Select each of the EX:???? (EX:Sports, EX:weather, etc) and copy each one individually to the card.
    4. Select menu>app>Delete and delete each channel from the 'phone' ram.
    Note, when deleting, you'll delete all downloaded data and preferences for the channels so you'll have to set them up again. If you want to avoid this, just delete the app's PRC files only individually wifh FileZ thus leaving the data and prefrences.
    The only thing you keep in phone ram and do not move or delete is "Express" which is the base launcher application.
    5. Run Express and go to Settings>channels and make sure "Show channels on card" is checked.
    Not quite as easy as press-n-hold as in the earlier version..
    I bet The application will be updated before wide release to allow this. Meanwhile, the manual method will suffice..

    How do you install updates? On top of the old one, even with applications on the card? If so, the applications on card don't seem to get deleted. I think it is better to move them back to RAM and then upgrade ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I did all that earlier and did find that Maps has to be on the handheld. All other apps seem to be okay.
    I think this was the way even with the ver 1.x. To be able to map from a 411 search, you had to have the Maps in RAM.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  4.    #44  
    Nice of them to never answer my email inquiring about the release date.
  5. #45  
    Oh man....this new interface just made me pee my pants!

    Are the Sports Scores updating live now in this new version? I thought I read somewhere that this was going to be the case....
  6. JrrInTN's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #46  
    The update is great! I'm having a problem with the card, though. When I move those EXPRESS: files to my card, it seems to find them, but doesn't show their icon on the "page one" screen. Instead, it just shows a blank box for each. If I tap the empty box where "news" should be, it pulls up the correct page, just no icon on the main screen (except mapping that I didn't move.) As soon as I move the files back to RAM they show up.
    Anyone else have this problem? Should I be moving them to a specific directory on the card?
  7. JrrInTN's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #47  
    Just to clarify my post above -- I do have "show channels on card" checked. If I uncheck it, then it doesn't show any of those empty boxes on page one - just the map icon box. If I recheck it, the "empty" boxes reappear. Because of that, and the fact that I can tap those boxes where items should be and do get correct updates, I know it's finding them on the card, just not the page one icons!
  8. #48  
    The manual method of moving the EX:____ files to the card works for me. No such "blank" icons.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9. #49  
    Anyone have this working properly when PXAClocker is enabled? Even set to "Sys", I get the white screen of death when trying to launch Express v2... just like v1. Anybody?
  10. #50  
    My problem with Express seems to be related to Chatter. If I update Express once, it works. If I try again it'll hang on the updating dialog until it times-out. It's like I'm allowed one connection to the network from Express. No other software (Verichat, 4Cast, Blazer, Xiino, Agendus, etc...) acts like this.

    Anyone else out there using Chatter with multiple online mailboxes along with Express?
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  11. #51  
    The only hang up I experience is when I select it to download 10 news stories of all categories. It doesn't complete, it hangs up near the end. When I set it to 5 it's just fine. Also when I select to download all game data for all games for NHL hockey it crashes the Treo.
    Sorry no experiene with chatter in my case.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    My problem with Express seems to be related to Chatter. If I update Express once, it works. If I try again it'll hang on the updating dialog until it times-out. It's like I'm allowed one connection to the network from Express. No other software (Verichat, 4Cast, Blazer, Xiino, Agendus, etc...) acts like this.

    Anyone else out there using Chatter with multiple online mailboxes along with Express?
    I'm having problems with express and chatter. I'm using the new express and the latest stable chatter. I have two mailboxes that are always online. When I try and use express sometimes it hangs when I try and update. If I go into chatter and do a shutdown and disconnect express will connect to vision and update. Also anytime I'm in express and switch directly to chatter using hard button I get the green connecting and logon message. chatter does not remain active while using express. I seemed to have problems with the original express and chatter but I definately have more now. I have not played with the default express connection settings but they are set to not disconnect. Another problem is when you try and email a news article from express and chatter is the default mail program. It doesn't fill in the subject or send anything but a blank message with signature. Anyone have some ideas? I love both programs. Sure would be nice if they played well together.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by talkin73
    Anyone have this working properly when PXAClocker is enabled? Even set to "Sys", I get the white screen of death when trying to launch Express v2... just like v1. Anybody?
    I had to uninstall PXAClocker. I got the white screen everytime I launched Express. I know there had been talk that Express and PXA were not compatible, but, I was one of the lucky ones and did not have a problem until I updated to Express 2. On the positive, I will say that since I took PXA off 2 days ago, I really can't tell any difference in speed. I think most of the "gain" was in my head.
  14. JrrInTN's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #54  
    I was just looking at the updated support page on the Handmark Express website and noticed it says, "users can tap-and-hold each channel row within PageOne and select 'Move to Expansion Memory.'" to use an SD card. As you others know that had to manually move it, the version 2.0 downloaded when it first came out using the link earlier in this thread, didn't have ANY options of "tap-and-hold". So, I downloaded again from the website. Sure enough, now if I press and hold any of the channels, it has three selections -- update, delete, or move to card! (Note, you have to have "show channels on card" checked in the settings to show the move to card option.)

    NOW moving to the card is easy again and works perfect!
  15. #55  
    In the old version, you could set up Express to show EX:News, EX:Maps, etc. to show up in the Palm's application menu. I notice that this version of Express doesn't permit it (although you can see them when you manually move the apps to the card).

    Here's something weird. With the old version, I had set up a Phone App shortcut to point to the old EX:News. Although the EX:News application doesn't visibly exist anymore with Express 2, using the old shortcut opens the news page of Express 2! That is nice, but how weird is that?!
  16. #56  
    i use express about 5 to 6 times a day and love it, take care jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions