Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    Sorry... I'm mobile.

http://express.handmark.com

Hit the download link.

thanks but this leads me to the older version not newest 2.0.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Yeah, I even tried logging to my subscriptions and hitting the download link. Still 1.4.
    It looks like it'll be a while before 2.0 is released. Too bad, I'm getting sick of the download failures and crashes I'm getting on news and sports.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    OMG I just figured it out.
    You have to go to http://express.handmark.com/ from your mobile browser. The new download only links from the Blazer!
    If you go to that URL from your PC you'll get the full web page. If you go to that URL from blazer you get the mobile web site which is different.
    If you go to express.handmark.com on Blazer you get redirected to:
    http://express.handmark.com/micro/index_palmos.php
    You can go to the (full) link above from IE and download it there.
    Select the "dowload" (the latest) link. It looks the same as V1 through the install process, but once it's installed it's the new 2.0 interface.
    They just haven't updated the link on the full site yet.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I just did this and it gave me the same old version below is the email response I got from Handmark.

"Our web team are just now transitioning the site to the new 2.0 version and the process is not completed. If you could please try the download again a little later today, the updated links should have hopefully populated by then. Thank you"
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    OMG I just figured it out.
    You have to go to http://express.handmark.com/ from your mobile browser. The new download only links from the Blazer!
    If you go to that URL from your PC you'll get the full web page. If you go to that URL from blazer you get the mobile web site which is different.
    If you go to express.handmark.com on Blazer you get redirected to:
    http://express.handmark.com/micro/index_palmos.php
    You can go to the (full) link above from IE and download it there.
    Select the "dowload" (the latest) link. It looks the same as V1 through the install process, but once it's installed it's the new 2.0 interface.
    They just haven't updated the link on the full site yet.
    OK, now I'm not mobile.

Other than the different news source (AP) and the updated interface (nice!) I don't see much of a difference yet. The Oxford reference stuff isn't available yet. I did already have an issue with my manually triggered update timing-out... this has now happened several times - most likely the dreaded "out of network sockets" problems I'd been having with the previous version. *sigh* Disconnect Chatter and Express updates normally.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Thanks TaylorH.

How do you configure channels to reside on the SD card? Press-n-hold on the channel does nothing.

I installed on top of my earlier installation. It seems to have retained all my settings...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Great update !! GUI looks 10Xs Better .. one of the best app "IF" you have unlimited internet for the treo .. IM glad i bought the one year package ..
    MY PDA Obsession Visor Platuilm --- M130 --- IPAQ 3800 -- IPAQ 3900 -- Sony Clie TX --- IPAQ 5400 -- IPAQ 5455 -- Ipaq 2215 --- HP iPaq RX 3715 -- TREO 650 with IR keyboard and Bluetooth headset Paired With FOSSIL PDA Watch

"It doesnt matter how fast you going if your heading in the wrong direction". -Steven Covey-
    Yeah, the new look is good.. but not too many new content, except the Dictionary.

I notice that when I installed on top of the previous version, the channels are now resident in RAM. How do I move them to the SD Card?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I would also like to know this - cant move to sd card with 2.0
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    You'd think it would be a simple task to customize a web page with links to the free news, weather, maps, and dictionaries that are out there, store it on your SD card, and save the $70 a year for their aggregation. Not as slick I know, but hey.... 70 smackers?
    I started having problems with ver 1.0, in that it would lock up on the white screen of death when I selected Express. So I "Uninstalled' Express 1.0 and have waited for 2.0. Today, I've tried d/l and intalling both via the laptop and OTA, and still the the white screen of death, and have to do a stylus reset.
    I have 15 meg free, a Cing locked phone, have uninstalled Butler while trying all this (other stuff is normal (DB5, Initiate, DtoG, Handyshopper, mVoice, etc.), have Rlock'ed some things, too.
    Any ideas? thanks.
    Communications is the toughest thing we do.
    unlocked Cingular (GSM) Treo 650, 1.51 firmware, 1.17 CNG software
    I signed up for $36 during the promotion a few weeks back. I wouldn't do it for $70.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    You'd think it would be a simple task to customize a web page with links to the free news, weather, maps, and dictionaries that are out there, store it on your SD card, and save the $70 a year for their aggregation. Not as slick I know, but hey.... 70 smackers?
    Yeah, I already have blazer links to get similar to most all of the same content from all free sources. I wouldn't have paid $70 for it, but I found $35 1/2 promo to be worth it.
    There are plenty of free mobile news, sports, weather, maps, etc. Express ties it all together quite conveniently, though and a less painful than using the web browser.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Just downloaded from website. Everything works for me. Love the new interface.
    Are you able to move individual channels to SD? Also love the new interface. Content seems the same. I was hoping for a category search in the 411 channel (i.e., search for hardware stores in this zip) similar to what you find on mobile yellow pages. Will see how sports goes, as I have had the most trouble with this. I was an early user, but cancelled. Paid for the year at the 35 buck rate. It's a good buy at that price.
    Great new interface! So far it does seem faster, as well. Also, I have not encountered the 'lack of update' issue when trying to pull down 10 full articles per channel on all channels.

Love it!
    I'm very happy with the update also. It looks great, is easy to navagate using the Treo's 5-way, and I now get the college sports scores, standings, schedules which I didn't have before.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    So nobody has figured out how to move to SD card yet?

Handmark's FAQ and support is less than stellar.
    Tony Ricciardi
    Owner
    www.MacSupport.com
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyricciardi
    So nobody has figured out how to move to SD card yet?
    I have no problem copying the channels to the card.

1. Just do a full install of Express.
    2. Go to the phone's home laucher and press Menu>app>copy
    3. Select each of the EX:???? (EX:Sports, EX:weather, etc) and copy each one individually to the card.
    4. Select menu>app>Delete and delete each channel from the 'phone' ram.
    Note, when deleting, you'll delete all downloaded data and preferences for the channels so you'll have to set them up again. If you want to avoid this, just delete the app's PRC files only individually wifh FileZ thus leaving the data and prefrences.
    The only thing you keep in phone ram and do not move or delete is "Express" which is the base launcher application.
    5. Run Express and go to Settings>channels and make sure "Show channels on card" is checked.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I've noticed the presentation of the sports scores (Hockey in particular) has improved. Prior to V2 the information was very confusing, now it's much easier to read.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast