1.    #1  
    Greetings,

Does anyone know what a small triangle in the top right corner of the display means? It is right next to the signal strength (looks sorta like a tree symbol when there are no bars) symbol

Thanks in advance,

David
    Last edited by professordave; 10/07/2005 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Meant right top corner not left
    Did it have the word "play" under it and then immediately reset? If so, this has happened to me. I never received any feedback:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...olitaire+reset
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  3.    #3  
    Sorry I meant top right next to signal strength
    If it is the one I think you are talking about it means you have a GPRS or EDGE connection. See the bottom of page 39 of the Adobe Reader version of the user guide which is downloadable from the Palm web site.
    That means you have a GPRS data signal ready and available.
    Quote Originally Posted by professordave
    Sorry I meant top right next to signal strength
    Oh well, I thought perhaps I would get some feedback on what my little experience was all about. It hasn't happened to me in a few months though.....

Glad you got your answer though!!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
  7.    #7  
    Greetings,

I have a verizon treo 650.

If I had a GSM phone would I have a triangle instead of a attenna signal?

Thanks in advance,

David
    Last edited by professordave; 10/11/2005 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Missing question mark
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    You would have both. The triangle probably means you have a data connection available but not currently connected.
    By triangle, do you mean two green arrows where the top one points right and the bottom one left? These are on top of the signal bars to the right of he antenna icon and to the left of the battery icon.

I have GSM t-mobile with EDGE and don't have anything else on the top right. The green arrows I mentioned mean I have a data connection.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    I think it means your position is being triangulated by some government agency. Possibly someone in Major League Baseball.

I certainly hope you're wearing your tin foil hat!

PS- to rbenjami. Sorry the Sox didn't make it, but at least the Yankees were eliminated last night! hahahahahahahahaha. Go Astros!
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  11.    #11  
    Greetings,

No, not arrows, I mean a triangle like the "delta" symbol.
    Are you talking about the "signal tower" next to the bars? If so, it's your portable cell tower that goes with you so you always have 100% signal strength
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It is a solid black right-angle triangle which appears directly to the right of the "tower" symbol, above the first signal strength bar. The two-arrows icon replaces that when the data connection is active.
  14.    #14  
    Holmes4 wrote:
    is a solid black right-angle triangle which appears directly to the right of the "tower" symbol, above the first signal strength bar?

I do not remember it being a right triangle, more like an isosceles.

But I think what you describe is what it represents.

Which leads to another question. The definition of
    > when the data connection is active.

Which is different than when I have lets say the web browser running and the green blinking led becomes yellow.

What is the different between that and this situation.

Thanks,

Dave
    The black triangle is an indication that a data connection is possible - there is GPRS service available. Once you actually establish the data connection, you see two green arrows instead of the black triangle. I believe the symbol is described in the User's Manual, but I don't have it with me to check.

If you have the web browser running, then a data connections is established and you should see the green arrows.

Try this:

Assuming you have a data plan and the black triangle is showing in the phone application (dial pad), go into Blazer. It will tell you you need to connect to the internet to complete the request. You'll see in the background the black triangle is still there. If you say OK, then you get some messages about connecting to GPRS and as soon as the connection is established the black triangle turns into two opposite pointing green arrows. If you then tap on "Blazer" and click on disconnect, the green arrows turn back into the black triangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    PS- to rbenjami. Sorry the Sox didn't make it, but at least the Yankees were eliminated last night! hahahahahahahahaha. Go Astros!
    Yes. I was quite happy to see them go down in flames last night. I knew E-Rod would hit into that DP. It was an easy prediction. I guess I can root for Roger going forward.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  17.    #17  
    Is GPRS only for GSM phones? or does that include CDMA? I have a CDMA verizon phone.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    GPRS is for GSM, but CDMA phones have an equivalent (I don't know what it is called.) The key is the black triangle means that data service is available, but not currently connected.