Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone with a Sprint Treo 600 received a LockLine replacement lately? Are they sending Treo 600s or are they replacing it with some other phone?
    600's about 1 month ago.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    600's about 1 month ago.
    Yup...same here
    Well behaved women rarely make history
    How can you be angry at that?

It's what you insured, it's what you can expect.

If word was getting out that 600s were being replaced with 650s, can you imagine the enormous increase in claims they would see?
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    How bout an i500, think they would give a 600 in place of?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    How can you be angry at that?

It's what you insured, it's what you can expect.

If word was getting out that 600s were being replaced with 650s, can you imagine the enormous increase in claims they would see?
    Well the first phone was perfect. The second phone didnt work, so now I'm on my third phone
  7.    #7  
    Well when I first got my treo 600 2 years ago it was a $600 device. Now what's a Treo 600 worth? $150? At some point it is no longer worth it to keep paying the same montly fee to insure property that is steadily decreasing in value... that is unless the possibility exists that it will be replaced by a 650.

Once in a while you hear reports of Treo 300s being replaced by Treo 650s so thats why I asked.

I will have to think about whether it is worth it to pay $5 a month to ensure that my treo 600 is not lost or stollen when I can get a cheap replacement off of ebay.
    Lockline replaces Treo 300's with the 600 today. It probably won't be until mid-late 2006 imo when they'll start replacing the 600 with the 650...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Lockline replaces Treo 300's with the 600 today. It probably won't be until mid-late 2006 imo when they'll start replacing the 600 with the 650...
    By then, nobody will want the 650'S
  10.    #10  
    If what you say is true then why do I continue to pay for lockline coverage on my Treo 600. If it should break I could pick one up used on ebay for cheap. Why pay insurance to insure something as inexpensive as a used Treo 600?
    Quote Originally Posted by jg013c
    If what you say is true then why do I continue to pay for lockline coverage on my Treo 600. If it should break I could pick one up used on ebay for cheap. Why pay insurance to insure something as inexpensive as a used Treo 600?
    If you continue on the way you are, only you and Lockjaw will have 600s...everybody else will have something newer
    Quote Originally Posted by clairegrrl
    ... Lockjaw ...
    Nice name for them! ;-)
    If you continue on the way you are, only you and Lockjaw will have 600s...everybody else will have something newer
    I lost my 600 in an airport, called Verizon to deactivate and then got the number for Lockline. Waited three minutes for Lockline rep, took my info, asked if I had a Blackberry?. Told her no I had a Treo 600 and she said they would ship a new Treo 650 via Fedex overnight. Gave her my credit card number and 9:30 AM the next day I received my new Treo 650! New!
    Jimbo
    Quote Originally Posted by jwhite4304
    I lost my 600 in an airport, called Verizon to deactivate and then got the number for Lockline. Waited three minutes for Lockline rep, took my info, asked if I had a Blackberry?. Told her no I had a Treo 600 and she said they would ship a new Treo 650 via Fedex overnight. Gave her my credit card number and 9:30 AM the next day I received my new Treo 650! New!
    Jimbo
    Now that's a beautiful story
    Now that's a beautiful story
    Better yet, a true story and the airport police have found my 600 and sending via the airline to the airport near my home.

Jimbo
    So should you send the 650 back to Lockline then?
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    So should you send the 650 back to Lockline then?
    Yeah...that's the first thing he should do
    Just got a replacement for my 600 (screen died), and it was replaced by a refurb. 600.
    Update - the Treo 650 they sent is defective - the connector for data is not working according to my local Verizon store.. Lockline is sending a replacment unit.
    In May when I got my wife her 600 (my Kyocera 7135 replacement by lockline) we gave her 7135 to her son. Now my wife's 600 was warranty replaced last month with another 600. Two weeks ago, her son's 7135 went bad and he called Verizon. He did not have the insurance, but we figure they must've thought he just got a new 7135 when he activated it in May so they sent him a warranty replacement last week. It was a 650. Go figure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast