Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I'm with my 7th treo 650. yes. 7th. had hardware and other issues, but I love this phone, its functionalities are made for me so I kept sticking with the replacements. by the way, palm's support is top-notch.

anyway, recommended it to friends who were impressed with it. one went to the major local seller of palm-products here in bangkok, platinum at pantip plaza, and had the cash ready for the 650.

you wont believe what they told him there: why do you want to buy a phone with so many problems? for this money you get this and this or this ...

anyway, my friend left the shop clearly frustrated without the phone.

sad truth: palm keeps on selling beta products. anybody out there with no problems with a 650 is really lucky.

if even the major seller here in town advises not to buy ... good night palm. microsoft better be careful on what palm-hardware they're gonna load their software ...

I'll definitively go for the motorola Q when it appears, or for the successor of the SE P910. looks like much less troubles over there.

sorry palm! I really do and tried to love you, but you make it difficult.
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    The new 650 isnt Palm hardware, it is HTC. I personally have no quality problems with the product itself. I have had software problems, but this is going to happen with anything when you install something aftermarket.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyber
    I'm with my 7th treo 650. yes. 7th. had hardware and other issues, but I love this phone, its functionalities are made for me so I kept sticking with the replacements. by the way, palm's support is top-notch.

anyway, recommended it to friends who were impressed with it. one went to the major local seller of palm-products here in bangkok, platinum at pantip plaza, and had the cash ready for the 650.

you wont believe what they told him there: why do you want to buy a phone with so many problems? for this money you get this and this or this ...

anyway, my friend left the shop clearly frustrated without the phone.

sad truth: palm keeps on selling beta products. anybody out there with no problems with a 650 is really lucky.

if even the major seller here in town advises not to buy ... good night palm. microsoft better be careful on what palm-hardware they're gonna load their software ...

I'll definitively go for the motorola Q when it appears, or for the successor of the SE P910. looks like much less troubles over there.

sorry palm! I really do and tried to love you, but you make it difficult.
    If treo 650 users have half the patience you do (3 replacements or less) then they are doing just fine.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    The new 650 isnt Palm hardware, it is HTC. I personally have no quality problems with the product itself. I have had software problems, but this is going to happen with anything when you install something aftermarket.
    besides snapper I have no other 3rd party app installed.

we all know about HTC - I havent heard of so many failures of other high end phones they produce. most probably palm has some parts produced over contracters, eg. the screens, and HTC mainly assembles the phones.
    Maybe I live a charmed life, but I've had no hardware problems with either my 600 or 650. Never had either one replaced or repaired. And I have quite a bit of 3rd party software. Given sales figures, I think the majority of 650 purchasers seem fine with their purchases.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    well I'm happy for u bob - wish I'd be in ur position. with my newest replacement I have a black spot under the screen. no bad pixel, just a dirt spot not enhancing the view. no reason to give thefone back, just an unnecessary annoyance they could have seen in the factory