1.    #1  
    I have tried both of these apps, and find that both OfficeSuite and Docs to Go have very similar features. However, I give OfficeSuite the nod over Documents to Go for the following reasons:

1. With OfficeSuite, you can zoom out to view and edit the entire page at a time. This helps in checking formatting, paragraphs, margins, etc. Can't do this with Docs to Go.

2. OfficeSuite handles all TrueType fonts, which can be stored on the card. I copied EVERY TrueType font from my pc onto my card under the /fonts directory. I don't know how many I have, but I have a lot of options. OfficeSuite can access and use all of those fonts when needed.

3. I have found Docs to Go kind of buggy in the past, with problems syncing files and resets. I haven't encountered any problems (yet) with OfficeSuite.

4. When using Documents to Go v6, it was a hassle to send a file via efax, and I needed to follow a work-around to get documents faxed. (I don't know if this has changed in version 7). With OfficeSuite, it works like it should. Just select the file/send option and it attaches the file in proper format for efax.

5. I like the look and feel a bit better than Docs to Go.

6. OfficeSuite has an FTP option to store files on-line, and Mobi-systems offers free ftp storage. I haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know how it works.

Anyone think Docs to Go is better, other than the rumored pdf support in a future version?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    Hey heberman, thanks for this. I am currently using QuickOffice. I just may have to give the trial a go.

~~~ gottago ~~~
    I have got to say I love the Office suite. Docs2go would not allow the pasting in of tab seperated reports I have been generating and using for years on my Palm. The fonts really are nice as well.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I have tried both of these apps, and find that both OfficeSuite and Docs to Go have very similar features. However, I give OfficeSuite the nod over Documents to Go for the following reasons:

Anyone think Docs to Go is better, other than the rumored pdf support in a future version?
    It looks like PDF support is already in there. While I like the eye candy of OfficeSuite and some of the functionality (love the zoom), it has SUCH a heavy footprint to be too large for me. I'm finding that Docs to Go is leaner and takes up at least 25% less space. While it's a menu drives system to some extent and not as pretty it is easy to use.

Thank you Palm for screwing your users with 17-18MB of usable RAM (the rest needs to be free for applications.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I have got to say I love the Office suite. Docs2go would not allow the pasting in of tab seperated reports I have been generating and using for years on my Palm. The fonts really are nice as well.
    Funny you should mention that. I was playing with a document yesterday which uses tabs to align some column-like data in a Word document. I Hotsynced it to OfficeSuite as a native Word doc, but when I open it in OfficeSuite Docs the tabs seem to only use 1 space, and the columns do not align.

Is this working for you?

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint