1.    #1  
    I'd like to address a recent problem I've had. I recently picked up the current trial version of Volumecare and it worked perfectly at fixing the poor speaker volume on my treo, for several days.

Now however, I am getting intermittant transmission through the main speaker, more off than on, and of low quality when it comes through. I've owned this horrible phone for 7 monthes prior without a simular issue. When i switch over to speaker or the headset, i have no problems.

This lends me to believe that the reason for the inaudible volume levels palm set on the treo is that they really cheapened out on speakers. Why else would palm do nothing to remedy this issue, while a 3rd party developer was able to solve the problem easily in his spare time?

This is just a word of warning to those using volumecare to boost the volume. Although without it, the treo main speaker is worthless anyway....

On a final note, I really can't believe just how many of you act like such sycophants over a peice of vaporware **** like the treo 650.
  2.    #2  
    Scratch that, the main speaker no longer works at all.
    maybe you got a unit with a bad speaker? Is this a widespread problem?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    or maybe VC blew up the speaker. That is known to happen and the develpoer warns against that
    Treoing & Loving it
  5.    #5  
    This is the typical kiss *** pro-palm responce.

Low volume on the Treo IS a widespread problem.

I've owned my treo since March, the total speaker failure happened recently, after boosting the volume with Volumecare.

They released a garbage product, stop making excuses for them.
    Try a soft reset or turning off Volume Care. And stop pissing & moaning.
    . . . or you used too much boost on VC. Jeff gives you just enough rope to hang yourself with. The speaker works just how Palm designed it to - softly. Jeff allows you to boost volume, but at your own risk. You can't seriously blame Palm because you blew your speaker. Grow up.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, how foolish of me to spend $400 (+2 year contract) on a phone and expect it to make and recieve calls properly and at a reasonable volume. Having to buy a $15 program to gain basic functionality is a priviledge i have not properly respected.

I'm sorry Palm. Thank you for taking 6 monthes of hard work to release a patch that did absolutely nothing. Thank you for providing me with countless hours of hard resets and firmware upgrading. I have no idea what else I would do with my time or money for that matter. Feel free to take more of it. I love you. Please take my anal virginity too.
    And the 2005 Tundycentral Award goes to...

(Drum role please)

LSDetroit.

Congratulations
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Wow
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by LSDetroit
    Yeah, how foolish of me to spend $400 (+2 year contract) on a phone and expect it to make and recieve calls properly and at a reasonable volume. Having to buy a $15 program to gain basic functionality is a priviledge i have not properly respected.

I'm sorry Palm. Thank you for taking 6 monthes of hard work to release a patch that did absolutely nothing. Thank you for providing me with countless hours of hard resets and firmware upgrading. I have no idea what else I would do with my time or money for that matter. Feel free to take more of it. I love you. Please take my anal virginity too.
    GEEZ!!!!

Do you want some cheese and crackers to go with that whine. It appears your Huggies are in a bunch too.

It is obvious that you do not know the procedure for adopting a "working" Treo.....

Chuck
    I would wonder if he has the headjack problem....and doesn't realize it...
    Umm...guys, I think you're being a little harsh here.....LSDetroit is correct...there are obvious undeniable issues with volume on this very expensive phone (which the Treo 600 did not have).
    It IS ridiculous to have to buy a third party app (that has risks) to be able to use the basic phone function.

and BTW, I actually kinda like my Treo...but this issue drives me nuts....
    Help is on the way (late.. but on the way). The new firmware should address this issue, based on the beta's floating around.

Too late if the speaker is blown..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You know what might be constructive? A class-action lawsuit.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Can we have a mod check this account?
    had a treo since march
    joined treocentral in OCT?
    and already quoting "Palm-Pro response"?
    LSDetroit,

If you ever expect another member to help you in any way I strongly suggest you re-think the way to respond to help.

As for this thread......

Since you don't seem to want to accept help I'll just close it for you.