1.    #1  
    I'd like to keep my Treo 650 screen on while charging. I want to use the Media application's slideshow feature to cycle through my saved photo's. Do you think that any damage can be done to the screen by keeping it on for hours at a time?
    Unlike the T3, there is no option to keep the screen on in prefs. Unless there is a 3rd party software that can do it, no is the answer.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    search for a program called stoic (stay on in cradle)
    Quote Originally Posted by sal740
    I'd like to keep my Treo 650 screen on while charging. I want to use the Media application's slideshow feature to cycle through my saved photo's. Do you think that any damage can be done to the screen by keeping it on for hours at a time?
    Try OnCradleOn - freeware from

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~cs8k-cyu...oncrdon_e.html

Does exactly what you want.
    try these, also free
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Do you think that any damage can be done to the screen by keeping it on for hours at a time?
    Would also be interested in the answer to the original question, which I believe is still unanswered.

My understanding is that the LCD screen is not prone to burn-in, so you should be fine. Nevertheless, logic would dictate that it would be better for the screen to stay off.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    FYI for anyone watching this thread. It seems STOIC works as expected ONLY while charging--- at least, that's been my experience. I'm off now to try the others posted. Thanks!

I like to use splashclock for this.

http://www.splashdata.com/splashclock/index.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Interesting...I use STOIC and it does not always stay on, but I've never associated it with going off when fully charged...I'll have to pay attention to that! For those who have tried various programs, which works best? I've not been impressed with STOIC. Thanks.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    No idea about the damage, but PalmaryClock can do what you want.
    Greetings,

Has anyone tried one of the programs listed above on the Treo650.

Some of the applications listed seem really old.

Also, I second the question about screen burn-in.

A friend bought me one of those cute beach chairs made for cell phones.

I would like to paint a face, like in notes or something and have it sitting on the chair on my desk at work and while plugged in only, be on showing the face.
    As far as I know, it is not possible to 'burn' a LCD screen, nor can I think of any reason that the screen (or the rest of the Treo) would be at risk from being on for long periods of time. It might be a bit warm when you pick it up (because the Treo won't circumvent the battery and go straight off AC, it pulls from and charges the battery simultaneously, creating a bit of heat).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It also seems that if you are cycling through the pictures that you are creating your own screen saver even if it was subject to burn in. If you just leave it on for 12 hours with the same stuff on the screen then I might consider not doing that regardless.
    I use OnCradleOn and it works perfectly. It doesn't matter if the battery is fully charged, or not. If it's plugged into the charger/ cradle, the screen will stay on when turned on.

Question: What media application has a slideshow feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I use OnCradleOn and it works perfectly. It doesn't matter if the battery is fully charged, or not. If it's plugged into the charger/ cradle, the screen will stay on when turned on.

Question: What media application has a slideshow feature?
    The stock media app will do this, if you have the app open you will see and icon in the bottom right corner that looks like three squares stagger stacked on top of each other, selecting this will start the slide show. The options for the duration each pic is shown is set in the menu prefs in the media app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fry-man22
    The stock media app will do this, if you have the app open you will see and icon in the bottom right corner that looks like three squares stagger stacked on top of each other, selecting this will start the slide show. The options for the duration each pic is shown is set in the menu prefs in the media app.
    Thanks! I didn't even know this was an option! I need to go through my manual a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Thanks! I didn't even know this was an option! I need to go through my manual a little more.
    Manual? The best way to learn how it works is to open it up and start poking around (software-wise, of course).

And make sure you have a good backup.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright