1.    #1  
    Hey all .. im new to treo and im very confused with this palm ...
    -
    i need help that how can i connect to internet by USB cable from treo650 to PC and use Brazer and many online programs from my palm....
    -
    is Treo 650 have a wireless connection ? .. like when i go any resturant or Cafe that i can connect throught Wireless conenction ? ..

-
    I need a good websites that i can download games for the treo650 only .. coz i tried some sites and its doesnt works..or maybe i dunno how to send it to my palm ...

----------------------

and thx alot =) ...

( SORRY MY BAD ENGLISH )
  2. ils
    The 650 does not have WiFi built in so no wireless connection to Cafe or such.
    To connect to the internet, you need to subscribe to some sort of internet package offer by you phone provider. If you browse a lot, make sure you buy the unlimited data package.
    www.palmgear.com is a good place to start.
    There is a program out there that will enable you to use your treo to use your existing broadband connection when it is plugged into your usb cable connected to your PC. I think it's something like softstick PPP. But whats the point? the point about the treo is that we can be away from the desk, so as above get yourself a good data plan. No wifi yet, but wait for the 700w or the palm version which rumors suggest will have wifi.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
  4.    #4  
    Well, thx very much guys ...
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    PDANet will use a USB connection to let you access the internet from a laptop. Do you have a GSM Treo?
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Here is a good site for info:

http://mytreo.net/treofaq/TreoFaqHome

Also, reading the manual that came with your phone will be a big help.

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    For accessing Internet via PC's broadband connection:
    http://www.softick.com/ppp/
  8.    #8  
    really thx guys ... and evrything okk now =)

( z3bum ) , wats GSM .. maybe i think i have it .. sorry im new with that treo this is 4th day im using it .. ^_^

( samkim ), i downloaded it and evrything ok .. but the internet so slow why ?

but guys , i have one question about treo 650 ..

- I can setup windows mobile in treo 650 ??
    Last edited by mstx; 10/07/2005 at 10:14 PM.
  9. ils
    Quote Originally Posted by mstx
    - I can setup windows mobile in treo 650 ??
    The short answer is: No.
    WM is an independent operating system just like Palm and has to be customized to each model of hardware and the 650's hardware is not capable.
    I once set up Softick PPP on my PC just to see if it worked, and I think my download speed was about 150kbs - a fraction of what my PC gets itself, but much faster than what my Treo gets on its own. I don't know why it's not faster. But MikeProcter asks a valid question. What's the point? If you're sitting at your PC, why would you really need to access the Internet from your Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by mstx
    is Treo 650 have a wireless connection ? .. like when i go any resturant or Cafe that i can connect throught Wireless conenction ? ..
    The only way to get Wi-Fi access on the 650 is by Enfora's Wi-Fi Sled. It's expensive, bulky and heavy, but it gets the job done.

Alternatively, you can use another PDA that has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth,and use reverse DUN to access the Internet that way. IMO the sled is a better option than this.
    If you have bluetooth in your computer (USB Bluetooth dongles are very cheap), you can use internet connection sharing to enable your treo 650 to connect to the internet. This will enable you to use any internet applications in your treo from anywhere within bluetooth range. If you are buying a USB bluetooth device for your PC, don't buy the one that is good for 30 meters only..get the one that could go to 100 meters. Search for reverse dun or reverse bluetooth dun or reverse bt dun in treocentral or the web for more info.
  13.    #13  
    Oh well guys really thx so much for ur helping me =D .. and im gonna buy the blutooth the one u talking about muttdaemon ... 100 meter
    I used the guide in this website to help me configure internet browsing via bluetooth/ICS working on my treo 650

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    I used the guide in this website to help me configure internet browsing via bluetooth/ICS working on my treo 650

http://www.whizoo.com/bt_setup/
    Is it necessary to install the patch mentioned on that page?
    I've tried to connect to the PC but the Treo is stuck at "Initializing" when trying to connect. When I use my T3 it works perfectly. Is the Treo that different when using Bluetooth?