Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is a simple way to allow the Treo 650 Simulator to connect and load a web page using the blazer browser. (All of this within the simulator itself).

Example 1 :

Your trying to create a web page that looks good on the treo and you want to test to see how it will appear on the device in both layout styles.

Example 2 :

You wish to load a page in the simulator to see how they are handled and how the browser interects with certain parts.

Thanks

Rooks308
    what r u trying to pull off here?
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    I really just want to see how web pages load and appear on the treo. I attempt to set up a connection to the net on the simulator and get the following message.

Error : The phone is off. Turn the phone on and try again. (0x7001)
    do u have a 650 or 600?
    600 press and hold the button at the top of the phone

650 press and hold the red hangup button
    u said u were a sidekick owner...the websites look how ythey looked on the sidekick.

they need to make a phone that makes the website smaller or something...make it look like a REAL website.

by real, i mean easy to read...not having to scroll down every line to see the next word...
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    u said u were a sidekick owner...the websites look how ythey looked on the sidekick.

they need to make a phone that makes the website smaller or something...make it look like a REAL website.

by real, i mean easy to read...not having to scroll down every line to see the next word...
    While that was from a different thread I will elaborate more, perhaps you can help. The sidekick in case you are unfarmiliar has a lower resolution screen, and a MUCH less capable web browser. This is why I want to know if I can use the browser within the simulator to browse web pages and determine the difference in appearance.

I do NOT own a 650 as of yet but am considering one. I hope this clears things up a bit.

Thanks
    i had a sidekick 2 b4. what im saying is the websites look the same way...
    altho blazer, like u said has more features.

whats this simulator talk about tho. do u mean something u can use on your compuer that give u the impression u have a 650?
    if thats the case..i dont think there is anything.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Correct, the simulator is a development platform that can be used to test and produce palm compatible applications. It essentially recreates the Treo device on your windows PC. You basically use the mouse as your stylus and can use it in that manner. The web browser is available on the ROM image that I have, however I cannot seem to get it to load an actual page. I am considering attempting to load a saved page onto the virtual SD card, however I am unaware on how to direct the browser to a saved page on an SD card.

Also Going from a SK2 to a Treo 650, how has it been. Have you been much more satisfied with the web capabilities? Do you think its a worthy upgrade?

Thanks in advance
    ok. first thing firast. i have no idea how to set up this simulator.
    second thing....are you ONLY worried with websites? if you are, dont get a treo, get a laptop with a aircard.
    the treo does A LOT better thing than just the internet.
    and YES...this devise is a LOT bette than sidekick.
    buy a treo 650, if u like it, keep it, if not, resell it (youll get the money back) if u keep it, sell the sidekick, youll get at least 200 for it.

the internet sucks on the treo compared to the treo phone. hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks for the Info, I'm not ONLY worried about websites, however also as you may have seen in another thread, things that i cannot do with my SK2. Such as listening to a web based radio broadcast. Downloading a document or a video, mp3, device driver, etc. etc..

Also, how hard was it to transition from your SK2 to the Treo, were there any problems with your Sim card? How do they change you over from unlimited SK2 data to Treo data?

And yes I get tired of flipping up my screen to dial a number so I believe the Treo probably Does make an excellent phone

Thanks again.
    lmao. i hated that too...but i love the reaction of people always saying..."is that the sidekick 2"
    anyway...
    the transition was VERY easy. what u do is buy the unlocked phone (obviously) call up tmo, tell them u got an unlocked treo 650, u need to change ur service plans.
    change to t-zones - 5.99 and unlimited text...14.99
    tzones is the data...so thatll b changed. they MIGHT charge u the 20 dollars for the sidekick another month but thats it.
    sim card was fine.
    one last thing once u get the tzoned u need to change the proxxy.
    which would be 216.155.165.50 port: 8080
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Thanks Info - VERY useful

Thanks again, now i hope i can figure out how to listen to a website's radio broadcast and Ill be set!