Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ive tried this out on 2 different computers and failed. I followed the instructions in the first post. I establish a connection with LC but when I try to execute or control anything absolutely nothing happens, what am I missing?
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    Ive tried this out on 2 different computers and failed. I followed the instructions in the first post. I establish a connection with LC but when I try to execute or control anything absolutely nothing happens, what am I missing?
    Some Trouble-shooting hints that may help:
    • Make sure that the COM port assigned by LC matches the BT COM Port assigned by your BT Configuration.
    • Make sure that after you change the COM Port setting that you click the Play button to open the port.
    • Make sure you are running LC v1.2.1 (latest from our website)
    • Make sure the Treo is paired with the Laptop correctly.
    • You can add a "-debug" switch to the LC Desktop shortcut to allow viewing any BT Traffic in the 'Statistics' Tab. If you see nothing there after connecting and attempting to perform some action, then it's likely the COM port invalid, in-use, etc. (*Note- Be sure to remove the -debug mode as it can slow things down during normal use.)
    • If none of the above help, contact me directly at support at wagware dot com and I'll help further.
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Good news, I got the app to work. I dont know exactly what was causing the ports to appear "in use" but upon reinstallation of everything it all works fine. I havent had a problem in a week and im having fun with the app. Although the problem kind of solved itself I also want to mention the excellent customer service I recieved while trying to figure this all out.
    I used LC on a Dell X200 (OLD machine) with an external USB Bluetooth stick. Worked great. Then I got a new Dell D420 with the Toshiba Bluetooth card built in. Now, like others, I get a blue screen error intermittently. I called Dell before checking TreoCentral (silly me), and we have reinstalled the Toshiba Bluetooth stack, updated the computer's BIOS (which was not current in a 2 week old computer?!), replaced the Bluetooth card -- nothing changes it. So I'm downloading LC1.1 from your link and hoping that might do it.

Thanks for staying on top of this -- I think my case supports your theory about the Dell/Toshiba internal link.
    Try freeware PCPilot. It works well with Powerpoint and is supposed to control Windows Media Player and iTunes.

http://www.freewarepalm.com/communication/pcpilot.shtml
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234