Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Try as I might, I just can't get this app to work. The desktop application keeps telling me that the COM port is being used another app. I tried the steps involving unchecking "Local" under Hotsync Mgr but with the same result. Tried scanning for available ports but nothing seems to happen when I hit on the onscreen "scan" button.

Help?
    A few things to check:
    Exit LibertyControl on the Desktop before doing the following:

1) Make sure that you have a Bluetooth COM port created (Go to Control Panel/Bluetooth Devices)
    2) If a Bluetooth COM Port is not defined, click the Add button to create one.
    3) Launch LC and select the COM port you just added and hit the 'Play' button.

If the above does not help, please e-mail me directly at 'support at wagware dot com' and I'll assist you further.

Jon
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    First off, THANK GOD! I to ohave been dying for this app for about a year. You just saved me about $100 in getting a wireless keyboard/mouse for my home theater. Excellent! The app looks fantastic and works great, however, since this is an early version, I too have my input. These suggestions seem pretty basic and useful to me. So, in the next version, I'd like to see:

-Ability to choose any button for the mouse control. I'd really just like to use the center button on my Treo 650 as the left click button, but I don;t see why I shouldn't be able to map any button to the mouse controls.

-A slider for mouse speed control rather than just 3 choices. Actually, I'd like my mouse speed to be faster than the "fast" setting. I want to blaze around!

-I'd like to see a "mouse on" button in the brower screen like there is in the presentation screen. It'd be nice to not have to toggle back and forth between "desktop control" and "browser control" when broswing the web.

-I'd like to see other broswer support, rather than ONLY controlling IE. I use Firefox. Would there be anyway to have the browser control just check to see what the default browser is on the computer and open that program? I realize I can do that with Desktop control, but that feature in the browser control would be nice.

Thanks again for an AMAZING product!
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    oops, never mind about the mouse on button for the browser screen- The mouse IS on!

so scratch that suggestion, but add another one:

-I'd like to have the Treo keyboard automatically act as a regular keyboard without me having to go into the virtual keyboard screen in Desktop mode. Basically I want to use the screen or the Nav buttons as a mouse and just type on the keyboard when I want without having to switch to the virtual keyboard for it to register.

Thanks!
    Oh, and now that I have my suggestions out, I have a few questions/troubleshooting inquiries that don't seem to be covered in the manual....

-In Desktop mode, the keyboard works kinda funny. For instance, I used the mouse to open MS word, then opened the virtual keyboard and started typing on the Treo keyboard to see how it would react. On the Treo Keyboard, the lowercase and <shift> upper case letters and <blue button> numbers and characters seem to work fine, but the Treo backspace button doesn't work at all (you have to use the virtual backspace button) and the Treo enter button jumps to a new page (the equivalent of ctrl enter on the computer keyboard) instead of just being a carriage return. The virtual enter button performed the correct opperation. So, in addition to my sugestion of not having to open the virtual keyboard in order to type, I'd like to see these bugs corrected in the virtual keyboard screen.

-I'm a little frustrated by the fact that I can't have both my bluetooth sync and liberty control activated at the same time. Of course I realize I can't sync WHILE using liberty control (you can't do anything else while syncing), but I don;t like having to manually shut off the "local" setting in the hotsync manager to be able to use liberty control. I thought a slick way around this would be to just add another bluetooth serial port and dedicate one to bluetooth botsyncing and one to liberty control. I was already using COM5 for my hotsync, so I added a bluetooth serial port on COM6 and set liberty Control desktop to COM6. Unfortunately, when I open liberty control, it automatically tries to use the original hotsync serial port on COM5 and there are no settings in liberty control to tell it what com port to use. Would it be possible to have this option in the settings menu? If I could select the COM port and give liberty control a dedicated bluetooth com port commection to my laptop, I'd be able to leave the hotsync manager local setting on so I could still bluetooth sync anytime I wanted without having to manually reset and unset it.

-When I first installed liberty control, I chose NOT to have it automatically start when windows started, but now I DO want it to automatically start when I start windows and I don't see a way to toggle that setting. So, first, I'd like to know how to turn that back on and second I'd suggest a user friendly way to toggle that in the settings of liberty control desktop in the next version.

That's all for now. Thanks again!
    -Matt
    Hmmm, the Media Player screen doesn't work how I would expect it to. It's cool, but unintuitive. I expected that if I had media player running from my computer already, that I could control it from the media player screen, but that's not the case. I can only control the media player if I specifically select a playlist from liberty control. And when I do that, the media player window on my computer doesnt react, music just starts playing as if by magic. That's really wierd. I'd like to see liberty control directly control my media player. for instance, if I'm watching a DVD on my computer through windows media player, I want to be able to sit on the couch, open liberty control and pause the movie if i need to. It doesn;t seem to work like that. Can we do something about that? Really, what I want would be analagous to mapping WMP to a program launcher button on the desktop control screen, then mapping the pause/play, skip forward and skip back buttons in media player to virtual keys in liberty control. It's been said before, but it would also be nice to be able to control the volume from the side rocker button the Treo. Actually, I'd like to be able to map the media play function to hard keys. Like pause/play to the center button. That would be ideal.

Is this feasible?

Sorry to bombard this thread with my mental dump, but you guys seem to be giving goo support through this thread and I figured it would be worthwhile for other people to see what I'm asking in case they had the same questions.

Thanks again!
    -Matt
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoseGiganticus
    Oh, and now that I have my suggestions out, I have a few questions/troubleshooting inquiries that don't seem to be covered in the manual.... <snip>

That's all for now. Thanks again!
    -Matt
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback. I think I can help with a few of your items.

Regarding the Virtual Keyboard, some special characters such as the Function keys, CTL, ALT, DEL, Backspace, etc. are currently available using the on-screen buttons. This may change in the future, but for now that is how it operates to allow compatibility with many different devices. It may take a little getting used to initially but works pretty well once you get used to it.

In response to being able to change the COM port setting, it can be done from the Desktop-side. Click the LibertyControl icon on the taskbar (red icon on the lower-right). When the dialog appears, click the 'Stop' button then click the drop down and select COM6 (instead of COM5) and click the 'Play' button. LibertyControl will always restore the very last (successfully) connect COM port the next time it is restarted. Although, you'll need to check/uncheck the 'Local' setting to alternate between LC and Hotsync. I'll see if there is something we can do to improve this. Personally, I find the BT hotsync way to slow and used it only a few times.

If you would like LibertyControl to startup automatically, you can copy the LibertyControl icon from the program group into your Startup group. On the next reboot, it will get started automatically.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Jon
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by MoseGiganticus
    Hmmm, the Media Player screen doesn't work how I would expect it to. It's cool, but unintuitive. I expected that if I had media player running from my computer already, that I could control it from the media player screen, but that's not the case. I can only control the media player if I specifically select a playlist from liberty control. And when I do that, the media player window on my computer doesnt react, music just starts playing as if by magic. That's really wierd. I'd like to see liberty control directly control my media player. for instance, if I'm watching a DVD on my computer through windows media player, I want to be able to sit on the couch, open liberty control and pause the movie if i need to. It doesn;t seem to work like that. Can we do something about that? Really, what I want would be analagous to mapping WMP to a program launcher button on the desktop control screen, then mapping the pause/play, skip forward and skip back buttons in media player to virtual keys in liberty control. It's been said before, but it would also be nice to be able to control the volume from the side rocker button the Treo. Actually, I'd like to be able to map the media play function to hard keys. Like pause/play to the center button. That would be ideal.

Is this feasible?

Sorry to bombard this thread with my mental dump, but you guys seem to be giving goo support through this thread and I figured it would be worthwhile for other people to see what I'm asking in case they had the same questions.

Thanks again!
    -Matt
    Hi Matt,

Yes, it is feasible to do what you are asking. We will take take your points into serious consideration for a future version and we appreciate your feedback!

Please keep in mind, our primary goal for version 1.0 was not entertainment but productivity. We focused more on the PowerPoint control, Slide Manager, mouse/navigation capability, Browser, etc. I'm sure some of this will change in future versions

Thanks again,

Jon
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback. I think I can help with a few of your items.

Regarding the Virtual Keyboard, some special characters such as the Function keys, CTL, ALT, DEL, Backspace, etc. are currently available using the on-screen buttons. This may change in the future, but for now that is how it operates to allow compatibility with many different devices. It may take a little getting used to initially but works pretty well once you get used to it.

In response to being able to change the COM port setting, it can be done from the Desktop-side. Click the LibertyControl icon on the taskbar (red icon on the lower-right). When the dialog appears, click the 'Stop' button then click the drop down and select COM6 (instead of COM5) and click the 'Play' button. LibertyControl will always restore the very last (successfully) connect COM port the next time it is restarted. Although, you'll need to check/uncheck the 'Local' setting to alternate between LC and Hotsync. I'll see if there is something we can do to improve this. Personally, I find the BT hotsync way to slow and used it only a few times.

If you would like LibertyControl to startup automatically, you can copy the LibertyControl icon from the program group into your Startup group. On the next reboot, it will get started automatically.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Jon

The autostart fix is very helpful, thanks.

As for the keyboard, I do understand how it currently works, but I was suggesting that we try to get around the need for a virtual keyboard in future implementation. I'd mostly like to see me not even have to go to the virtual keyboard screen since I have a full hardware keyboard right on the Treo. I know I'm not the one doing the programming, so it's easy for me to say, "hey, make it do this.." But, that's why it's a suggestion...

Now, the COM port setting. I'm not sure if I fully got across what i was trying to. My whole point is that I don;t want to have to switch off the Local selection in my hotsync. That's fine if you persoanlly don;t use the bluetooth sync, but for me, it's my primary mode of syncronization. I fully understand how to switch the COM port from the desktop side in Liberty Control, my issue is that the Treo side doesn;t try to connect to any COM port besides the Hotsync one. I added a new Bluetooth serial port under COM6 (my hotsync is COM5) and I changed the liberty control desktop software to COM6, but when I start liberty control, my laptop still says that my Treo is trying to connect to COM5 through the nluetooth link. Thus, I'd like to see an option on liberty control where I can choose what COM port it tries to connect to my laptop with. Unless there is some other work around that will allow me to both use liberty control AND bluetooth hotsync without having to toggle the "Local" setting in the Hotsync manager.

Thanks again for all of your help and hard work. You guys RULE!
    -Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool
    Hi Matt,

Yes, it is feasible to do what you are asking. We will take take your points into serious consideration for a future version and we appreciate your feedback!

Please keep in mind, our primary goal for version 1.0 was not entertainment but productivity. We focused more on the PowerPoint control, Slide Manager, mouse/navigation capability, Browser, etc. I'm sure some of this will change in future versions

Thanks again,

Jon
    Certainly Jon. I do understand that and despite my "squeaky wheel" persona here, I certainly DO appreciate all of the hard work and support you and your team have put into this product. My intention is to look for solutions to things that I percieve as obstacles to my personal intentions with this product, and failing that, provide suggestions for future implementation of this sotware that may broaden the appeal of this program to more users. I think the groudwork has been laid for one of the most useful, slick, functuional, and all around cool applications I've ever seen on my Treo and I'd like to see you get the most mileage out of your work.

Thanks again!
    -Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Try as I might, I just can't get this app to work. The desktop application keeps telling me that the COM port is being used another app. I tried the steps involving unchecking "Local" under Hotsync Mgr but with the same result. Tried scanning for available ports but nothing seems to happen when I hit on the onscreen "scan" button.

Help?

DITTO for me - even disabling the local on my HotSync manager doesn't do it. Closing HotSync manager doesn't do it either. And also neither does closing/disabling PDAnet. The com port is defined correctly and does allow me to hotsync (when local is enabled, of course

Email to support is on the way...

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyDJs.com
    DITTO for me - even disabling the local on my HotSync manager doesn't do it. Closing HotSync manager doesn't do it either. And also neither does closing/disabling PDAnet. The com port is defined correctly and does allow me to hotsync (when local is enabled, of course

Email to support is on the way...
    HandyDJ- if you get info though a support email, PLEASE post that useful stuff here too. This has become the defacto forum on Liberty Control (it seems) and I, for one, would love to have any of the juciy tips you happen to get. i love this program and I really want to explore all ofthe poccibilities in functionality. Thanks.
    <bump> any updates on this?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Do not install the new Windows Media Player 11 beta as it will render Liberty Control inoperable. I learned the hard way this morning. ;>(
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
  14.    #54  
    We have updated LibertyControl with v1.2. It includes a number of enhancements/fixes, details are below. It is a Free upgrade for current users, there is a 20-click Trial for new users.

You can download the update here or visit our website at http://www.libertycontrol.com .

Updated Version 1.2.0
    Release Date......... : 20061026

• Reduction in the 'flicker' effect during a presentation.

• Added ability to press up/down Nav. button to page up/down presentation notes on Palm.

• Added support for FireFox Browser.

• Fixed an issue regarding the browse history DB could get deleted on the Palm.

• Improved suport for most all Bluetooth adapters (now using API calls for all serial communications within LC Desktop)

• Fixed an issue where LC Desktop could potentially resend commands to the Palm to change to internet screen on the Palm repeatedly.

• If a BlueTooth Hotsync is initiated while LibertyControl is running, LibertyControl will detect this and stop the port to allow the Hotsync Operation to proceed.

• Improved Presentation note relay speed.

• LC will close the Presentation running on the Desktop upon exit of the PDA app.

• Fixed an issue where the battery meter could show an incorrect image.

• Performs an ALT+ESC key command sequence instead of ALT+TAB to properly sequence through windows.

• Added 'Bytes Received' in the Statistics Tab.

• Added 'Current Browser' in the statistics Tab.

• Added additional code to support IE7 with Address selection capability.

• Added option to allow LibertyControl to run on Windows Startup (or not).

• Fixed the ability to use the up/down/left/right arrow keys from Virtual Keyboard in Windows Media Center to navigate options.

• Minor LibertyControl Desktop user interface improvements (color matching, image improvements, etc.)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    We have updated LibertyControl with v1.2. It includes a number of enhancements/fixes, details are below. It is a Free upgrade for current users, there is a 20-click Trial for new users.

Any support yet for Windows Media 11 that went gold today?
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Repeating a query to support: with 1.2, I get a blue screen every time I complete the Bluetooth passkey dialog -- this didn't happen with the previous version, and so presumably has something to do with the shift to APIs. Error message on the blue screen is "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS", Treo 650, Dell X1 WinXP fully patched.
  17.    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by riverbruce View Post

Any support yet for Windows Media 11 that went gold today?
    Windows Media Player 11 went out the same day as v1.2.0 of LibertyControl. We have since updated LC to v1.2.1 (now available on our website). Please update your installation to v1.2.1 to support WMP 11. There were also some additional enhancements that were made that may be of interest, including:

Updated Version 1.2.1
    ---------------------
    Release Date......... : 20061102
    1) Improved Slide Note send reliability and speed.
    2) Installer will now prompt to close LibertyControl if it's currently running, prior to installation.
    3) Updated PowerPoint quickstart presentation with additional notes.
    4) Windows Media Player (WMP) 11 user playlists are now supported.
    5) Updated Media Control to allow Nav. buttons to control selected playlist (Left/Right=Back/Next track,
    Center=Play/Pause,Up/Down=Volume up/down).
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjackson View Post
    Repeating a query to support: with 1.2, I get a blue screen every time I complete the Bluetooth passkey dialog -- this didn't happen with the previous version, and so presumably has something to do with the shift to APIs. Error message on the blue screen is "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS", Treo 650, Dell X1 WinXP fully patched.
    This issue has not been resolved as of yet. Reverting back to v1.1 did eliminate the BSOD. I have been unable to reproduce the issue on 4 different machines and a variety of BT adapters. If anyone else experiences this issue, please notify support at wagware dot com. I will continue to research the issue.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Quote Originally Posted by jonecool View Post
    This issue has not been resolved as of yet. Reverting back to v1.1 did eliminate the BSOD. I have been unable to reproduce the issue on 4 different machines and a variety of BT adapters. If anyone else experiences this issue, please notify support at wagware dot com. I will continue to research the issue.
    I have also experienced a BSOD as soon as the Treo connects to the PC. It does not happen every time, and I can't figure out what brings it on.

I will also contact the company directly.
  20.    #60  
    If anyone needs to revert back to v1.1 of LC, please click here. I have 2 reported cases of the BSOD and have been unable to reproduce on a variety of machines and processors.

It seems this is a very uncommon issue, but one I want to correct. Please e-mail support at wagware dot com with the following: PC/Laptop Mfg./Model, Processor type, Bluetooth adapter mfg./model if you experience this issue. This information will be helpful.

From the research so far, the common denominator is that the issue is related to Dell+Internal Toshiba Bluetooth stack. The issue has not been reported on any other machines except Dell. Also, Dell's with USB Bluetooth Adapters seem to be working just fine (I've tried 3 on a Dell Lattitude and Inspiron). Infact, simply go to Dell's support page located at http://search.dell.com and enter "MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS" and you'll find 12 threads of customers having issues with the BSOD on their Dell Laptops. This appears to be a driver issue at this point. There was to be an updated Driver on Nov. 4th, but has not been released yet. We'll see if that update from Dell/Toshiba corrects the problem.
    Last edited by jonecool; 11/06/2006 at 10:05 PM.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast