Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmydu3
    After trying it out last night, I can tell a ton of time went into this app. It really is the cleanest, most professional Palm app I think I've seen. The mouse control is fast and using the treo's keyboard and directional pad, it takes the place of a bluetooth mouse and keyboard! I think think this could be huge with people using home theatre pc's...you never have to look for the remote.
    The powerpoint feature is really well developed. I do give a number of multimedia presentations and there is one think I really need added. It is system volume control from the hardware buttons. Often the audio on the presentation changes for different rooms, so I need a quick way to change the volume. I was thinking ability to set the hardware buttons like this:
    button 1: volume up
    button 2: volume down
    center d-pad: left mouse click
    button 3: right button click
    (I really don't need the "hold left button" but since the menu button isn't used, could that be mapped?)

OR: everything could be kept the same if volume control could be mapped to the side scroll buttons.

Thanks again, and one other thing. I can't get the Windows Media Player control working. I've got playlists in "My Playlists" on WMP 10 but the program refreshes and says Update Comlete with no playlists shown. I've got all the other aspects of the program working, except WMP. Thanks again, James
    Hi James,

I just wanted to let you know the next version will have Master Volume control capability within the 'Settings' option. I've got it working here. LC Desktop sends the current volume level when the Treo connects. From there, the volume level can be adjusted by selecting the volume level you want.

The next public beta release will likely be Tues. or Wed. of next week and this request should be "In-There!"
    Palm and PocketPC Development with CASL (make your own Treo apps, easily)
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    or visit WAGWARE Systems, Inc. here
    Sweetness! I make a request less that 24 hours and it's gonna be "In-There!" Now that's pretty good. :-) My WMP version is 10.00.00.3802. Thanks again, James
    My WMP version is 10.00.00.3802. Thanks again, James
    Thanks
    AHA! WMP defaults to save it's created playlists as *.wpl which liberty control does not see, but when I created a *.m3u playlist it shows up perfectly. Also, should my treo screen be turning back on when I turn it off (it's as if it turns back on to refresh). Thanks, James
    AHA! WMP defaults to save it's created playlists as *.wpl which liberty control does not see, but when I created a *.m3u playlist it shows up perfectly. Also, should my treo screen be turning back on when I turn it off (it's as if it turns back on to refresh). Thanks, James
    Thats weird. My playlists are .wpl and LibertyControl displays them. At least we are getting closer to the problem. Thanks for letting us know
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Also, should my treo screen be turning back on when I turn it off (it's as if it turns back on to refresh). Thanks, James
    Mine does this too!
  7.    #27  
    Hi James,

The next beta will now look for playlists of .m3u or .wpl, this should resolve the issue regarding the playlists not showing up.

It's normal as long as your are connected for the device to turn itself back on. This is to maintain the BT connection to the desktop. If you disconnect before power off, it will not automatically re-power up.

Jon
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
  8.    #28  
    This is just to let you know we have updated LibertyControl to version 0.6.8. The enhancements and fixes in this release are below. This does include the Master Volume level enhancement in the 'Settings' dialog as requested. Please let me know if there are any issues at 'support at wagware dot com'.

Updates in Version 0.6.8
    ------------------------
    1) Added the ability for LC Desktop to send the current volume level to LC PDA.
    2) Added a setting for 'Master Volume' in LC on the PDA. A change of this value will send a request to the desktop to change the volume level.
    3) Added support for LC Desktop to also recognize playlist types of M3U, WVX, WAX or ASX.
    4) Fixed an issue which would cause a reset on non-PalmOS 5 devices. However, due to image scaling only devices with 320x320 resolution are recommended with LC.
    5) Fixed a display issue where the mouse-over when on a Stop could reset the image to play if the button was held and the pen was moved off the button.
    6) Added a "Please Wait" message when loading a presentation.
    7) Added help button in LC Desktop About dialog.
    8) Added help file menu option to LCSM.
    9) LCSM will now launch the Help documentation if 'F1' is pressed.
    10) Fixed an issue where slide notes for slide #1 would sometimes not show up.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
  9.    #29  
    Sweetness! I make a request less that 24 hours and it's gonna be "In-There!" Now that's pretty good. :-) My WMP version is 10.00.00.3802. Thanks again, James
    It's in there now. The update was posted a few days sooner than we expected. So far all testing has revealed no issues so we decided to post now.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    sweet program. I want to vote for support for either winamp or itunes. I think it would be so cool to have guests that come over to create their own playlists and stuff.
    Web-based remote controls are available for winamp and itunes. Infernote for Itunes (though it's buggy as hell) and browseamp plugin for winamp (which so far is great) can both be used in the treo browser really well. I love browseamp.
    It would be great if you could control WINAMP, I have BTAmp but it is missing Forward and Rewind control for the 5 way nav. like Pocket Tunes does.

If you can get WinAmp control that would be the deciding factor for me.

G0THIKE
    PPPPPLLEASE make this also working with iTunes Windows. I'm literally BEGGING you
    - always ill, but highly intelligent -
    webmaster Palmclub.nl
    wow.... just from reading this thread, this sounds to be a kick *** program. so many "cool factors" and practicle solutions in one! I also put my vote for winamp and itunes control. also, anything you can do to make this work with htpc's- preferrably meedio- would be great.

lastly, could you respond to someones earlier question about what youre actually buying when you pay for this? free upgrades for life? for a year? for major version levels?

thanks and definately look forward to snagging this app up once it gets closer to 1.0!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    wow.... just from reading this thread, this sounds to be a kick *** program. so many "cool factors" and practicle solutions in one! I also put my vote for winamp and itunes control. also, anything you can do to make this work with htpc's- preferrably meedio- would be great.

lastly, could you respond to someones earlier question about what youre actually buying when you pay for this? free upgrades for life? for a year? for major version levels?

thanks and definately look forward to snagging this app up once it gets closer to 1.0!
    Thanks, we've been hard at work on this program for about 6 months. What you see in the current version is what will appear in version 1.0. Our goal is to release v1.0 on Friday (10/15) unless any issues are reported. So far, all feedback has been positive and we have had no issues reported with the current beta.

Also, thanks for the vote for WinAMP and Itunes integrated support. We will consider it for a future release, but it will not be in the version we release Friday. We discussed at great lenths about what should be included in v1.0 and productivity is our primary focus. PowerPoint control is a tremendous value to those who give presentations. Browser, WMP and full Desktop control (mouse and Keyboard) alone is also a huge value and hope that others agree. With Mouse and Keyboard support, you can already control any app. that you want!

Regarding upgrades, all upgrades will be FREE for the current beta and all v1.x releases. Once we move to a release a 2.x version, there would be upgrade fee but it will be signifigantly lower than a new license.

Hardware devices that control PowerPoint alone sell up to $89, LibertyControl offers far more value at less than half the price. I don't know of any hardware devices that allow you to view on-screen presentation notes, slide timers, warnings, etc.

I hope this information is helpful for you. We appreciate all input thus far and hope that LibertyControl is an application that makes using your Treo 650 more productive and fun!

Jon
    Last edited by jonecool; 10/11/2005 at 02:08 PM.
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
    Jon,

You have a great program, however, there is another program, Slide Show Commander, that allows you to view on-screen presentations, notes, timers, jump to slides directly, and write on the screen to show up on the presentation (and apparently now works with bluetooth, which was it's MAJOR limitation). Although it is about $10 more expensive and ONLY works with PowerPoint. Will you be including any of these features in future releases? You have GREAT customer support. I have owned Slide Show Commander for years (expecting and waiting for the bluetooth solution) and their customer support SUCKS! I only bring this product up in hopes that you will be able to match some of their features, not to direct people to a competitor's product, because I would NOT recommend them to my worst enemy at this point! Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Try as I might, I just can't get this app to work. The desktop application keeps telling me that the COM port is being used another app. I tried the steps involving unchecking "Local" under Hotsync Mgr but with the same result. Tried scanning for available ports but nothing seems to happen when I hit on the onscreen "scan" button.

Help?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Interesting... sounds like a PC version of Sailing Clicker!
    ...which is out now too! I love all these fun apps coming out. Now we need a head to head battle! Nothing like some healthy competition to drive quality applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudychow
    Try as I might, I just can't get this app to work. The desktop application keeps telling me that the COM port is being used another app. I tried the steps involving unchecking "Local" under Hotsync Mgr but with the same result. Tried scanning for available ports but nothing seems to happen when I hit on the onscreen "scan" button.

Help?

Hi there. When you hit the scan button does the list box next to the text that says "Bluetooth Com Port" fill up will numbers?
    Salling Clicker supports iTunes directly, but costs about $4 more and does not have keyboard support - 300K on the Palm
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Jon,

You have a great program, however, there is another program, Slide Show Commander, that allows you to view on-screen presentations, notes, timers, jump to slides directly, and write on the screen to show up on the presentation (and apparently now works with bluetooth, which was it's MAJOR limitation). Although it is about $10 more expensive and ONLY works with PowerPoint. Will you be including any of these features in future releases? You have GREAT customer support. I have owned Slide Show Commander for years (expecting and waiting for the bluetooth solution) and their customer support SUCKS! I only bring this product up in hopes that you will be able to match some of their features, not to direct people to a competitor's product, because I would NOT recommend them to my worst enemy at this point! Thanks.

Dana
    Thank you for your input and recommendations. Now that v1.0 is released our next focus will be on what to add in the next version. I appreciate your input and we will continue to improve the product in new ways. Thank you for your support and enhancement requests.

Jon
    CASL is here
    LibertyControl is here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast