1.    #1  
    Hi,

My treo was working fine and I was wondering what all the fuss was about with regards to stability and freezes / reboots. It was great for a few weeks while I was loading it up with software, and one of the major apps I use is Mapopolis. Now whenever I load mapopolis and click Start on the splash screen treo simply soft boots itself. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does it. I use the app alot and am wondering why all of a sudden...

I also noticed my phone actually froze the other day...completely fronze, on the phone app screen....I had to remove the battery to reset it..

Its starting to act like a bad version of Windows!

Anyway, since this issue has been beaten to death, can anyone advise me on things I can do to minimize troubles? Mapopolis in particular as its a very handy app. I noticed that lately my memory has been getting full...could it be a free ram issue?

Thanks,

Varrus
    Quote Originally Posted by Varrus
    I noticed that lately my memory has been getting full...could it be a free ram issue?
    This is almost certainly the cause. If you contact Mapopolis support (support@mapopolis.com) you will find them very helpful. I'm not able to use it because of RAM limitations in my Treo, by they might have some good suggestions for you!

Pete
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I agree with phurth, I'd free some memory up and see if that does it. Do you have a SD card for less commonly used apps? With a SD card and something like Zlauncher you can keep quite a bit of memory free. I use about 40 programs, most are on the SD card, mapopolis is one of them. With all that I have about 17.4mb free and everything runs pretty decent. Mapopolis doesnt seem to have any troubles, albeit slow route finding and a lack of options compared to the PPC version

TS
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by turbosteve
    I agree with phurth, I'd free some memory up and see if that does it. Do you have a SD card for less commonly used apps? With a SD card and something like Zlauncher you can keep quite a bit of memory free. I use about 40 programs, most are on the SD card, mapopolis is one of them. With all that I have about 17.4mb free and everything runs pretty decent. Mapopolis doesnt seem to have any troubles, albeit slow route finding and a lack of options compared to the PPC version

TS
    Thanks guys...I tried freeing up some memory last night...It ran fine once...I ran it again today and had the soft boot...mind you, i tried ptunes last night and it caused a soft boot too...SOMETHING has changed on my treo! I haven't played with the option of moving apps to the SD card...I'm gonna figure out how to do that and see how it goes...
    What Version are you using?
    Mapopolis?
    or
    Navigator?
    If you limit your searches and navigation to just a few counties then you are usually OK. But if you have too many county maps in your directory structure it uses a lot of memory calculating routes and will reset a lot.

This is THE main reason I switched to TomTom. But once I started using TomTom i found I like a lot of things about it better. Of course, YMMV!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
  7.    #7  
    i moved some stuff to the memory card and deleted some old stuff...didn't increase the memory by much, just over 4mb....and thats all that was needed...runs smoothly now!