1.    #1  
    Two of us at my office have a Treo and are having the same trouble.

If I try to send a message the Palm One Screen comes on and then shuts my phone off.

If I receive a message from someone, the Palm One Screen comes on and brings the security screen up causing me to have to enter my pass word to be able to even use my phone again.
    more details please...

did this just start?
    is this consistent after a hard reset?
    what 3rd party apps(if any) are installed?
    by message so you mean sms or email?
    do you use versamail for email?
    have you tried THIS solution?

more detail leads to better help.
    just read your title...IM trouble.

since there is no built in IM on the treo...what app are you using?
  4.    #4  
    I am talking about the "Messaging" on the Treo. Sorry for the confusion.

With regard to your comment to look before I ask...the only place I have access to a computer right now is at work. Unfortunately, I do not have time to spend an hour on work time to do searches.

I greatly appreciate any help you can give.
    Quote Originally Posted by New to Treo
    I am talking about the "Messaging" on the Treo. Sorry for the confusion.

With regard to your comment to look before I ask...the only place I have access to a computer right now is at work. Unfortunately, I do not have time to spend an hour on work time to do searches.

I greatly appreciate any help you can give.

did you do a hard reset?
    what 3rd party apps are installed.
    delete the messages database.

My signature is not a specific comment towards you. I'm trying to help you so there's no need to be a jerk!
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 10/05/2005 at 10:11 AM.
  6.    #6  
    did this just start? FOR ME, IT STARTED ABOUT A WEEK AGO. FOR MY CO-WORKER IT STARTED A MONTH OR LONGER.
    is this consistent after a hard reset? I HAVE NOT DONE A HARD RESET. DO I NEED TO TRY THAT. CO-WORKER THINKS HE DID IN THE BEGINNING WHEN IT STARTED...BUT IS NOT 100 PERCENT SURE.
    what 3rd party apps(if any) are installed? THE ONES ON THE TREO START UP DISC AND VINDIGO OFF OF A WEBSITE.
    by message so you mean sms or email? SMS. THE E-MAIL HAS BEEN WORKING FINE SO FAR.
    do you use versamail for email? YES.
    have you tried THIS solution? I LOOKED AT THIS...BUT THIS APPEARS TO BE FOR VERSAMAIL AND I AM NOT HAVING TROUBLE WITH THAT.
    Quote Originally Posted by New to Treo
    did this just start? FOR ME, IT STARTED ABOUT A WEEK AGO. FOR MY CO-WORKER IT STARTED A MONTH OR LONGER.
    is this consistent after a hard reset? I HAVE NOT DONE A HARD RESET. DO I NEED TO TRY THAT. CO-WORKER THINKS HE DID IN THE BEGINNING WHEN IT STARTED...BUT IS NOT 100 PERCENT SURE.
    what 3rd party apps(if any) are installed? THE ONES ON THE TREO START UP DISC AND VINDIGO OFF OF A WEBSITE.
    by message so you mean sms or email? SMS. THE E-MAIL HAS BEEN WORKING FINE SO FAR.
    do you use versamail for email? YES.
    have you tried THIS solution? I LOOKED AT THIS...BUT THIS APPEARS TO BE FOR VERSAMAIL AND I AM NOT HAVING TROUBLE WITH THAT.
    USE FILEZ (OR OTHER FILE MANAGEMENT APP) TO DELETE THE "MESSAGES DB" FILE THE PERFORM A SOFT RESET.

THAT MAY FIX YOUR PROBLEM. IF NOT DO A HARD RESET AND USE YOUR TREO WITH NO THIRD PARTY APPS.(SOFTWARE FROM THE INSTALL CD AND VINDIGO ARE THIRD PARTY APPS)

ASSUMING YOUR TREO IS FUNCTIONING NOW INSTALL ONE APP AT A TIME. USE IT FOR A WHILE AND IF THERE'S NO PROBLEM, INSTALL ANOTHER ONE.

THIS WAY YOU CAN NARROW DOWN THE CULPRIT.

MY GUESS THOUGH IS THAT YOU HAVE A CORRUPT MESSAGES DATABASE AND DELETING IT WILL SOVE YOUR PROBLEM

GOOD LUCK AND THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    my GOD man... my eyes are bleeding!
    i think he was just trying to differentiate your questions from his replies.

Still, deleting the messages.db file is a very good first step.

also, what carrier are you on? I know the 600's had trouble with SMS messaging with US phones when used in other markets (like europe).