1.    #1  
    Hello,

Is it possible to make a call on your desktop computer (e.g., with Skype), and then use the Treo as a bluetooth headset?

I know there have been numerous discussions about how to use the Treo to make a call while talking on a Bluetooth headset, but what I am asking is sort of the reverse.
    Yes, it can be done and I did it. Look at this post on treonauts.com for more information. Remember to do a quick connect to your headset by right clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray.

http://blog.treonauts.com/2005/06/skype_and_bluet.html

However, if you are going to do lots of talking on Skype, it might make more sense to get a regular headset as battery life on the Bluetooth headset goes quickly.

George

Quote Originally Posted by algal
    Hello,

Is it possible to make a call on your desktop computer (e.g., with Skype), and then use the Treo as a bluetooth headset?

I know there have been numerous discussions about how to use the Treo to make a call while talking on a Bluetooth headset, but what I am asking is sort of the reverse.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but that's not quite what I meant.

I'm not wondering if it's possible to use a Treo-brand Bluetooth headset with Skype. I'm wondering it's possible to use the Treo _as_ a Bluetooth headset. In other words, say my computer has Bluetooth, and my computer has Skype. Can I make a Skype call through my computer, but use my Treo to talk instead of plugging in a wired headset?
    Not natively. The Treo doesn't support the profile required to act as a headset. The chipset installed in the Treo does, though. It would be a matter of writing a hack driver in order to get this to work, but I doubt anybody would spend the time to do this, as it is rather complex, and it's use would be limited.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Like this??
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I kind of thought afterwards that you might mean this. Sometimes I would like to as well, cuz if I get a call on Skype, I have to find my Bluetooth headset, turn it on, do a Quick Connect and take the call. I'm tempted to get a wired headset for Skype calls and have it permanently connected. It is nice to be able to use the Bluetooth headset, but the above can be a hassle.

I know that I would not want to use the Treo handset directly as I would like to be able to type and work on the PC while talking.

George

Quote Originally Posted by algal
    Thanks, but that's not quite what I meant.

I'm not wondering if it's possible to use a Treo-brand Bluetooth headset with Skype. I'm wondering it's possible to use the Treo _as_ a Bluetooth headset. In other words, say my computer has Bluetooth, and my computer has Skype. Can I make a Skype call through my computer, but use my Treo to talk instead of plugging in a wired headset?