Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    When I had a Treo 600, I used Callfilter to append single line log entries into my contact notes of call details:

< 06/19/05 | 11:58 | 000m 47s
    < 06/12/05 | 15:21 | 018m 37s
    < 04/13/05 | 11:54 | 000m 42s

Is there something that will do this in my 650?
    Currently no adequate solution...in other words me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuTango
    When I had a Treo 600, I used Callfilter to append single line log entries into my contact notes of call details:

< 06/19/05 | 11:58 | 000m 47s
    < 06/12/05 | 15:21 | 018m 37s
    < 04/13/05 | 11:54 | 000m 42s

Is there something that will do this in my 650?
    Im still using Callfilter. It still gives me the log in the contacts and a daily journal in my calender. Im using it on a GSM unlocked 650 treo.
    I've tried CallFilter, and it did work (mostly) for me. I'm just not willing to pay for a program that's not officially supported on my phone. Development seems to have completely ceased.

The developer of TakePhone is considering adding this feature to his excellent phone app. You might want to pop in to his forum here at TC to express your interest.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Agendus does this in their contacts history. Look at page 39 of the Agendus User Manual PDF. It shows all calls from the Treo (incoming, outgoing, and missed) with dates, times, and duration as well as any meetings, to do's, etc with the option of exporting the contact history to multiple formats.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    psziel: interesting... I have it registered, so I'll give it a shot. I'd love a version with all the non-650 compatible features stripped out.

phurth: that sounds promising!

topher: I'm an Agendus fanatic, and I like their logging, but I need something even simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by BleuTango
    psziel: interesting... I have it registered, so I'll give it a shot. I'd love a version with all the non-650 compatible features stripped out.

phurth: that sounds promising!

topher: I'm an Agendus fanatic, and I like their logging, but I need something even simpler.
    i kept reading that it would not work and people were saying they wanted a 650 version, am i missing something?, i use the logging and call filtering(all options like pickup & hangup and ignore) and all work well. never locks it up and never crashes due to the program. what part doesnt work with the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by psziel
    i kept reading that it would not work and people were saying they wanted a 650 version, am i missing something?, i use the logging and call filtering(all options like pickup & hangup and ignore) and all work well. never locks it up and never crashes due to the program. what part doesnt work with the 650?
    Some or all features work well for some 650 users. Some do not. I think it's mostly the call filtering features that cause problems rather than the detailed logging. But as I said, not for everyone. If it works for you, great!
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    I'd be willing to bet that the CF problems are mostly tied to the contact count. I have tried the ...cough, ahem... latest callfilter and for me, it is absolutely unusable. Even if I place a single catch-all rule for every call, it just flat-out hangs on an incoming call while it attempts to run through them and match my rule - meanwhile the call passes through to voicemail before the phone even rings.

For me, CF is not an option on the 650. Sure wish someone would pick up the ball on this very much needed feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by rouxdoo
    For me, CF is not an option on the 650. Sure wish someone would pick up the ball on this very much needed feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    The developer of TakePhone is considering adding this feature to his excellent phone app. You might want to pop in to his forum here at TC to express your interest.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I tried CallFilter, and all it does is cause resets.
    Something - I think phone tools - is putting up a list of my call history when I turn the machine on, and I have to tap around the edge to get it to go away (so I can see the phone). Does anyone know who's doing this and how to make it go away?????(these things are so frustrating yet so much fun) Jane
    From the "other" forum:

"Current Status - CallFilter for Treo 650 as of 10/30/05
    =================================
    After dealing with a couple personal challenges, I am back in the saddle. I am currently working on the beta of 1.3. The focus of this beta will be Treo 650 support (regardless of firmware version). The GSM mode looks pretty solid. The CDMA part needs to be tested. Thanks for the patience and the unwaivering support for CallFilter! I am glad to be part of such a supportive community."

So - since the original author of CallFilter is back, there is no need for me to compete with him (especially since he has already covered so much ground)...
    Shimon Shnitzer
    Maker of TAKEphONE, 2day, 4cast, 2dial & CallCards -
    "Take telephony into your Palm"
    Web: http://www.shsh.com/products
    Blog: http://www.shsh.com/wordpress
    eMail: contact@shsh.com
    FYI: Call Notes (http://www.handwave.com/) will allow you to add notes to the contact's note section, with info re date/length of call. If you add no notes, you'll just get the date/time/length of cal inserted into the contact's note section. Tends to be 2 or 3 lines though.
    I tried out Callfilter, even without having any rules, just using it to log calls, it was unbearable slow.
    I am currently trying Call Notes, and it works OK, but is still seems to cause lag in the phone operation, besides the fact that opening the Call Notes app is very slow.
    An ideal thing for me would be: when you hung up a call, instead of giving you just the "add new contact" when it is new number, instead you got a box with 4 options: Add new contact, Add number to existing contact, Add note to call log, Create new action item using number/contact; that would dismiss after a couple seconds but would still be avalable from the call log.
    MTT
    Handspring Visor, Palm V, HS Treo 180, HS Treo 90, P1 Treo 600, P1 Treo 650, Palm Treo 700p... still hanging tough with Palm OS