1.    #1  
    All of my large Apps are locked into my phone. How can I move these to the SD Card?
    PowerRun or zLauncher
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have lots of applications on the SD card without any 3rd party launcher.

Most applications that are not running in the background (like Butler, keycaps600, VolumeCare etc that are always running) or don't have any action (like backing up data) during Hotsync or don't have any timed action (like alarms) can be installed directly to the SD Card. You can also try to copy the application from the phone to the card and then deleting the application from the phone. Both these steps are from the Menu in the Applications.

On second thoughts, just use Powerrun ot ZLauncher or Initiate(?).

I don't use any of these and have all my games and applications like Directory Assistant, FlightStatus, dbScan, BackupBuddyVFS, Resco Explorer, TCPMP, RadioState, Converter and many more on the SD card.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    You can use Resco Explorer to move them to the SD card even if they are locked.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $advantage$ $to$ $using$ $PoweRun$ $or$ $zLauncher$ $is$ $that$ $they$ $move$ $the$ $app$ $and$ $all$ $related$ $databases$ $to$ $the$ $card$, $not$ $just$ $the$ $app$ $itself$. $This$ $is$ $not$ $the$ $case$ $using$ $other$ $methods$, $and$ $the$ $related$ $databases$ $for$ $some$ $apps$ $can$ $take$ $up$ $a$ $fair$ $amount$ $of$ $room$ $if$ $they$ $still$ $reside$ $in$ $RAM$
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Would I want zLauncher on the pda or the sd memory?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $advantage$ $to$ $using$ $PoweRun$ $or$ $zLauncher$ $is$ $that$ $they$ $move$ $the$ $app$ $and$ $all$ $related$ $databases$ $to$ $the$ $card$, $not$ $just$ $the$ $app$ $itself$. $This$ $is$ $not$ $the$ $case$ $using$ $other$ $methods$, $and$ $the$ $related$ $databases$ $for$ $some$ $apps$ $can$ $take$ $up$ $a$ $fair$ $amount$ $of$ $room$ $if$ $they$ $still$ $reside$ $in$ $RAM$
    Won't using Copy in the Applications move related files as well?

Delete in Applications deletes files and entries in Saved Preferences that have the same creator ID .. I figured Copy would handle the process correctly.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    "Copy" will copy the files to the card, but leave them in "RAM" (or its flash equivalent, in the 650's case) too, since it copies rather than moves. You would then have to delete the app in RAM to get any benefit from putting it on the card-- but the built-in Delete function deletes the app plus any databases and prefs that have the same Creator ID.

Using an add-on launcher's "move" feature will move the app (and, optionally, the data) to the card and create a stub in RAM so the app will know where to find the data, AND it will delete the app and the data (if the data has been moved to the card). (If you just move the APP to the card, the launcher will just delete the app from RAM but leave the database and prefs intact in RAM.)

You can also use any number of file managers like FileZ, FileProg, etc. to move an app to /Palm/Launcher on the card. That will not delete databases or prefs. Databases for apps you move that way might have to stay in RAM, though.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by sYmYn
    Would I want zLauncher on the pda or the sd memory?
    You would want ZLauncher on the PDA, in RAM.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I used PoweRun to move most of my apps to the card after finding I was filling up the internal RAM quickly.

Only to find that EVERY SINGLE APP I tried to run from the SD card caused a soft reset. I'm now being forced to waste time deleting all the apps off the card and then reinstalling them straight to the card.

Lovely.