Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    I have noticed scratches and dings on the body of my 650. Anyone know where you can buy a new external body casing? (Pls don't tell me I should have bought a case...<sigh>)

Thanks!
    Last edited by BigTex; 10/04/2005 at 11:10 PM.
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    You might try PDAparts.com, or google used pda parts and see what you get.
    Or...

you might consider not worrying about it. Are you entering your phone in a beauty contest? ;-)

But seriously, I suspect that trolling ebay for a Treo with a cracked screen (or similar non-body-related damage) is going to be the best way to get a whole case.

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    You can purchase a replacement face and have it installed by a Sprint (if that's your carrier) repair facility for about $60.

Paul
    Last edited by pluka; 10/04/2005 at 09:33 PM.
    where can you purchase it for $60? Will any sprint store be able to put it on? I have an unsightly scratch on mine
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    where can you purchase it for $60? Will any sprint store be able to put it on? I have an unsightly scratch on mine
    Find a Sprint store that has a repair facility. You can locate one on Sprint's web site. In my case, they cannibalized a unit they had that was defective and replaced mine NC. Took about an hour. I can't recall if the tech said they could order them new or if they had to pull them off existing refurb stock. In either case, they look new.

Paul