1.    #1  
    Bought a Treo 650 cradle (plastic) and it has
    no independent power source except through
    USB, so it *has* to be used with a PC.

Looking for recommendations of a cradle that
    has its own power source, looks better (than plastic),
    and which doesn't keep the Treo 650 so vertical.

The old Treo 600 reclining stand is a great one.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    If you plug the usb cable into one of these, then you can charge it in a lot of places.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/versacharger/index.htm
    The OEM Treo 650 cradle comes with an AC charger and is slanted just like the Treo 600 cradle. It also charges a 2nd battery.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I am not able to use the cradle for syncronization. Its looking for a driver but I just cant locate any for it. My notebook's os is winxp pro sp2.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    MFB,
    There is no need for a driver with the cradle. It's just a connector for the standard treo cable, so there is no need for a driver.

As far as the "independant power" issue, I'm not sure I follow you. It comes with it's own power adapter so there is no need to have a USB connection to the PC to charge the treo. Did I miss something?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I am not able to use the cradle for syncronization. Its looking for a driver but I just cant locate any for it. My notebook's os is winxp pro sp2.

Just switch the usb port. There are no drivers necessary if you correclty installed the Palm Desktop...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Really? Thanks, will give that a try.
    Did you see the new cradle ready cases for treo 650 with flip at fortte.com
    You do not need to take them out of the case