1. Puk
    I've never figured out how to do this, but never gotten around to asking before. After you make (or receive) a second call, is there any way to hang up just one of the calls? As of now, the only things I can do are swap, conference, or hang up all.

As a side note, sometimes when I hit the green phone button during the call, it goes to the main phone screen, but sometimes it switches to another mode on the call screen. (I can't make it happen at the moment, so I can't remember the name/what changes... "target mode"?) Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

-puk
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    You can't hang-up on the other caller. We all think it stinks too, but that is what we are stuck with.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Doesn't pressing the backspace key serve to terminate the current call you're on, after which you get "called back" by the other call? I seem to recall this being the case with my T600...
    Just tried the backspace thing but it didn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puk
    I've never figured out how to do this, but never gotten around to asking before. After you make (or receive) a second call, is there any way to hang up just one of the calls? As of now, the only things I can do are swap, conference, or hang up all.

As a side note, sometimes when I hit the green phone button during the call, it goes to the main phone screen, but sometimes it switches to another mode on the call screen. (I can't make it happen at the moment, so I can't remember the name/what changes... "target mode"?) Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

-puk
    What I have found to do for me on my Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM) is to use the 5-way navigation buttons to highlight the on-screen hang-up button for the ACTIVE call that I want to hang up with, then push the center 5-way nav button. This action hangs up the ACTIVE call and resumes me with the OTHER caller on 'hold'. Works EVERY time for me.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Yup, this is a problem. I just hope that my other call is correctly disconnected (sometimes I "hang up on all" just so I know the other call is disconnected).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by dimensiondvdrob
    What I have found to do for me on my Treo 650 (Unlocked GSM) is to use the 5-way navigation buttons to highlight the on-screen hang-up button for the ACTIVE call that I want to hang up with, then push the center 5-way nav button. This action hangs up the ACTIVE call and resumes me with the OTHER caller on 'hold'. Works EVERY time for me.
    I don't know about GSM phones, but the only option for me on my Sprint phone is to "Hang Up All"...obvisously yours is different???
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    If the other caller hangs up, are we still getting billed for the 2nd call?
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    I don't know about GSM phones, but the only option for me on my Sprint phone is to "Hang Up All"...obvisously yours is different???
    I would assume that it is different, since people on Sprint and Verizon seem to not have the option. I believe Sprint changes the UI of the phone to suit their needs/wants/desires, while an unlocked GSM (unbranded) phone is in the state that PALM designed without any carrier changes to the subsystems or UI.
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    I believe it's a "network issue" on CDMA. It's been discussed before:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...disconnect+2nd
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I have a 650 on Verizon. I just "hang up all" on the call I'm on, and the call on hold will automatically ring back after a few seconds.

I've tested this a few times, and it works.
    The latest VZW firmware (1.4) says that they've improved the interface for handling multiple calls at once. I'm waiting until many others have upgraded before doing mine, but perhaps one of the early adopters can tell us if there's any improvement in this department...

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro
    This is the same problem with POTS lines, is it not? If you're on the phone and get a call-waiting call, you can't hang up on the second call; just "click over" and hope the second caller hangs up, too. Otherwise you won't be able to accept any more calls because you'll still be on both until you terminate the original call. If the second caller never hung up, say they got a call-waiting call, too, then your phone is going to ring after a few seconds with the second call. Outside of having two lines I don't know of a way around this whether it be land lines or mobile.
    even if the 2nd caller hangs up, it still shows up as having a 2nd call? Any idea if I am getting billed for this 2nd call?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I have been using the "hang up all" button on my 600 and in 5 seconds or so the other call that I wanted to keep rings back. I use Sprint BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexysf
    even if the 2nd caller hangs up, it still shows up as having a 2nd call? Any idea if I am getting billed for this 2nd call?
    You shouldn't be billed for the 2nd call unless that caller remains on the line. The problem is that you can't initiate another call (3-way) or accept another incoming call (call waiting) until you do the "hang up all" to clear that caller from the screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    You shouldn't be billed for the 2nd call unless that caller remains on the line. The problem is that you can't initiate another call (3-way) or accept another incoming call (call waiting) until you do the "hang up all" to clear that caller from the screen.

thanks