Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been waiting quite a while for iTunes to be available on my Treo 650. It was rumored to be coming back in May and June, but never arrived. Now that iTunes sync's seamlessly with the Motorola ROKR phone on the Cingular network, should I be optimistic that my Cingular Treo will soon be supported, or should I be hopeless because Apple chose a non-Treo product to launch iTunes phone version?

I'm using PocketTunes right now. Truth be told, I'm getting by using my Apple iBook and iTunes music library to load up my Treo with music by loading directly onto the SD expansion card. But I'd be happier if the sync was seamless, directly into an iTunes-ready program so that my playlists could be preserved.

Any reason to expect iTunes on my Treo 650 any time soon?
    -- Josh
    I would say no....this an apple/motorola partnership too.
    Quote Originally Posted by steinbej
    I've been waiting quite a while for iTunes to be available on my Treo 650. It was rumored to be coming back in May and June, but never arrived. Now that iTunes sync's seamlessly with the Motorola ROKR phone on the Cingular network, should I be optimistic that my Cingular Treo will soon be supported, or should I be hopeless because Apple chose a non-Treo product to launch iTunes phone version?

I'm using PocketTunes right now. Truth be told, I'm getting by using my Apple iBook and iTunes music library to load up my Treo with music by loading directly onto the SD expansion card. But I'd be happier if the sync was seamless, directly into an iTunes-ready program so that my playlists could be preserved.

Any reason to expect iTunes on my Treo 650 any time soon?
    -- Josh
    There is a skin that makes Pocket Tunes look just like iTunes, but with no functional enhancements (like synchronization).
    does Pocket Tunes allow our Treo's to play songs off of the iTunes Music Store (the copyright protected ones)?
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    No, PTunes can't play protected iTunes Music store files. You need a program to convert/scrub it into a regular mp3 file for it to be "playable" with PTunes.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    No, PTunes can't play protected iTunes Music store files. You need a program to convert/scrub it into a regular mp3 file for it to be "playable" with PTunes.
    can you tell me what program does that. I have tried to find one without luck.
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    bling, I PM'ed you.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Hey DocGo, can you pm me with the info too please. I take it going that route would be faster than burning to cd and importing it back in...
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF
    Hey DocGo, can you pm me with the info too please. I take it going that route would be faster than burning to cd and importing it back in...
    Hey DocGo, I will also take the info via PM, if I still can take you up on it.

Thanks!
    Rob
    8GB iPhone
    pm please? Thanks!

Have you gone into the "sending PM's" business?
    Aeroplayer will play non DRM'd AAC files. I think there's a link to a scrubber program on their site. The scrubber program might be on sourceforge.net too.
    steinbej,

If you use a Mac, you can run the SyncTunes utility. It allows you to create a playlist in iTunes, and at the touch of a button, transfer all mp3's on that playlist to your SD card (connected via a card reader). You can then plop that in your treo, and play your iTunes! Google for 'SyncTunes'.

If you use the iTunes skin for Pocket Tunes, it at least looks a little like an Apple product!

-James.
    PM me too please....
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Last edited by ryanc2; 10/05/2005 at 03:53 PM.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgood72
    steinbej,

If you use a Mac, you can run the SyncTunes utility. It allows you to create a playlist in iTunes, and at the touch of a button, transfer all mp3's on that playlist to your SD card (connected via a card reader). You can then plop that in your treo, and play your iTunes! Google for 'SyncTunes'.

-James.
    Great suggestion. Is the SyncTunes utility part of iTunes or is it a separate program for my iBook that I have to find and download?
    -- Josh
    what is the name of the program ? Thanks!
    What program?
    the one DocGo refers to above.
    Ah... I think its the one ryanc2 mentioned- JHymn... if not, it does the same thing...
    I use AeroPlayer and sync songs onto the Treo via MissingSync 5. I wrote an AppleScript to also transfer the playlists themselves to AeroPlayer. I maintain a duplicate of my iTunes library (which resides on a home server) converted to Ogg Vorbis (0.1 VBR so it's as small as possible) on my laptop. Then I sync the Ogg Vorbis versions to the Treo when I connect it to my laptop.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast