1.    #1  
    I just came across this on Palmgear. EzRocker gives your Treo a 'mouse' that you can manouver with the nav pad.
    I just had to buy it. It's too cool. Here are some things I noticed during my use:

1. It seems to disable the feature where you can press and hold the middle button for your alerts.
    2. You need to use the Application manager to disable it in certain apps. For example, I chose to disable it in ZLauncher, because it overrides the up/down/select by the 5-way. I find the 5-way faster than the cursor in ZLauncher.
    3. I'd pretty much disable it in any program that needs to use the 5-way (especially a long press of the middle button).

No resets, slow-downs or other quirks so far!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I took a lot at this program too. Seems like a nice stable tool. I only have one problem, the price.

IMHO $15 buck is a lot of dough for this program.
    Regards, RoninKSB
  3.    #3  
    I know what you mean...but I had to find a way to make my Treo completely 1 handed-without even the occasional poke at the screen. In the end it was sheer necessity that forced me to fork over the dough.
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I am considering it for the same reasons. One of the programs I use the most, HanDBase does not support the 5-way nav. But I am going to try and hold out until it is on sale or something.

Wait is PalmGear's 10% off sale still going on?!

Must .... resist.
    Regards, RoninKSB
    Thanks for the info.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    I just came across this on Palmgear. EzRocker gives your Treo a 'mouse' that you can manouver with the nav pad.
    I just had to buy it. It's too cool. Here are some things I noticed during my use:

1. It seems to disable the feature where you can press and hold the middle button for your alerts.
    2. You need to use the Application manager to disable it in certain apps. For example, I chose to disable it in ZLauncher, because it overrides the up/down/select by the 5-way. I find the 5-way faster than the cursor in ZLauncher.
    3. I'd pretty much disable it in any program that needs to use the 5-way (especially a long press of the middle button).

No resets, slow-downs or other quirks so far!
    Hey...

I downloaded and tried it out. This thing is slicker than snot on a steering wheel. It seems to work on every app I tested it on, including ZLauncher and Docs2Go. Now I gots to buy it...Thanks for the heads up and the link.

Chuck
    It does seem nice, but the trial version is annoying with the register reminder 10 seconds after installing and frequently thereafter.
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Hey...

I downloaded and tried it out. This thing is slicker than snot on a steering wheel. It seems to work on every app I tested it on, including ZLauncher and Docs2Go. Now I gots to buy it...Thanks for the heads up and the link.

Chuck
    How do you know how slick snot is? Have you been digging again?
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    How do you know how slick snot is? Have you been digging again?
    I'm glad you asked. You can't dig for snot, since it's kind of wet. I would expect your question from clairegirl or even the Munk. But, they probably wouldn't ask since they already know that is just a saying.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    I'm glad you asked. You can't dig for snot, since it's kind of wet. I would expect your question from clairegirl or even the Munk. But, they probably wouldn't ask since they already know that is just a saying.

Chuck
    chuckling in my sleep...hehe
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, the reminder nag is kind of annoying with every 6th press or so. I guess the developer wanted to make it absolutely necessary to buy once you try it.
    So, we made it through the night and my Treo is still rock solid with it. The best feature by far is that it only takes an extended press of the middle button to enable/disable the program.
    This program is to me what Dataviz tech tool is to Perry!
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    Quote Originally Posted by lulugirl896
    Yeah, the reminder nag is kind of annoying with every 6th press or so. I guess the developer wanted to make it absolutely necessary to buy once you try it.
    So, we made it through the night and my Treo is still rock solid with it. The best feature by far is that it only takes an extended press of the middle button to enable/disable the program.
    This program is to me what Dataviz tech tool is to Perry!
    Yup....

No stability problems here either.

FYI....It does run in the hede when enabled. But it's minor. With nothing running, I am at 110 clicks at 1 second. With EZRocker enabled, my 650 is at 178 clicks at 3 seconds, according to Palm Internals.

Chuck
    I ran into a problem with EzRocker. I have McPhling on my Treo 650. When I hit the down rocker, it reverts to the previous application and when I hit the up rocker, it brings up a list of applications as it is suppose to do in McPhling.
    Interesting app! I'll have to check it out! Tx for the heads up...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I about to try it out myself. Thanks for a good find.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    FYI, I find that after resetting with this ap on my Treo 600 I get an error message pertaining to something with an alarm setting.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Actually, the error occurs when I hot-sync. Also, EzRocker app fails to restore itself after a reset even though the reset box is checked on application.
    "This space intentionally left blank."
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    This program makes Webpro completely usable with the 5-way. Good stuff.