1.    #1  
    i have locked treo650 from cingular,last night i downloaded the network hack and all of a sudden im getting edge,i can see the little triangle by my bars.could this have happen or do you think iv just not notice this.i did the 200k speed test i was getting 160 kb a second, crazy.thanks
    shouldn't you have been getting edge all along? they phone is edge capable out of the box.
  3.    #3  
    im almost sure i was not getting edge before the hack.at least not the triangle to prove i was getting edge.i just dont know.
    the little triangle is the indicator for both GPRS and EDGE. When you see it, it means you are now able to use GPRS or EDGE. It doesn't mean you are on EDGE for sure.

Since you have already proved that you are on high speed network, you are on EDGE. However, the little triangle isn't the proof or indicator.
    how do you get on edge? I only have a GPRS connection in my network prefs.
    The name of the network connection in network prefs doesn't mean anything.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    in my network prefs i have cingular gprs and 4 cingular gprs copy on there to choose from.i dont know what they are but they seem faster to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief
    in my network prefs i have cingular gprs and 4 cingular gprs copy on there to choose from.i dont know what they are but they seem faster to me.
    every time you edit your connection it creates a copy. Furthermore, if youve ever had a duplicate database problem, these connections can get duplicated too, and I dont know how to delete them. But if they say "copy" you should be able to delete them.