Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Love my HBH 662, but am curious to find out how many people are experiencing extended (earsplitting) tones on outgoing calls. On my HBH 662, it seems to happen inconsistantly, but when it does -- watch out.

Is anyone not experiencing this at all with other HBH models, e.g., 600, 602, etc?

Do we have a sense if this is a HBH issue or Treo 650 generated problem?
    I haven't experienced the problem you describe with my 660. Could it be an environmental condition? ie. power lines or electrical appliances?
  3. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Don't think it is environmental...happens anywhere. But good to hear that at least one person is not experiencing the problem.

I did contact Sony-Ericsson -- they are willing to send a new unit. But before I do that, I am going to try a hard-reset. Clear my unit of all apps, and see if that changes the situation. (Or go to a Sprint store and try one of their demo units).
    I have a 662 and experience that noise incosistently on outgoing calls, too. My guess is it's another 650 Bluetooth issue.
  5. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    If there was just a way to completely turn that tone off, I would be satisfied.
    I get the same tone on just about every call.
  7. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Is anyone getting this tone on the HBH 600 or 602?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg
    If there was just a way to completely turn that tone off, I would be satisfied.
    But where is the fun in that?!
    could it be that the 650 just doesn't support bluetooth 1.2. i have the 660 and am not experiencing any problems at all.
  10. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I should qualify -- I am using a Sprint version. Tonniat2000 what carrier are you on?
  11. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    yes, I've been experiencing thus on my hbh 660. And on bothT650s I have owned. Interestingly, I hear the tones with both incoming and outgoing calls. I think I might have lost some hearing as a result . I will also contact SonyEricsson and exchange my headset. Do U have a number handy? Thanks!
  12. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    You can reach Sony-Ericsson support at: 866-766-9374. The process is that they will open a ticket, give you an RMA number and an address to send your unit to. Upon receit, they will then send you a new unit.
    Thanks for the number. I was having the EXACT same problem with my Sprint T650. Spoke with Sony and will be sending it in.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
  14. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    thank you ajg, will let you know what happens. Hope it all works out for all of us!
  15. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    It would seem that since many of us are experiencing this problem a unit swap will not make a difference. But, maybe Sony-Ericsson can recognize there is a problem and if they feel the Treo is an important market, make a change. Even if they just softened the tone to a lower frequency, etc.
    For the record, I'm on T-Mobile
  17. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Still wondering if anyone using the earlier model, e.g., HBH 600 is having this problem?

One other data point. Well over a month ago, I noticed that my 650 started taking longer to connect when I was dialing out. Curious as to whether this is what is causing the extended tone on the HBH. Will be taking my 650 in for testing and see what they find.
    I was having the exact same problem with my Sprint Treo 650 and the HBH-660, but only after I updated the ROM to 1.12. Sprint exchanged my Treo with a refurbished one with an older ROM, and the loud tones were gone. I was hesitant to upgrade to ROM 1.12 again, but did it anyway. Guess what? After the upgrade to 1.12, the long tones were back!

I have since switched to Cingular, and bought a new Treo 650 from them. I have never had a problem at all with the tones on my Cingular Treo.

So, to me, this seems to be specific to the Sprint Treo (or maybe CDMA version), and only with the latest ROM (1.12).
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I have the Treo BT headset. After updating to 1.04 (Verizon) noticed the same annoying tones you are talking about. I ordered the HBH 662 the other day.

AARGH!
    After reading the posts, it seems that these problems could be exclusive to treos on the CDMA networks...Have any treos on the GSM networks experienced these problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast