Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Since no one provided insight re: the HBH-600 and this symptom, I just ordered one.... I have no reason to believe that it will be any different (i.e., better), but hope prevails.
    I have the HBH 660 and sprint t650. I get the tones one of two times: the first is random and it is very annoying, but happens while the call is being connected. Once the phone call goes through, i hear the ringing. The other time it happens (sometimes) is when i accidently dial a call and then hit the end call button. The phone hangs and the headset goes into this noise. I actuall have to turn off the head phone and then the treo does a soft reset on it own. Tough price to pay for hitting a wrong button.
    I had the tone on the HBH-660 and even now on my Scala at random moments. It has to be a treo thing. I'm on a Sprint Treo 650 for the record.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Argh. Well, then, I won't bother sending mine in. Damn you SprintPCS... damn you to HELL!!!!
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    I have a Scala 500, and it does it for me too, at random times. Most of the time, the tone lasts for about 3-4 seconds, then stops. Other times, the tone just keeps going and going.... but all I do is end the call, and it stops, I don't have to reboot the headset.

It is VERY annoying though.....

Ken
    Quote Originally Posted by kenjancef
    I have a Scala 500, and it does it for me too, at random times. Most of the time, the tone lasts for about 3-4 seconds, then stops. Other times, the tone just keeps going and going.... but all I do is end the call, and it stops, I don't have to reboot the headset.

It is VERY annoying though.....

Ken
    Hey Ken,
    Just curious, Who is your cell carrier?
  7. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    OK Folks...if this is old news -- my bad.

Need someone to verify a potential workaround to the problem noted on this thread.

Using the HBH 600 I just picked up (as a replacemnet for my HBH 662), I found that by hitting the mute buttom after hitting send (when dialing out) that the "ear-splitting tone" does not occur. I have tried this numerous times -- it seems to work. And although I dislike having to use workarounds for things -- this one is easy...one extra button tap.

If you have the HBH 66x or 60x, please give this a shot and tell me if it works. (For the record, I am on Sprint).

BTW I have also noted on the HBH 600 (when not using the above workaround) that the tone problem does not occur as frequently (vs. the HBH 662).
  8. jes
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I have learned to live with it. Still would like solution (Sprint can't help). I am curious to see if new T650 users are having this problem.
  9. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    I have since obtained a newer 650 (old one died) -- and yes, the tone issue persists. But, as noted previously, I just hit mute after send and the long connection tone is eliminated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12