1.    #1  
    My Treo 600 GSM, just passed the one year mark and seems to be on its last legs. The battery barely makes it through a work day when I don't even use it much. It used to last over two days even with moderate use.

At this point I am unsure of my options and wanted to gauge what others might do or have done.

1) Buy one of those eBay Treo 600 batteries and replacet it myself.

2) Buy another Treo 600 from eBay (fairly cheap these days).

3) Upgrade to Treo 650 (a bit more than I would like to spend after this one lasted about a year).

4) Purchase BlackBerry (7100, fairly cheap too)

5) Other

I like the functionality of the Treo. I have software invested for the Palm platform. But there were far too many glitches and bugs to make this a true workhorse reliable phone. All the usual symptoms, poor mic volume on random calls, buzzing, freezing, resets, etc. My hope is the BlackBerry platform will be more stable, the disadvantages are that I will need to invest in new software and from what I've seen they don't have everything that I use on my Treo.

My current Treo is also pretty banged up. Some buttons are misaligned and not level. Lots of minor chips and scratches (easily). My Sena case also did a lot of damage, the inner seams scratched up a lot of the surface underneath where the case was too. I'm a bit disappointed since I usually take care of myself but I've never had a phone so beat up after one year.

Are those eBay batteries any good? Anybody used them?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Don't have advice for you but my Sena Leatherskin case is exhibiting the same behavior on my 650... Small chips in the faceplate around the edge of the screen...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, that is exactly my problem too. I don't know if it is the Sena case completely at fault though. When I run my fingers along the inside, the seams don't feel too abbrasive. But one thing I have learned about the Treos is that the materials used in their casing is very poor, so easily damaged. I'm not surprised the 650 is also like this.

While I like the Treo platform, I'm very motivated to get a BlackBerry now. I can't find complaints about hardware build or failure and it just "works". I've also realized after this year of having a Treo that I don't need all the bells and whistles that I thought I might. I don't watch videos, I don't listen to MP3 out of my phone (have an MP3 player for that), I don't even use the camera!
    Treo 600 GSM
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I just went thru the same thing, ended up replacing the battery very easy to do and at the same time did the tin foil over the wire trick to get rid of the static. I also bought the tool kit recommend did not take more than 15min. think for $50. total I know that my 600 is the same, while i wait for a 700p
    I just bought battery from ebay. The total with shipping and tax is around $18. The replacement seems easy. I already opened up the back and took a look at it before I bought the battery. I will post an update after I get the battery and did the replacement.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks, looking forward to hearing your results. Who was the seller of the battery on eBay?
    Treo 600 GSM
    This is not much of a solution but I have the external battery purchased on Ebay. I have had my 600 for a year and can usually go 2 days w/out a charge. I keep the external battery charged and use when need or on long trips. I can usually go 5 days with a fully charged pirmary and external.
    One of my colleagues was having this problem with his 600 and got a replacement battery from pdaparts.com for $39, plus the torx driver set (to remove the back) for $10. He said the disassembly and replacement was straightforward and the battery is higher capacity than the original so you get more talk time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Need
    I just bought battery from ebay. The total with shipping and tax is around $18. The replacement seems easy. I already opened up the back and took a look at it before I bought the battery. I will post an update after I get the battery and did the replacement.
    Hey, I just got the 2000mAh battery off eBay and followed the instructions (I got them from PDAparts). In about 15 minutes I was all done. The most time-consuming part for me was restoring all of the data. But after an overnight charge, I'm better than new. Really. I'm so glad I went this route and didn't spend more money on a 650.....
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Just replaced my battery. Ordered one off Ebay and backed up my Treo to my SD card using BackUpMan. Took 15 minutes plus five minutes to restore. Charged up and is working awesome! Very glad I did it. My Treo hit the 18 month point a little while ago. I have an original Handspring version. I've beat it up pretty good and it keeps on ticking.

Here is the link to the seller I bought from. My battery was only 1700 mAh, but I think you can get 2000 out there. I bought this one cause it included the right size torx wrench.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5812462796

I definitely recommend doing it yourself. If you buy one off ebay used, the battery will probably be just as bad if not worse! Why else would anyone give up their baby!!!
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Did any of you that replaced the battery have humming,static,etc. issues and then have to add the tin foil around the battery cable
    The treo has an 1800Mah battery. There are cheap 1600Mah batteries on Ebay. PDAParts sells a 2000Mah battery for $50. You also need to have the tools to open it. All in all, I'd say the better battery is worth it. By the time you need another one the treo650 (670?) will be a cheaper upgrade.