1.    #1  
    This is my first post on this site, but I have been using the site for reference since I received my phone about a week ago. Thank you!!!

I have an Earthlink Treo 650 and I am having some bluetooth problems with my car. Here is what I can do: I can accept and answer calls without touching the phone. It mutes the radio and rings in the car without problems. I can make calls from the phone, using the phone keypad, and it will connect to my car's bluetooth as it rings. These two actions work perfectly.

The problem I am having is when I call using the car (the car's voice command or favorite list). It will call the person, but I cannot hear them via the car's speakers. They say they can hear me, though. Is this a phone issue or a car software issue?

The car does not load my contacts, but that is no big deal since it keeps my last 8 calls and my favorite list. I believe this has already been determined to be a phone issue with older software.
    first make sure you have the latest firmware on your phone from palm.com/support then if it still doesn't work, you should search this forum for the make of your car since various car makers use different setups
  3.    #3  
    The last time I checked, Earthlink did not have any updates. I called them and they said that they did not know if it was ever going to get an update (this is not to say there will not be, but the tech guys had no clue one way or the other).

Does anyone know if the other company's updates will work on Earthlink? I have a 30 return window and will return the phone and go with Sprint if there is no other way to get it to communicate with my car. I am going to run by the dealership and see if they can fix it before I decide to send back the phone. The Treo 650 was $99 after rebates with Earthlink, but it is not much of a bargain if they never update it.
    Quote Originally Posted by uofmtiger
    The problem I am having is when I call using the car (the car's voice command or favorite list). It will call the person, but I cannot hear them via the car's speakers. They say they can hear me, though. Is this a phone issue or a car software issue?

Mine works even with the Voice Command dialing (BMW X5 / Cingular Locked T650).

Did you check to make sure the volume on your Car System is not at the lowest level? It happened to me once - I could hardly hear the other party until I noticed I have accidentally lowered the volume at the Steering wheel switch. Otherwise, I think it is a car issue. Good luck. Bluetooth in your car and voice command is a great feature.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Yeah...that happened to me once too while driving around my '79 Dodge Omni...damn steering wheel volume will get you all the time. The problems I go through with owning such a luxury car...sheeesh.
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
  6.    #6  
    The first thing I checked was the volume. I will run the car by the BMW dealership and let them take a look. Thanks