Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simba
    Kender - just reading this thread quickly (have to run errands), I believe you have to use a cradle to download the update. That's what I recall from the last update.

Please someone confirm this. I'll check back later.
    I would disagree with this - I did the 1.03 update back in June/July just fine - as I recall then, I was one of the few without problems.

Looks like Karma's a *****, eh?

Verizon was completely useless. The in-store people told me to call their PDA support line... yeah, great idea, if my PHONE wasn't BROKEN. *sigh* They looked at me vacantly when I tried to explain what was going on - and now I'm without a phone til friday or monday.

I'm gonna try and grab the 1.03 ROMs and re-flash and see if I can downgrade.

Edit: Here's the link if anyone wants the 1.03's: Go here
    You Can't Stop The Signal - Serenity in theaters on September 30th!
    ---
    iMac G5 2ghz, 1024mb, 160gb, SD
    Treo 650 (VZW)
    Oh thank god. I'm back at 1.03 and my phone works again.

Now... do I dare to try 1.04 again?

Yeah. I'm just that crazy.

Edit: Seems to be going smoother this time. When I launched the "Treo 650" updater this time, it auto-launched that CDMA thingy.
    Last edited by Kender; 10/04/2005 at 07:37 PM.
    ---
    Treo 650 (VZW)
    Well it worked now. 1.04.

Sorry about the drama.
    ---
    Treo 650 (VZW)
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    No.. the cable should do.The only difference I see from what I did is that I never had to launch the app. Once the sync was done ti automatically started the update.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MIACANE
    Yes, I believe it is a file on VZW phones only? Are you able to send it to me?
    MIDataLib.lib
    It's in RAM on my VZW phone, but it's locked. I might be able to get it from a copy of it on my SD after a backup.

I sent you an email.
    Does having BackupBuddy installed mess with the process at all when it is restoring from the PC?
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    No, but remember the device should be HARD reset before begining the update. There should be nothing installed on it.
    I did my update with all the syncing/installing on Bluetooth and it worked fine. 1.04 up and running with no issues to date
    Can anybody comment on the "Improved user interface for multiple call scenarios" that Palm says is in the 1.04 release?

I did the update, then got a conference call going, and didn't notice anything new in the UI... I must be missing something. Thanks in advance!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kender
    Trying a soft reset - nada.
    Trying a warm reset - nada.
    Soft reset again - turned phone on. PDA reset itself.
    Turned phone on again - PDA reset itself.
    Time to head to the VZW store, I guess. *sigh*
    I had the EXACT same problem coming from 1.01. Tried the update several times...Went to VZW Store. They said my next Treo should arrive in two days.

-NP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    On GSM phones, MIDataLib is in ROM. Perform a soft reset and see if the error goes away; if it doesn't, use FileZ or another file manager to check for MIDataLib in ROM.
    I am planning on updating my Verizon 650 tonight but I have one question.
    I don't see MIDataLib.Lib on my device now. Not in RAM not in ROM. What is this for and am I going to need a copy ?
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    http://www.rgps.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rgps
    I am planning on updating my Verizon 650 tonight but I have one question.
    I don't see MIDataLib.Lib on my device now. Not in RAM not in ROM. What is this for and am I going to need a copy ?
    I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.04 yesterday with no problem. I just looked at Filez and I don't see that file on my Treo either. Everything is working fine (actually not much difference from previously), so I don't think its an issue.
    I downloaded the update to the Treo via Bluetooth. The app appears and clicking it starts the process.
    VisorPhone => Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmass
    I upgraded from 1.03 to 1.04 yesterday with no problem. I just looked at Filez and I don't see that file on my Treo either. Everything is working fine (actually not much difference from previously), so I don't think its an issue.
    Thanks. Must be a file from an installed app or something.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone for the replies! I ended up doing a Hard Reset and restoring all my programs one by one. Everthing is working perfect now. I believe the issue I had with MIDataLib.Lib file was due to VZW wireless sync. With the 1.04 update the only noticable difference is more memory space...Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    For all who have updated - can you hang up on the 2nd call when you have 2 calls going at the same time? Do DTMF tones have other options? Any other differences? Has anyone updated this on their Verizoned phone? Just wondering...I have a verizonized sprint phone and want other people's take on this new update (whether it's worth making the update).
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Since the update..bluetooth phone calls seem to be clearer on my end and the other end says it sounds better. I hear less noise at my headset and other party reports less "word" drops. May be coincedence ......

Bob
    I ran into a fairly annoying problem after I upgraded to 1.04 and wonder if someone out here can give me an idea on where to look.

On the "phone" screen there is a menu of items below the digits. On it, there are links for Contacts, Call Log, Voicemail, etc. I had put about 5 or 6 items into the menu below the standard ones and it always worked well by scrolling down and selecting the appropriate Favorite button. Now, however, as soon as I scroll below Voicemail, the 650 resets itself.

I've done a number of things, including removing all entries below Voicemail and hard resetting the device. I assume 1.04 has developed a conflict with some software I have, but I really don't want to remove and re-install everything. BTW, after a hard reset and before I re-sync my data, the problem does not exist.

Anyone??
    Note happening on my device after update. I backed up with RescoBackup, installed and restored with Resco. Favorites is working fine. No memory improvement but the update is fine so far.
    Treo 650 Verizon 1.04
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Is there any way to make the call clarity on the this phone better? I am on my 2nd one, because I thought the first one was defective and took it back to Verizon. This one has the same problems. Audio level is loud enough, but people sound like they are mumbling. The clarity stinks. The ear speaker sounds like it is blown. 1.04 hasn't made anything better.

Is poor audio characteristic of this phone?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast